Question about Parking Passes

sszoeboy

Freshman
I'm a first time season ticket holder this year and was planning on tailgating as well. I thought I had ample time to purchase my parking passes. It seems like I might have missed the boat on that. The only tickets remaining are in the yellow section which seems to be a bit of a distance away. My tailgating buddy told me that I can always purchase parking passes on the day of the game.....I was wondering if anyone can confirm that? Second question, Is the yellow section a decent spot to tailgate or is the main parking area the best? Thanks in advance

Advertisement
Yellow is cash lot day of game. Don't think you can buy the others, unless they're scalped. Crazy the school has completely sold out the surrounding lots in what, a week? Only option for good lots now, it seems would be the secondary market.

With the reduction of parking spaces due to the construction of the tennis facility they have announced that everything but yellow is sold out. In the past Orange was always available but that is no longer the case.

From what UM told me, there will be a select number of parking passes on sale for each individual game so you may still have a chance. For the FSU game I would call now to see what your options are. In past years, yellow has been a cash lot.

800-GOCANES

Advertisement
I did not realize that the parking passes would be THIS difficult to get, so I am glad that I called the Ticket Office before my appointment time came up.

Look, I bought into the JRS/Hard Rock party line of "hey, with reduced capacity, we don't need all the parking spots, therefore, we can build an obnoxious tennis facility in the parking lot".

But here's the reality - most of the reduction in seating capacity was in the upper deck corners, and many of those people were not season ticket holders. Plus, as I posted on another thread, UM is getting close to selling out on season tickets, as well as the whole stadium (with the exception of away-team tickets) for the ENTIRE season.

So what this means is that all of us with season tix (and there are, literally, more of us now) are getting pushed into fewer spots. At some point, they need to consider converting some of the Yellow to Orange, so that they can increase the guaranteed revenue.

Bottom line, all of the non-yellow colors (Orange, Green, Blue, etc.) are going to be good for tailgating, with the Green area opening an hour before everything else.

If you don't want to take a chance with Yellow on gameday, buy a parking pass on StubHub. Just do it for the good games.

I'm a first time season ticket holder this year and was planning on tailgating as well. I thought I had ample time to purchase my parking passes. It seems like I might have missed the boat on that. The only tickets remaining are in the yellow section which seems to be a bit of a distance away. My tailgating buddy told me that I can always purchase parking passes on the day of the game.....I was wondering if anyone can confirm that? Second question, Is the yellow section a decent spot to tailgate or is the main parking area the best? Thanks in advance

I did this my first year and it was a mistake!!! buy the passes you can now its soo much cheaper. FSU cash lot alone will be 50 bucks. the other games will be around 25-40 depending on who it is we play.

Advertisement
You could scalp or StubHub parking passes day of game. If it's sold out now why would it be available day of game? It's yellow, scalp, or ticket site.

I did not realize that the parking passes would be THIS difficult to get, so I am glad that I called the Ticket Office before my appointment time came up.

Look, I bought into the JRS/Hard Rock party line of "hey, with reduced capacity, we don't need all the parking spots, therefore, we can build an obnoxious tennis facility in the parking lot".

But here's the reality - most of the reduction in seating capacity was in the upper deck corners, and many of those people were not season ticket holders. Plus, as I posted on another thread, UM is getting close to selling out on season tickets, as well as the whole stadium (with the exception of away-team tickets) for the ENTIRE season.

So what this means is that all of us with season tix (and there are, literally, more of us now) are getting pushed into fewer spots. At some point, they need to consider converting some of the Yellow to Orange, so that they can increase the guaranteed revenue.

Bottom line, all of the non-yellow colors (Orange, Green, Blue, etc.) are going to be good for tailgating, with the Green area opening an hour before everything else.

If you don't want to take a chance with Yellow on gameday, buy a parking pass on StubHub. Just do it for the good games.

And now if Ross builds the training facility on the west side, it will be even worse.

I've had Orange lot parking passes since they moved to Hard Rock. For me it was the best bang for the buck. Not too far from the stadium and not too expensive. With the tennis complex now eliminating a huge percentage of what used to be the Orange lot. It looks like lots of people will jsut have to start parking in the yellow lots. It's not a huge difference, just a further walk.

Advertisement
And now if Ross builds the training facility on the west side, it will be even worse.

True.

I have never understood my more of these stadiums don't build SOME garages. Not to make it "all garages", but some garage-based parking capacity. Not everyone tailgates, and many people (these days) are fine with getting in and out of the games quickly. When we go up to Tallahassee, you still see plenty of tailgating even in the parking garages (mostly rooftop, but still).

Convert the yellow lot by the Turnpike into a garage, give it easy ingress/egress to the Turnpike, and then charge a bit more for the surface-parking tailgate lots. Easy.

I've had Orange lot parking passes since they moved to Hard Rock. For me it was the best bang for the buck. Not too far from the stadium and not too expensive. With the tennis complex now eliminating a huge percentage of what used to be the Orange lot. It looks like lots of people will jsut have to start parking in the yellow lots. It's not a huge difference, just a further walk.

It's hard for me to believe that Orange could be sold out......in years past, for most games those lots have had so many spots open.

True.

I have never understood my more of these stadiums don't build SOME garages. Not to make it "all garages", but some garage-based parking capacity. Not everyone tailgates, and many people (these days) are fine with getting in and out of the games quickly. When we go up to Tallahassee, you still see plenty of tailgating even in the parking garages (mostly rooftop, but still).

Convert the yellow lot by the Turnpike into a garage, give it easy ingress/egress to the Turnpike, and then charge a bit more for the surface-parking tailgate lots. Easy.
That's a great idea. I don't tailgate, usually come less than an hour before kickoff and would love to zoom out on the turnpike asap. I drive almost an hour and a half, plus I work Sundays. I have the black parking with my suite but if they go much higher in price, I don't know how long I can afford it.
My friend has been in there going on his sixth season and the prices have increased a few times.

Advertisement
It's hard for me to believe that Orange could be sold out......in years past, for most games those lots have had so many spots open.

Less Orange. More season ticket holders. It's not such a crazy development, on top of the fact that they delayed the purchase of parking for months and got everyone worried. It wouldn't be surprising to find out that many fans "over-purchased" parking and might put an extra pass up for sale on StubHub closer to game time.

That's a great idea. I don't tailgate, usually come less than an hour before kickoff and would love to zoom out on the turnpike asap. I drive almost an hour and a half, plus I work Sundays. I have the black parking with my suite but if they go much higher in price, I don't know how long I can afford it.
My friend has been in there going on his sixth season and the prices have increased a few times.

You raise a good point, in that a lot of the stadium renovation focused on the "premium" seating areas. Many of those fans now get a lot of in-stadium amenities which can decrease the desire to tailgate for 4 hours in the parking lot. Not all fans, but many. I will continue to tailgate, but maybe not with the huge setups of past years (I used to bring my DirecTV dish, etc.).

For some games, my brother likes to bring his RV (from Orlando), so that forces us into a different lot anyhow. I'm still glad that I purchased a parking pass in time for this year. They do need to carve out some of the Yellow lots, though, and make them Orange.

Less Orange. More season ticket holders. It's not such a crazy development, on top of the fact that they delayed the purchase of parking for months and got everyone worried. It wouldn't be surprising to find out that many fans "over-purchased" parking and might put an extra pass up for sale on StubHub closer to game time.

They limited parking passes to one per every two season tickets on the account.

Advertisement
Back