Question on Belle Glade and Pahokee?

I hope Pahokee stays down for awhile. That school breaks bread with FSU on a regular basis. Glades Central sends prospects anywhere with no agenda.

There was a time almost all the Belle Glade kids went to UF. That changed. I can't remember when exactly, maybe it was with Nakia Jenkins or James Jackson, or some other guy. I kind of recollect that Jenkins was not really a Belle Glades guy.

Were Remuise Johnson and Ricky Jackson from Pahokee? Johnson stood up our assistant at the bus station and he took off to join a mission in upstate NY, or so legend has it.

Advertisement
Immokalee is "The Muck" and they've been putting out studs the past couple of years.

I know the economy in Belle Glade and Pahokee went real bad and a lot of people were forces to leave, might also explain some of it.
I did read an article on the economy in the area. Part of it, but both really have fallen. Immokalee muck area too? I know Alexander and this year Jackson. Two big time DBs.
True muck is where I grew up on lake Okeechobee.....Belle Glade, Pahokee, Canal Point, Clewiston, Moore Haven, Lakeport, Buckhead Ridge and Okeechobee.

I don't know the geography in that area, but I know that we had some trouble with Pahokee back in the '80's when there was a USA Today A-A safety there, John Davis. He was a no-show for his OV to the U. He went to FSU and started, but was an ordinary player.

The best player we've gotten out of that area (if you don't include Immokalee) is probably Jimmie Jones, who was totally under the radar, since he didn't play his senior year in HS.

We got Travis Benjamin (GC) and Micanor Regis (Pahokee) from there. Im not sure, but didnt Fred Taylors son go to Glades Day? He was a pretty big recruit. As was Kelvin Benjamin.

That area has declined since the sugar companies out there started leaving and some of the schools in eastern PBC started getting really good.

Dont forget Glades Day either (the little private school down there). They have been really good in the lower divisions and I assume are taking away from Pahokee and Glades Central.

Pahokee and GC gave lost so many kids that they have dropped in the class in which they play. Grew up in BG and the population has fallen dramatically during the Obama years......

Advertisement
We got Travis Benjamin (GC) and Micanor Regis (Pahokee) from there. Im not sure, but didnt Fred Taylors son go to Glades Day? He was a pretty big recruit. As was Kelvin Benjamin.

That area has declined since the sugar companies out there started leaving and some of the schools in eastern PBC started getting really good.

Dont forget Glades Day either (the little private school down there). They have been really good in the lower divisions and I assume are taking away from Pahokee and Glades Central.
The sugar companies have not left the Glades, and yes Fred Taylor's son went to Glades Day and is now at UF

Advertisement
Back