Question for the board... 20 enough?

Advertisement
Let's not start with the Wisconsin is slow crap again, we know how that turned out a few years ago in Orlando.
I'm interested to see the teams mentality frankly, they were so bad vs Pitt and overmatched vs Clemson that I'm not sure if they've lost their confidence or not.

Wisconsins defense is tad bit overrated. If you look at the teams they played only 2 teams they played has an offense ranked in the top 50 (Ohio State and FAU). They then played against 5 teams ranked between 50-100 (Utah State, Nebraska, Indiana, NW, and Purdue). 6 of the teams they played have an offense ranked in 100+ (BYU, Maryland, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota).

In comparison, Miami is ranked 58th and would be the 3rd best offense they have faced all season outside of FAU and Ohio State.

Wisconsin first of all hasn't seen this fast of Defense except for OSU. I imagine a deer in headlights scenario at first. Rosier if said before can be healthy and complete 60 pct we roll. If he's the latter season version we still win by 10. Our special teams are due to be big factors to give us a cushion. There run heavy with the occasional pass which I strongly believes favor us to provide time for the O to get there stuff together.

I think the, "they haven't seen a defense as fast as ours" stuff is played out. That was a thing in the 80's and 90s when Miami was next-level and going up against an Oklahoma or Nebraska who was having crazy success with the option or wishbone. Plus, the Big Ten is no longer that, three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust conference it once was. All these programs have some speed now—albeit in this case, not comparable to Miami.

A lot of talk about team speed before facing Ohio State in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl—and then Miami was whipped in the trenches all night. Wisconsin hasn't seen a defense as fast as Miami's—but the Canes haven't seen too many lines like the Badgers. UM's o-line could be in for a long night; especially if Homer can't effectively run.

Long and short; Richt and Chryst both have a month to tailor their game plans for the other. Both are sharp guys and will have their guys ready. Just a matter of execution.
Whipped in the trenches all night? you must have been blind. Clarret only had about 47yards rushing the whole game, while Mcgahee had about 67 up until he got injured at the beginning of the fourth qtr. Krenzel had 122 total yds passing while Dorsey had 297 yds passing I believe. And you call that getting whipped? It was a battle but Miami had the better numbers. The difference of that game was the 3 fumbles Miami had to 0 for Ohio taint. Krenze had more rushing yards than clarett. If Roscoe Parrish dumb@ss would have gone down rather then dance around trying to get more yards then their wouldn’t have been a fumble and The U would’ve won in regulation. We just lost the turnover battle 5 for OSU and 2 INT’s for MIA.

Advertisement
I fully expect for us to smack Wisconsin. No lie. I feel the same way about this game as I did ND. Wisconsin is slow af.

I watched the OSU-Wisconsin game. Their DBs were slooow! Sure it's important for Rosier to simply distribute the ball effectively to the available playmakers (and not turn the ball over) but if we can simply find anyone on our roster that can throw a semi-accurate deep ball all we have to do is dial up streak play after streak play to Jeff Thomas and others as those little Sconsin DBs were trailing OSUs WR by a wide margin in foot races down the sideline (like they were out of the frame how far behind the OSU guy they were). Is there anyone on our roster that can throw deep balls somewhat accurately?

Agree with your post, I have heard given time rosier throws a decent deep ball. I have not seen him throw many though

Wisconsin arguably has the 2nd best Defense we will have faced all year. But I'm giving Miami 7 points just for being at home and in front of a rockin crowd. I think Rosier at home will play better than the last 2 games. That's another 3. And I think our D comes up stout and get's a defense score and plays tough. That's another 7. Say special teams gives us another 3. That's a total of: 20 points. I can't see Miami scoring more than 20 on Wisconsin after scoring only 17 in their last two games. Are 20 points enough to win?

Miami has to score at least 24 points to defeat mighty Wisconsin! No ifs, buts or hUh.

Let's not start with the Wisconsin is slow crap again, we know how that turned out a few years ago in Orlando.
I'm interested to see the teams mentality frankly, they were so bad vs Pitt and overmatched vs Clemson that I'm not sure if they've lost their confidence or not.

Miami's MENTAL STATE of EGO will determine the outcome and all that. And yes, I absolutely believe Miami has LOST that psychological edge and what not! So, hopefully four weeks of R & R will erase the ego doldrums and so forth. hUh.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back