Question for the fan police

Advertisement
Comical misrepresentation. But very predictable from the SAMs. For every post or thread ripping the idea of taking steps to "harm" the program, there are at least a dozen examples in the other direction, of posters ridiculing anyone who does not participate. They desperately clutch laughable devices like negative reputation.

It is very recognizable and predictable. That type can't stand counter opinion. They have no ability to argue. It's comforting to hang out at a place where virtually everyone is of the same mindset. Then when a small sampling offers a different perspective they scramble to find a tire inflator and pump it exponentially beyond it's true level. It's like sensing demons who aren't there.

In my case I don't care what the SAMs do. I rather enjoy it when I am threatened with negative reputation, or when conventional wisdom posters are so threatened by my opinions that they spotlight them in sigs. I've never condemned any of those things from the OP. Just maintain a fraction of one percent perspective on the real world. When somebody posts here that the basketball games are a haven for anti-Golden chants and attitude, that's Rod Serling territory. Pig farmers think the world revolves around pig farming. I have friends in Las Vegas who can't comprehend people who don't gamble every day. Somebody took your sign. Well that's absolutely wonderful. Ten seconds later that guy had already moved onto another topic, perhaps a relevant one, while you're still stuck in a revolving door whining about your sign and seeking group approval.

Did you read he last paragraph, specifically the last sentence you overly verbose gasbag? You wrote a three hundred word essay, but none of which actually addresses the only question in my post. Let's try it again.

"Tell us how fans should express their displeasure to Miami."

Advertisement
Honestly the only 2 on your list that should be discussed are the tweeting.
The reason is that you can express your same feelings to that person by emailing them. Tweeting is easier and fun but people OTHER than who you claim to want to express things to are seeing it....and its especially loud to recruits.
It would be like making a donation to charity but then making sure everyone else knows you did it.
Its like you wanna be high fived for saying something.
All the other stuff is fine.

When you tweet you have a way better chance of that person reading or replying and increases the pressure on the person to do so, especially if it starts to get a lot of retweet momentum.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back