Question for the Rumph haters

As an alum, mine definitely matters a little more. But I'm not stupid enough to voice mine regarding how Miami football should be run, because I know it's pointless. You don't.

Your voice means jack ****.... you are stupid enough to voice it on here.... FYI this is a forum that involves people giving the opinion ......shame you wasted Miami's time with getting an education

Advertisement
Your voice means jack ****.... you are stupid enough to voice it on here.... FYI this is a forum that involves people giving the opinion ......shame you wasted Miami's time with getting an education

1) Show me where I've said anything about how the program should be run. I'll wait.
2) I did? Interesting. My Wall Street job didn't think so. Nor did my professors, who recommended me for it. And Miami was happy to give me a scholarship AND take the money that I made from my success there. Strange.

There's an enormous difference between having an opinion on team performance and players and voicing an opinion as to how the program should be run as a complete outsider who has done nothing to financially support it.

Again, I know that difference. You don't.

1) Show me where I've said anything about how the program should be run. I'll wait.
2) I did? Interesting. My Wall Street job didn't think so. Nor did my professors, who recommended me for it. And Miami was happy to give me a scholarship AND take the money that I made from my success there. Strange.

There's an enormous difference between having an opinion on team performance and players and voicing an opinion as to how the program should be run as a complete outsider who has done nothing to financially support it.

Again, I know that difference. You don't.
So on a forum people shouldnt give their opinion on the football team......what the fvck are we supposed to do. Just cause someone has a degree doesnt mean they are smart.....you are proving that

Advertisement
Well, I will say that if Blades & Ivey don't turn it up several notches this next season, then yeah, they are JAGS. I remember folks saying JJ was a JAG after his sophomore season, then he brought it for his last 2 seasons...lets see
JJ had way more credentials coming out of HS then those two.....I think we were the ones recruiting them the hardest. The Vols recruited AB a bit but that's it and I don't trust their track record at all.

JJ had way more credentials coming out of HS then those two.....I think we were the ones recruiting them the hardest. The Vols recruited AB a bit but that's it and I don't trust their track record at all.
blades isn't bad. He had a better year overall than bandy imo.
Ivy is just slow. i remember seeing his hs tape thinking what are people seeing.

blades isn't bad. He had a better year overall than bandy imo.
Ivy is just slow. i remember seeing his hs tape thinking what are people seeing.
My thing with Ivey was speed and the way the big time schools weren't going hard after him. That's always a question mark with me when the elite schools make it to easy. I want to fight a bama UGA Clemson etc for kids.

Advertisement
Way more is a stretch, yes Jaquan was one of the only 4 time all Dade players ever however blades was rated significantly higher than Jaquan in the rankings and ended as a top 100 player overall as a cb so he didn’t have “way more” credentials as you incorrectly stated. Blades was offered by a number of big schools including bama as well. Now in regards to ivey Jaquan definitely had way more credentials than him

Way more is a stretch, yes Jaquan was one of the only 4 time all Dade players ever however blades was rated significantly higher than Jaquan in the rankings and ended as a top 100 player overall as a cb so he didn’t have “way more” credentials as you incorrectly stated. Blades was offered by a number of big schools including bama as well. Now in regards to ivey Jaquan definitely had way more credentials than him
I agree on the credentials thing between JJ and Blades.....buuuuuut Blades wasn't no Battle. Like Jordan got recruited hard by bag schools behind the scenes. I don't remember Blades being heavily hard full court press recruited by the trusted DB schools. Even guys on the WEZ called it that he wasn't as good as his name....I think he wasn't even getting much burn at STA over other guys. That's what I remember....if I'm wrong I need a poster that's in the middle of mope and slurper to correct me if I'm mistaken. To me though offers don't mean anything it's the way your prioritized by the typical DB schools.....LSU OSU Auburn Bama etc.

tumblr_mv10egUfmF1qdato8o4_250.gif

Dee Delaney didn't improve. Same with Jhavonte Dean. Ivey looked like shlt last year. Bandy after 3yrs of coaching might not get drafted and had a very pedestrian junior year.

I'm not sure where the Rumph "can't recruit, but he's a **** good coach" myth came from. He's just as average as the rest of the defensive coaching staff when it comes to development.

It came when they realized he sucked at recruiting...so they had to tip the scales to make him good to great at SOMETHING.

Advertisement
Elder was a top 200 recruit in the nation.

MJ was .88 on 247.

I get where you are coming from, but he didn't really make "chicken shlt into chicken salad" - both were quality recruits who ended up being 5th round picks. I'd say making these guys top 2-3 round picks would be a clearer sign of elite development.

Ive been saying this for years...but they keep harping like Michael Jackson was Randy Jackson and Corn Elder has cerebral palsy until rumph got a hold of them. Both dudes were in the db rotation BEFORE rumph got here

Ive been saying this for years...but they keep harping like Michael Jackson was Randy Jackson and Corn Elder has cerebral palsy until rumph got a hold of them. Both dudes were in the db rotation BEFORE rumph got here
That’s true for elder but Mike Jackson barely played in 2015 or even 2016(he was in the bowl game some)so you can’t really say he was in the rotation.

That’s true for elder but Mike Jackson barely played in 2015 or even 2016(he was in the bowl game some)

MJ never redshirted and was on all special teams units...thats typically a good trajectory for a good player at db for um,

Advertisement
Rumph gets hate because he didn't deliver talent when he was at American. He gets hate for not delivering Campbell, Surtain and every other 5 star DB.

You could have the best DB coach in america down here and they would lose out too. Just like Coley was a recruiting G at FSU and UGA but was mortal here. He will look great at aTm too.

Everyone talks about bags and a winning culture as to why these dudes dip for the SEC top schools but Rumph is suppose to land these dudes over those obstacles because he simply should.

If this program starts winning and does what those SEC schools do. Then when Rumph chokes getting a 5 star guy. You have every right to talk down about him.

More is made about Rumph but little is said about the horrific LB recruiting. Recruiting slow *** dudes that can't stay healthy. Thank god Shaq never got hurt. He wasn't the greatest but could you imagine if he was out for any length of time. The brittle bunch would've been laid to dust within a few snaps.

We are losing. Football extreme team sport and is not simple for us to really know who is srewing up. We can see the results and no something is wrong but ultimately it it the HC that has to take the blame. Recruiting today and those bags we mention have huge impact. Mike failed to deliever but do we really know it is his fault? Did he ***** up or just not be able to overcome $300K in a publix bag?

None of miamis players are becoming 2-3 round picks lately, not a problem exclusive to cbs

It’s exclusive to coaching. Rumph is mediocre at best recruiting wise and developmentally. He’s been here for 5 recruiting cycles. His track record speaks for itself. He sucks.

It’s exclusive to coaching. Rumph is mediocre at best recruiting wise and developmentally. He’s been here for 5 recruiting cycles. His track record speaks for itself. He sucks.
Where’s the outrage for development at linebacker , receiver, oline, qb? They have been far worse in terms of development. As it stands now the positions that have been coached up the best on the team is at tight end, db , Dline(although that’s hit or miss, most guys are good that first year and don’t get much progression after)and running back . Everything else if a far bigger “coaching problem” than rumph has been let’s be real about the situation. Linebacker coaching has been *** so that’s behind db development too and that’s facts.

Advertisement
Back