Question regarding transfers

561Cane

All ACC
Premium
When a student athlete (football player) declares he’s transferring during the season, is he also quitting school as well? If not, how does the school handle the costs associated with such student athlete on scholarship?

I get the transfer new ‘era’ we have today as young men think differently. They want to play immediately, and if not, seek opportunity elsewhere. But if you’re leaving your team in season, then you must pay for school for remainder of the semester as your scholarship has been revoked in my opinion. It only makes sense. The flip side is, just wait until of season, the semester and announce such transfer.

Advertisement
Untitled.png

LIE#1 - There are more 4-4 transfers because of the portal. There are not. It is a lie and a sham used by many CIS posters to confuse reality of a player leaving.

Not sure how the academics work. I would presume you finish out the semester.

Just quitting the team, It would be incredibly be incredibly foolish if they didn’t continue the school semester since you still have to qualify with transfer requirements to another school

View attachment 101782

LIE#1 - There are more 4-4 transfers because of the portal. There are not. It is a lie and a sham used by many CIS posters to confuse reality of a player leaving.

The rules were only recently changed, we need more time to get a larger sample size. The correct comparison would be when data comes out for 2019 on.

Advertisement
But how does this affect the scholarship count?

When a student athlete (football player) declares he’s transferring during the season, is he also quitting school as well? If not, how does the school handle the costs associated with such student athlete on scholarship?

I get the transfer new ‘era’ we have today as young men think differently. They want to play immediately, and if not, seek opportunity elsewhere. But if you’re leaving your team in season, then you must pay for school for remainder of the semester as your scholarship has been revoked in my opinion. It only makes sense. The flip side is, just wait until of season, the semester and announce such transfer.
By November the semester has already been paid by someone.

They still take classes. I’ve seen Brian Hightower walking to class and I remember seeing Dionte Mullins around campus for what felt like a very long time after he announced his transfer.

They still take classes. I’ve seen Brian Hightower walking to class and I remember seeing Dionte Mullins around campus for what felt like a very long time after he announced his transfer.
Thanks. That some straight up B.S. if accurate. You quit during the season, therefore you should pay for the remainder of the semester or be forced to leave.

Advertisement
So how do they get football work in? They just getting fat & slow until they can get on a roster next season? They still get football nutrition? Thats gotta be awkward.

View attachment 101782

We're in year one of the portal. I fully expect all three of those lines to "hockey stick" upwards in the coming few years.

Advertisement
Back