Question for the board

datdude81

Junior
What is this teams identity

Do you really for see change or are we riding out this year hoping for a new regime

Advertisement
image team.jpg

NO identity at all. Thats why I wanted Leach. I remember asking this question after year one and it's still the same.

Golden doesn't bring anything good to the table.

Advertisement
I didn't say this in the thread about who the team leader are but wanted to.

Our identity is al golden. We've seen a few times during golden's tenure where individual kids try to step up and become leaders on the field (primarily defensively) and are either benched, chastised or both. Our defensive scheme prohibits individual excellence. For that reason its harder for a leader to lead on the field. Because of this, we have a team with no identity.

Advertisement
above-average offense and horrible defense; think Atlanta Falcons.

Not sure if Yearby/Choc/Walton can have the same effect as Duke but we'll see.

Unfortunately our identity is a reflection of the coach... Not prepared, can't face adversity, starts well finishes weak, excuse driven, fat & slow, soft... I can talk for days U get the picture, the coach reflects the identity of the team, u know Golden you'll know what team we are gunna be.

Advertisement

Our identity is al golden. We've seen a few times during golden's tenure where individual kids try to step up and become leaders on the field (primarily defensively) and are either benched, chastised or both. Our defensive scheme prohibits individual excellence. For that reason its harder for a leader to lead on the field. Because of this, we have a team with no identity.

What examples are you thinking of? You mean like L. Robinson trying to go upstream?

What examples are you thinking of? You mean like L. Robinson trying to go upstream?

That's the one that sticks out to me, I remember that was the comeback game against BC in 2012. I'm sure there were others.

Advertisement
I'm looking at 4-8. I think it crashes and burns this year. I foresee no substantial changes in the way Al does things, if he is here through the yeaar, so I expect a continued slide W/L wise. This season has the potential to get really ugly.

I'm looking at 4-8. I think it crashes and burns this year. I foresee no substantial changes in the way Al does things, if he is here through the yeaar, so I expect a continued slide W/L wise. This season has the potential to get really ugly.

Agreed. Expecting anything different with this team in year 5 of Golden and NoD is not a smart bet. 4-8 or 5-7 sounds right with things turning ugly early in the season.

There's a good chance we are 2-4 heading into the Clemson game with our only victories being Bethune Cookman and FAU. No Life Stadium will look even more like a cemetery.

If the past 4 years have taught us anything, it's that the scenario above is very plausible.

Soft and respectful. Clean and PR ready. With regards to football I have no idea. I know Al wants bigger, stronger players that will win upfront even though we don't have coaches that can put that to use.

Advertisement
Back