Question about Heaps

Canesbball

Bran
Honestly, what makes anyone think he'll handle the atmosphere at Louisville better than Kaaya will? Are you just saying that based on him being a senior? Because last I saw he couldn't do anything worthwhile at BYU or Kansas and now we're expecting him to win us 9 or 10 games with the defense we have? Kaaya is obviously the better QB in practice and I'm sure the scrimmage will only prove that more. Sitting him if he's actually earned the job will do more harm than good. Louisville is bringing in a new starter too, is he not going to be able to handle it? Will Gardner has only gotten reps vs FIU and Ohio in garbage time lets not act like that's anything more than a glorified scrimmage to begin with.

Aside from being a senior give a legit reason as to why Heaps would start.

Advertisement
He's more in tune with the speed of the game, familiar with more defensive concepts I'd think, supposedly more of an on field general than the other QBs.

If all things on the field are equal, they both can run the offense, etc.. I don't see a problem with RSing Kaaya unless Heaps ***** the bed vs Louisville.

Recent history has shown what a RS can do for a freshman QB.

BYU and UTAH play big time college football they are also pretty good at it. I like Kayaa but may the best man win.

Advertisement
he looks pretty good here.
[video=youtube;Aq2kUMFZKeQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq2kUMFZKeQ[/video]

What a dumb thread..."why would you trust the guy with extensive in-game experience more than the true freshman in a hostile environment?"

Also, why do you say kaaya is "obviously" the better QB in practice? Do you watch all their snaps? What makes you qualified to draw that conclusion?

You guys need to chill with the kaaya bull****. You'll be ****ed if heaps is named the starter, and for no real reason.

Guys who are saying because he has experience, does it matter what type of experience at all? Or is it because none of you have seen his experience?

If it was a chance to bring back Stephen Morris for one more year, would you take it? He has experience too, ACC experience to boot?

Advertisement
Guys who are saying because he has experience, does it matter what type of experience at all? Or is it because none of you have seen his experience?
If it was a chance to bring back Stephen Morris for one more year, would you take it? He has experience too, ACC experience to boot?

Experience, with an inability to quickly go through his progressions, stay poised in the pocket, and read defenses well?

No.

Last edited:
OP,
Take your Kaaya glasses off. Heaps has started 30 plus games and played against BCS competition. Traveling to Loserville and playing a true Frosh on the road, Monday night, is not a smart idea. Give me the vet for this game...

Let's give young Kaaya some time. By all accounts, his day will come and he will excel...

Advertisement
Heaps broke freshman records at BYU wasn't horrendous with his td/int ratio at Kansas and Golden has stated that while Kaaya is an extremely capable QB, none of the QBs other than Heaps has taken command of an offense. You can know your reads and check downs and the playbook but if you don't know what to do as far as read and reacting to college pressure, understanding when to audible at the line for an incoming blitz and react to pressure in college you're not ready. Period. 5 spring practices doesn't catapult you into a ready position either.

If Kaaya is good from the neck up, he'll do fine because he has tremendous talent and confidence.
I think sometimes we over value game experience. We forget its possible for
some high school athletes to come into college and the moment not be to big for them.
Kaaya won't be mistake free, but he has the confidence and talent to lead this team.

It seems when it comes to our team, most don't believe a freshmen can't be an instant star, but
teams all over the country are plugging them in with great success. Why not the us?
Kaaya will be great at QB because he'll have Duke Johnson behind him. The kid clearly believes
he can lead our team, why not trust he can?

There is no substitute for experience. You are not born with it, you cannot acquire it in on fell swoop. It only comes with time.

Advertisement
I am so happy we are having this argument. We actually have a young kid, fresh out of high school who was even an EE giving a 5th year guy with tons of D1 starts all he can handle. I think Al will be Al and Heaps starts. Given it is away and national game, maybe all that experience out weighs what is obvious about Kaaya--dude is taking us to the Promised Land. At this point I am fine with either. I just want Al to not be stubborn about it. If Heaps starts and is not effective, pull him and give the kid who carried his team to CA state championship a shot at putting our return to greatness in trubo mode. I don't think Kaaya needs a redshirt, but I am not sure he is ready now. However, if our DTs pan out and Heaps and or Williams can get us rolling, I sure as **** would like to see him on the field for PT in case we need him late in season. I want options this year not collapse.

All we need is a general that knows how to lead the team. Move the chains, let your horses do the work, and don't **** and turn the ball over. Yeah Heaps will start at loserville.

We are acting like there is a clear cut right and wrong answer here. Maybe both guys will be really, really good this year. It's week 1 of practice anyways, let's see at least a scrimmage before we start declaring who the better option is. These things have a way of working themselves out.

Advertisement
Back