Question. Was there a guy with the last name

CANE1775

Senior
of Baptiste on the roster around the 2000-2003 time period? I'm drawing a blank but a friend of mine says he worked with a guy that said he was there around the time of Portis, Gore, Taylor, etc.

Advertisement

Thanks. I didn't think so but I thought that maybe I was drawing a blank. It's obviously some guy that was probably from south florida that's telling lies to a guy in Alabama that he didn't think would have a friend that's a lifelong Canes fan. LOL

Advertisement
The college football reference website is useful, but not complete. I've gone back over UM rosters going back 40-50 years--and I remember, to some extent players and our teams over at least that long. I've seen what I think are incomplete rosters. Still amazing to see those old names, but perhaps not complete.

I did find, for example, Daytona Cane's late husband, Doug Davis, from the '58-'61 era. I do remember him, but not as well as some others. I remember most of his teammates from that era.

You might think that all players' names can be found on old rosters, media guides, or game programs. Not true. I've met guys who were on the team, dressed out, but we're not listed on the media guide and possibly not in game programs. If I get a chance when I get to my computer ( and not my phone) I'll write about a player I knew who was in that category.

There was a David Jean-Baptiste that played basketball at Norland High school

Advertisement
The college football reference website is useful, but not complete. I've gone back over UM rosters going back 40-50 years--and I remember, to some extent players and our teams over at least that long. I've seen what I think are incomplete rosters. Still amazing to see those old names, but perhaps not complete.

I did find, for example, Daytona Cane's late husband, Doug Davis, from the '58-'61 era. I do remember him, but not as well as some others. I remember most of his teammates from that era.

You might think that all players' names can be found on old rosters, media guides, or game programs. Not true. I've met guys who were on the team, dressed out, but we're not listed on the media guide and possibly not in game programs. If I get a chance when I get to my computer ( and not my phone) I'll write about a player I knew who was in that category.

Never found.....probably because they never touched the field.

They probably had plenty of time to carve their names onto the bench....so maybe OP should also check there.

I want to say we had a guy named Baptiste who was a late qualifier CB, went through one Spring. Quit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back