Off-Topic Question for my South Carolina Cane Folk

Advertisement
I dont specifically know your area, but you are near Charleston and Savannah, two great places to visit. You are also not too far from the NC mountains, also a great place to visit.

Finishing off my Air Force career in Shaw AFB in Sumter, SC. Any of u there, near there, been there or in the state that have hidden gems, places to go or any of that good info to help your boy out?
Congratulations to you and family.

AFSC?

Charleston is nice. You can head North and South and explore Carolinas/Georgia.

Say hi to everyone at 9AF.

Advertisement
Congratulations to you and family.

AFSC?

Charleston is nice. You can head North and South and explore Carolinas/Georgia.

Say hi to everyone at 9AF.
Appreciate it. Im 2T3 both vehicle mechanic and fleet manager. Im heading there as a First Sgt though. I got tired of LRS, Trans, and the vehicle world. Wanted to finish off on my own terms.

All of the above.
You got a boat? For camping I like Devils Fork State Park up on lake Jocassee. If you don't have a boat, there are places you can rent a pontoon or a ski boat. Really nice lake, lots of waterfalls to check out, great fishing or swimming. Also, Calhoun Falls state park on lake Russell. No boat rentals there but it's a sweet lake with no development on the shoreline except for two state parks, one in Georgia and one in SC.
For places, there's Charleston, Hilton Head, or Myrtle beach. I live in Charleston.. or just outside of it in Goose Creek. Between HH and Myrtle beach, I'd rather go to HH and stay in Sea Pines. Beaufort and Greenville are both pretty sweet.
Columbia has some spots but I don't know it very well, maybe somebody else will chime in.

Advertisement
Finishing off my Air Force career in Shaw AFB in Sumter, SC. Any of u there, near there, been there or in the state that have hidden gems, places to go or any of that good info to help your boy out?
You have Charleston, there are apparently a bunch of us down here, which has a bit of everything and is absolutely beautiful. It is even better now because tourist season is basically over.

I live in Sumter. Been in the area my whole life but just bought my first house here. There’s a lot of good places to eat I recommend the Hamptons in downtown also Willies Sues. Lots of parks and recreation if you like wildlife you may enjoy Swan Lake. Plenty of bars and not far from the state capitol of Columbia where’s there’s plenty to do

Advertisement
Bump. UPDATE: Been here since February. Ended up renting a house in lower Columbia about 35 minutes from Shaw. Any places or spots where any Canes fans might show up at?

Advertisement
Back