Question for the "Golden needs to make changes crowd"

Our offense looked good under Jed Fisch, who Im a huge fan of. James Coley was brought in primarily for recruiting purposes but is improving. He still has a good way to go but Im happy with his improvement.

The one area where Im skeptical about golden as it relates to the offense is his hiring and retaining of Art kehoe. He has no bidnizz being a D1 O-line coach and that's not my opinion, that's the marketplace's opinion. Dude had zero job opportunities outside of UM. This is, in part why I say that golden is a politician first, coach second.

Jedd Fisch, the guy who scored 3 points against Notre Dame and 13 against KSU? We played horrendously against good teams under Fisch. And Fisch is a good coach.

Yes, Jedd Fisch is a **** good coach IMO. Pointing out the two games where our O line was outmatched proves more of my point than yours. :)

Again, I use the marketplace as my primary gage for a coach's value. Jedd Fisch is currently employed as an offensive coordinator in the NFL. That tells me he is one of the 32 best offensive coordinators in the USA at this time. He's the only OC that made Jacory look decent. As well, we saw Stephen morris' regression after Jedd Fisch left.

No, it really doesn't. :) Those were two of the top teams in college football that year. That's the standard at UM. We did absolutely nothing against them, so this idea that the offense "improved" or at least improved enough to warrant Golden staying doesn't hold any water when we were completely outclassed against the top teams. If our offense had improved to the point where we could say hey, maybe the only problem IS the defense, then we'd be able to point to solid performances against good teams. But we can't. Every time we play a really good defensive team, our offense disappoints.

Advertisement
sarcasm?

Here's what I see: Since coach Golden has taken over, every single aspect of the program has improved with the exception of on-field defensive performance.

* Offensive talent is better
* Offensive on-field performance is better

* Stregth and conditioning is better
* Defensive talent is better

The only thing I see that has gotten worse since Randy was let go is the on-field performance of our defense. As we all know, this is the area managed by golden's best friend. Up til recently I've only been calling for a change at D coordinator, not head coach. That said, if coach golden is going to live or die with the performance of mark doritos defense, then I can only call for the termination of coach golden himself.

Yes, I realize that this is the defensive scheme that coach golden prefers to run himself, but I really think thats a big deal. I see golden as a politician first, head coach second. His market value in the open market is far less than his current contract with UM, in my opinion. I would really like to see Blake James fire mark dorito by the time Im done typing this post and then issue a strong message to coach golden that those passive schemes will not be tolerated here. I tend to think coach golden would be able to hire another more qualified D coordinator and things would improve greatly. But Donna is not going to allow blake james out of her **** long enough for that to happen, so I guess Im back to having to call for golden's termination. But make no mistake, my plan would save UM millions of dollars while allowin the program to continue to improve.

People got too distracted by the whole Dorito angle. They portrayed him as such an incompetent boob that they completely overlooked the bigger ****--Folden. They villified Dorito so much that Folden got a free pass. Now, there are still idiots stuck on Dorito, as if the defense is the only problem with this horrible team.

The rubes have lost track of the fact that BOTH of these idiots suck. It's their defense. Their plans. Their brotherhood.

Folden is clearly lost, and this situation has gotten away from him. He's in over his head, and it's too late now to turn it around. Folden is like our defense, and the movement to get him out is Ameer Abdullah. It's running downhill on him, and there's absolutely no way it's going to turn around.

Look at a guy like Brady Hoke. Hoke had better success at Ball State and SDSU than Folden had at Temple. He also had more success at Michigan than Folden has had here. But that job swallowed him up, and the avalanche of negativity can't be stopped no matter what he tries.

Once coaches get in this sort of cyclone of negativity they NEVER get out. I've never seen it turn around in pro or amateur sports once it gets this bad.

Advertisement
People got too distracted by the whole Dorito angle. They portrayed him as such an incompetent boob that they completely overlooked the bigger ****--Folden. They villified Dorito so much that Folden got a free pass. Now, there are still idiots stuck on Dorito, as if the defense is the only problem with this horrible team.

The rubes have lost track of the fact that BOTH of these idiots suck. It's their defense. Their plans. Their brotherhood.

Folden is clearly lost, and this situation has gotten away from him. He's in over his head, and it's too late now to turn it around. Folden is like our defense, and the movement to get him out is Ameer Abdullah. It's running downhill on him, and there's absolutely no way it's going to turn around.

Look at a guy like Brady Hoke. Hoke had better success at Ball State and SDSU than Folden had at Temple. He also had more success at Michigan than Folden has had here. But that job swallowed him up, and the avalanche of negativity can't be stopped no matter what he tries.

Once coaches get in this sort of cyclone of negativity they NEVER get out. I've never seen it turn around in pro or amateur sports once it gets this bad.

This times a million. And just because the defense happens to suck worse than the offense doesn't mean the offense has been good. Can anybody point to an excellent offensive performance against a very good defensive team under Golden?

Folden is just trying to save his paycheck and find a soft landing for his bff and prolly himself.

I hope they get fired yesterday...

Advertisement
Back