Question on Belle Glade and Pahokee?

Geo305

Retired staff
Premium
What is up with "The Muck". I have noticed they have not produced any legit prospects as of late. Last ones I can remember was Likely, Kelvin Benjamin and Walford. Is something wrong in the Muck? I know their was Kelvin Taylor but he didn't go to Pahokee or Belle Glade.

I remember almost every year they had at least 1 to 2 legit prospects in that area every year, what is going on?

I know sometimes some high school teams have some down years. And their is new ones that emerge such as South Dade and Champagnat Catholic as of late. Is it me? Or the Muck hasn't been producing as of late?

Advertisement
I hope Pahokee stays down for awhile. That school breaks bread with FSU on a regular basis. Glades Central sends prospects anywhere with no agenda.

OT Martez Ivey (Pahokee) is ranked a 5* #6 overall in 2015 by 247. Supposedly a Gator, though.

Many more options and schools in the surrounding areas now. Kelvin Taylor did go to school in Belle Glade but it was the small private powerhouse, Glades Day

Advertisement
I know Taylor went to glades day. But both of these schools were previous powerhouses. Really have fallen. They always produced 1-2 a year, at the most 3 from their schools respectively. Been a long drought. Benjamin will be playing on Sundays next year. Very long time.

Advertisement
Immokalee is "The Muck" and they've been putting out studs the past couple of years.

I know the economy in Belle Glade and Pahokee went real bad and a lot of people were forces to leave, might also explain some of it.

Immokalee is "The Muck" and they've been putting out studs the past couple of years.

I know the economy in Belle Glade and Pahokee went real bad and a lot of people were forces to leave, might also explain some of it.
I did read an article on the economy in the area. Part of it, but both really have fallen. Immokalee muck area too? I know Alexander and this year Jackson. Two big time DBs.

I did read an article on the economy in the area. Part of it, but both really have fallen. Immokalee muck area too? I know Alexander and this year Jackson. Two big time DBs.
True muck is where I grew up on lake Okeechobee.....Belle Glade, Pahokee, Canal Point, Clewiston, Moore Haven, Lakeport, Buckhead Ridge and Okeechobee.

is their prospects ocming out of Royal Palm Beach.....alot of guys are steadily moving out and heading to west palm beach schools...also their has been coaching flux.....not sure if their guys camp as much anymore..guarantee its still studs though..as Likely ashowed out last yr..and lil Fred Taylor did some things

Advertisement
is their prospects ocming out of Royal Palm Beach.....alot of guys are steadily moving out and heading to west palm beach schools...also their has been coaching flux.....not sure if their guys camp as much anymore..guarantee its still studs though..as Likely ashowed out last yr..and lil Fred Taylor did some things

A couple Palm Beach schools and some Christian schools have come in our area. My brother's brother in law was my head coach at Glades Day and Kelvin's (he left last season to be head coach of Clewiston) Kelvin is a BEAST, started since 8th grade

A couple Palm Beach schools and some Christian schools have come in our area. My brother's brother in law was my head coach at Glades Day and Kelvin's (he left last season to be head coach of Clewiston) Kelvin is a BEAST, started since 8th grade

Because he was 16 in 8th grade.

Advertisement

And? Dis dude single handedly carried 3 defenders on his back to win the state title in '10. Regardless of him being a gator, he's a MONSTER...wish he was in orange and green

And? Dis dude single handedly carried 3 defenders on his back to win the state title in '10. Regardless of him being a gator, he's a MONSTER...wish he was in orange and green

**** I read that wrong I thought we were talking about Kelvin Benjamin

Immokalee isn't muck territory. Immokalee doesn't farm sugar cane .

Duke is right though. Local economy is struggling and people are leaving

You could see the Pahokee decline coming years in advance. They started losing to teams in Palm Beach they never used to lose to. (Cardinal Newman, Inlet Grove Etc..)
Glades Central is a different story because they were still producing on the field up until 2012. Both will rise again, they always do.

Advertisement
Back