Question for the fan police

Republicane

Spirited but Cordial
Whenever someone comes up with a way to express displeasure about the state of UM's football program, usually first on the scene is Officer Freddy Fanhood telling them why what they're doing is wrong and how they are hurting more than they are helping. Imagine Cutler Ridge Laz as a cop, but if his stint in jail for bank robbery didn't bar him from joining the force. Almost always OFC. Fanhood claims to not be an Al Golden apologist, despite still having Golden's dried **** in his Highway Patrolmen-esque mustache. Would one of these heroes please break it down for us what is acceptable? In the meantime, let's recap what we aren't allowed to do:

Not donating to UM? Unacceptable.
Canceling your Hurricane Club Membership? Unacceptable.
Canceling your season tickets? Unacceptable.
Not buying tickets? Unacceptable
Not spending money on UM merchandise? Unacceptable.
Flying critical banners? Unacceptable.
Criticizing Al Golden? Unacceptable.
Tweeting at the AD? Unacceptable.
Tweeting at the coaches? Unacceptable.
Signs at UM sporting events? Unacceptable.
Pointing out worrying statistics to prominent members? Unacceptable.

So all you holier than thou ****heads who think they're some sort of sporting Stephen Hawking because they aren't mad about six wins four years in like the rest of the riffraff, here is your chance. Tell us how fans should express their displeasure to Miami.

Advertisement
Honestly the only 2 on your list that should be discussed are the tweeting.
The reason is that you can express your same feelings to that person by emailing them. Tweeting is easier and fun but people OTHER than who you claim to want to express things to are seeing it....and its especially loud to recruits.
It would be like making a donation to charity but then making sure everyone else knows you did it.
Its like you wanna be high fived for saying something.
All the other stuff is fine.

The reason is that you can express your same feelings to that person by emailing them. Tweeting is easier and fun but people OTHER than who you claim to want to express things to are seeing it....and its especially loud to recruits.
It would be like making a donation to charity but then making sure everyone else knows you did it.

A serious reaction is necessary for serious change. Unfortunately this what UM wanted and this is what they get. It is only going to get worse, blame UM.

Because without the tweets recruits would have no idea that UM is currently dog****?

Because without the tweets recruits would have no idea that UM is currently dog****?

Stop it, stop with the truth.

Advertisement
Yeah ur right...they know how bad it is.
All kids are different and maybe some of them get freaked out knowing how brutal fans can be....I dont know. Its just a thought.

Ultimately nobody is actually stopping anyone from doing any of it...so you can do all of it freely...you win.

Yeah ur right...they know how bad it is.
All kids are different and maybe some of them get freaked out knowing how brutal fans can be....I dont know. Its just a thought.

Ultimately nobody is actually stopping anyone from doing any of it...so you can do all of it freely...you win.

We're all losers. We have another season of Blake James and Al Golden. We lose. We will lose on NSD, Spring, Summer and the Season. We're the big losers.

Arguing with a SLURPER is pointless. Their complete lack of intellectual honesty places rational people at a disadvantage.

It's best to ignore their blather, and let them go **** themselves.

A serious reaction is necessary for serious change. Unfortunately this what UM wanted and this is what they get. It is only going to get worse, blame UM.

Agree Blame UM 100% at fault

Advertisement

We have front row seats to a train wreck. Wear protection.

No Slurping here...just keep rollin. Im just saying that by tweeting vs emailing its more about YOU wanting to show off to everyone how badass you are....unless ur design is to make sure everyone else sees it. If thats ur goal then yeah tweet away.
My response was based on your original checklist...which said you wanted to tweet ur feelings to James and Folden.

Everyone is goin about their own way of helping get rid of Golden ....we all want them gone.

I really think you all think there are WAY more Slurpers than there actually are.

No Slurping here...just keep rollin. Im just saying that by tweeting vs emailing its more about YOU wanting to show off to everyone how badass you are....unless ur design is to make sure everyone else sees it. If thats ur goal then yeah tweet away.
My response was based on your original checklist...which said you wanted to tweet ur feelings to James and Folden.

Everyone is goin about their own way of helping get rid of Golden ....we all want them gone.

I really think you all think there are WAY more Slurpers than there actually are.

Actually people are just trying to show how they feel. That is it.

A slurper is more than a Golden Girl, it is anyone who tries to fight those who want to make change.

I wonder if the name Freddy Fanhood was chosen because there's some clown named Freddy Bear or whatever downvoting any post with common sense in the Recruiting Board subforum. Probably just alliteration, but +1 for the coincidence.

Advertisement
Yeah and I said roll on with whatever you wanna do...nobody fightin it. Like I said in my original post...the only thing i ever saw challenged were tweets and what other effects they might have beyond what u intended.

Comical misrepresentation. But very predictable from the SAMs. For every post or thread ripping the idea of taking steps to "harm" the program, there are at least a dozen examples in the other direction, of posters ridiculing anyone who does not participate. They desperately clutch laughable devices like negative reputation.

It is very recognizable and predictable. That type can't stand counter opinion. They have no ability to argue. It's comforting to hang out at a place where virtually everyone is of the same mindset. Then when a small sampling offers a different perspective they scramble to find a tire inflator and pump it exponentially beyond it's true level. It's like sensing demons who aren't there.

In my case I don't care what the SAMs do. I rather enjoy it when I am threatened with negative reputation, or when conventional wisdom posters are so threatened by my opinions that they spotlight them in sigs. I've never condemned any of those things from the OP. Just maintain a fraction of one percent perspective on the real world. When somebody posts here that the basketball games are a haven for anti-Golden chants and attitude, that's Rod Serling territory. Pig farmers think the world revolves around pig farming. I have friends in Las Vegas who can't comprehend people who don't gamble every day. Somebody took your sign. Well that's absolutely wonderful. Ten seconds later that guy had already moved onto another topic, perhaps a relevant one, while you're still stuck in a revolving door whining about your sign and seeking group approval.

Comical misrepresentation. But very predictable from the SAMs. For every post or thread ripping the idea of taking steps to "harm" the program, there are at least a dozen examples in the other direction, of posters ridiculing anyone who does not participate. They desperately clutch laughable devices like negative reputation.

It is very recognizable and predictable. That type can't stand counter opinion. They have no ability to argue. It's comforting to hang out at a place where virtually everyone is of the same mindset. Then when a small sampling offers a different perspective they scramble to find a tire inflator and pump it exponentially beyond it's true level. It's like sensing demons who aren't there.

In my case I don't care what the SAMs do. I rather enjoy it when I am threatened with negative reputation, or when conventional wisdom posters are so threatened by my opinions that they spotlight them in sigs. I've never condemned any of those things from the OP. Just maintain a fraction of one percent perspective on the real world. When somebody posts here that the basketball games are a haven for anti-Golden chants and attitude, that's Rod Serling territory. Pig farmers think the world revolves around pig farming. I have friends in Las Vegas who can't comprehend people who don't gamble every day. Somebody took your sign. Well that's absolutely wonderful. Ten seconds later that guy had already moved onto another topic, perhaps a relevant one, while you're still stuck in a revolving door whining about your sign and seeking group approval.

Interesting perspective. So lets say everyone allows UM to "run out the clock" quicker by moving on...When does indifference turn to apathy?

Of course, the "narrative" from UM will then be that the fans not caring is what destroyed the football program.

The only accountability the Athletic Department has for their performance is the fans at this juncture.

Advertisement
Like every Awsi Booger post, you can guarantee 3 things:

1. It'll be longer than his nose hair
2. He'll remind you he once worked in Las Vegas
3. It'll make no ******* sense

ADAP

LMFAO

Shut the fvck up Gary.

Advertisement
Back