Question for you old timer grassyholics....

D

deleted18246

Wouldn't it be amazing to witness the birth of a Cane dynasty for the second time in your life?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I remember top ten UM teams from the '50's and '60's, so I don't know what defines a dynasty. Maybe just being top ten once in a while is not a dynasty. By the same token, I'm not sure the success from 2000 to 2002 was a dynasty. We only won one NC (arguably we should've had another, and were really the best team in the country in 2000), so I don't know if that qualifies as a dynasty. Our success from '83 through 1992 is definitely a dynasy. I don't know that you can break that period up into several dynasties.

So, I don't know how you define dynasty.

Mind you I was a kid for the first ( though saw title 2 won with my own 2 eyes in person) but this would be the 3rd . Although I don't think we will ever be a dynasty again as times have changed but I do think we can make the playoffs every other year or so . I fully expect Miami to make the playoffs in the next 2 seasons and win a title in the next 5-6 years. Just too much talent in the area and one of the truly elite recruiters in the college game not to mention to really good cordinators in Richt and Diaz.

Advertisement
Way to early for such talk

I don’t think it’s too early. We aren’t there yet. Too many ? With our offensive consistency and some of our DB play. But we are rock solid with our front 7 and we are DEEP. That’s where programs are born and it’s something we have been lacking for years. Until now. Clean up some other areas and we are in the mix.

Advertisement
Wouldn't it be amazing to witness the birth of a Cane dynasty for the second time in your life?

said this same thing to my parents..

was around watching Canes games since 1984.
attended first game in 1985.

not sure I would be around to see another title run or a Republican elected president.

2017 could be the year.

Advertisement
Back