Question for tailgating experts.

ABizzle

Recruit
Question....
Some buddies of mine are too cheap to get tickets and were thinking of tailgating and watching the game in the parking lot... Since the game is on ESPN I would assume a regular antenna isn't an option... Any ideas of how they can do it without having to subscribe to DirecTV or Dish Network?
Would this game be on ESPN3?

Any insight would be appreciated...

Advertisement
If you have a tablet that gets you non-wifi service, you can hook to your TV though S-Vid or HDMI ports and stream the game on the Watch ESPN app.

Same thing with a laptop if you have wifi card or mobile hotspot.

it's on ESPN3/watchESPN app....you can watch from phone or computer..buy an HDMI adapter & then you can watch it from the TV

There was free AT&T wifi at the stadium last week, but I am not sure how reliable it was/is.

Watch ESPN app, slingbox, espn3 have been used with success at games in the past.

If you have a tablet that gets you non-wifi service, you can hook to your TV though S-Vid or HDMI ports and stream the game on the Watch ESPN app.

Same thing with a laptop if you have wifi card or mobile hotspot.

only works if one of you has a cable or sat provider that gives you access to the espn app. Directv which is mine does not

Advertisement
This happened to me before, very easy fix.

Have everyone chip in for helium balloons from the Wal-Mart across the street. They're only $1 each. Get about 1,000 per person. Tie them to your belt loops and hover above the stadium.

This happened to me before, very easy fix.

Have everyone chip in for helium balloons from the Wal-Mart across the street. They're only $1 each. Get about 1,000 per person. Tie them to your belt loops and hover above the stadium.

shhhh. people will slip in blow darts and were screwed.

I don't know how reliable this info is, as I was told this by one of my drunk friends while tailgating last week. He said he heard they were going to put some projection screens outside the stadium showing the game for those that couldn't get in. Take it with a grain of salt as I haven't heard anything about this since. Might be a question for the UM ticket office.

Advertisement
I don't know how reliable this info is, as I was told this by one of my drunk friends while tailgating last week. He said he heard they were going to put some projection screens outside the stadium showing the game for those that couldn't get in. Take it with a grain of salt as I haven't heard anything about this since. Might be a question for the UM ticket office.

Fans maybe doing this but no way can I see UM or son life doing it.

It's easy being a cooler of beer find others who aren't going into game that have it set up and just crash their tv area

yes its $100 a peek...and on a 2hr delay...its UM and Sunlife

ABizzle, there will be many many tailgaters with their wide screen tvs setup outside the stadium. You could come bearing a gift of beer and watch it with other Canes fans. I saw 4 satellite setups on my way in and out of the game last week.
Thank you Gentlemen. Much Appreciated.

reason why that is so stupid

1. the amount of money you will spend on the data plan will most likely = to if you buy cheap tickets
2. since TV is on delay, you will hear the crows reaction before you see what happened. it will be a horrible experience if you are actually paying attention to the game
3. I can not believe our fan base. lol.. we can't fill stadiums but we will fill the parking lot!!
4. sell yourself around the corner before the game take that money and buy tickets

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back