Question for the Mods

Advertisement
Great question. What you will see in the future is a separate list for transfer in and transfer out. I have already started tracking transfers and have updated classes 2012 to current. Next, I need to add in tracking of when those transfers occurred and assign a transfer class. Currently we are tracking stats on the incoming recruiting class and those numbers are pretty straight forward. When you are dealing with transfers you have to account for both your transfer outs as well as your transfer ins. Transfers need to be ranked based on their transfer value and not their high school star ranking. Once we have a good way to track both then we can figure out how to properly show their value.

Great question. What you will see in the future is a separate list for transfer in and transfer out. I have already started tracking transfers and have updated classes 2012 to current. Next, I need to add in tracking of when those transfers occurred and assign a transfer class. Currently we are tracking stats on the incoming recruiting class and those numbers are pretty straight forward. When you are dealing with transfers you have to account for both your transfer outs as well as your transfer ins. Transfers need to be ranked based on their transfer value and not their high school star ranking. Once we have a good way to track both then we can figure out how to properly show their value.
Any way we can get the commits highlight videos in their profile?

Any way we can get the commits highlight videos in their profile?
It wouldn't take much to add but someone will need to enter the hudl links. I could also look at building a scrapper, which is what I use to do but my scrapper had issues.

Advertisement
I don’t care about their pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, green clovers, blue diamonds, purple horse shoes, red balloons, etc. I would just like to see a list of everyone who has a signed LOI listed in one place by position, with physical measurables, high school, JUCO, or university they are coming from, and the number of years that they are eligible to play. Use their “star rating” out of high school. I don’t think that we would be willing to offer portal and JUCO kids scholarships if they suck and don’t have the potential to play.

I don’t care about their pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, green clovers, blue diamonds, purple horse shoes, red balloons, etc. I would just like to see a list of everyone who has a signed LOI listed in one place by position, with physical measurables, high school, JUCO, or university they are coming from, and the number of years that they are eligible to play. Use their “star rating” out of high school. I don’t think that we would be willing to offer portal and JUCO kids scholarships if they suck and don’t have the potential to play.
It's just a bad way to look at a recruiting class. The issue is that transfers go both ways so you need to show that. You really have two classes now, traditional and portal.You last comment is exactly why we should keep it separate. Recruiting ratings of kids transferring in and out are meaningless to what value they offer the team. If I decide to keep stats on transfers then they likely end up on another page/filter. If I decide to not generate stats for them then they likely get listed below the other players but their stats will not be calculated with the recruiting class.

I would just like to see one list of all of the new faces that will be on campus between now and August, without having to go to the Recruiting Board and sort through different posts. I understand the focus on ratings/stars. Recruiting is far from an exact science, but it is obvious that the teams getting the most four and five star rated kids are in the hunt, year in and year out, for the national championship.

I now have transfers add to our signing class. They appear under the other commitments.

Currently I only have the ability to show one transfer per player. This breaks the system for players like Tate Martel who transferred here and then to UNLV. I will work on a better way to handle this but our current signing class (including transfers) is 100%.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back