Question: When...

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
In your opinions, when was the last time we had a win that big or you felt this good after a game?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Question....when was the last time we resisted the urge to post dumb **** and just enjoy the current bowl win?

Question....when was the last time we resisted the urge to post dumb **** and just enjoy the current bowl win?

How is that a dumb question? I am enjoying the win, was just trying to think when was the last time I felt so happy after a game. Whats wrong with that, man?

Good post. Don't pay attention to that guy. Clearly, he's been hugging a bottle or two all day.
I don't remember feeling this good at the end of a season since maybe the championship year. 2002 ended badly and I can't remember what happened in 2003 and 2004. 2005 was the disastrous Peach Bowl and then barely winning that bowl on the blue carpet in 2006 was pretty meh.

Good post. Don't pay attention to that guy. Clearly, he's been hugging a bottle or two all day.
I don't remember feeling this good at the end of a season since maybe the championship year. 2002 ended badly and I can't remember what happened in 2003 and 2004. 2005 was the disastrous Peach Bowl and then barely winning that bowl on the blue carpet in 2006 was pretty meh.

Ya.. 2006 was not a happy ending, regardless of our win. Chavez Grant picking that ball off to hold off Nevada is not an accomplishment. I haven't really felt this good since 2004 watching my Canes slap the Gators.

Advertisement
2003 and 2004 were nice endings but the seasons as a whole were considered disappointments at the time. I agree that I did not feel good in the least after 2006. Nobody really seemed to think Miami was capable of going worse than 9-3 before that year. And we went 7-6.

Finishing 5-0 was huge. We are a good team. Way better than our record says. We ended right, for the first time in forever.

In recent memory. I have 3 with short summaries:

1) Oklahoma in 2009: At the time, we were showing progression (or so we thought) and opened up with a rough 4-game start - @FSU, Ga Tech, @VaTech, Oklahoma. Oklahoma just lost the natty the previous year and all of the teams were ranked.

2) FSU in 2009: Jacory put up a great performance and unfortunately this was our last win against the Noles. I thought this game would be his coming out party.

3) UF in 2013: Again. Thought this was where we'd have a special year and that Al Golden was a corch.

This game's different. We went against a ranked 10-win team. This was a game where if Golden was coaching, it'd be the exact same game and score, but we'd be the West Virginia. We got the bowl monkey off our back and head into the recruiting and offseason with actual momentum unlike previous years.

Advertisement
I was at the UF game in '13, and at the time, that felt like a great win. Too bad that 2013 UF and Golden both ended up being hot ****.

Ya.. 2006 was not a happy ending, regardless of our win. Chavez Grant picking that ball off to hold off Nevada is not an accomplishment. I haven't really felt this good since 2004 watching my Canes slap the Gators.

I am hugging a swizzler sweet but yeah I'm twisted. Great win I just want to focus on the present and future. We live jn the past too much. I am really optimistic about our future.

May I add that I can't wait for uga to get beat

Advertisement
Back