Quarterback Offer Breakdown: Tee Webb

View as article

Roman Marciante

Sophomore
Premium
Tee Webb is a 6'4" 185 dual sport athlete who leads the offense for Cartersville High School in Cartersville, Georgia. As a Junior, Webb netted 35 passing touchdowns vs. 10 interceptions while amassing over 2700 yards passing. Listed as a pro style quarterback, Webb also shows the ability to factor in the run game albeit he only had 49 carries which netted four rushing touchdowns. How will the signal caller measure up? Let's pull out our driver and tee it up to find out.

Footwork/Rhythm. Quick feet and adjustment premise noted. Faster twitch noted within the pocket and does not limit his receiver with deliberate feet. Not flawless with footwork and will need to improve at the next level. Webb has the capability to throw on time and shows in rhythm prowess but also shows a propensity to be a tad late on balls.

Accuracy. .586 completion % his junior year and shows some really good ball placement at times. Deep field throws were in ideal catch radius and led his receivers. Arm Strength. Would classify him with above average to good arm strength. Has good trajectory on throws and can put it on a receiver when he needs to. With a college strength and condition program I see the ability to improve here. Arm Mechanics. Varied. His baseball background is on full display and Webb is very comfortable throwing from many different angles instinctively. Would not classify him as a repeatable deliverer of the football. Noted over the top, 3/4 and side arm delivery angles on film.

Mobility. He has the ability to factor in the run game and is Zone read capable. He can tuck the ball and run for a first with no issues. Has an ideal frame to factor in QB power concepts if necessary. Has great feel in the pocket and knows how to naturally find throwing lanes. He also is very comfortable and formidable throwing on the run.

Clips.

https://twitter.com/romancane/status/1100589012518137858

Roman Rank.
Watching Webb I immediately knew this kid plays baseball. In this case I think it is both a blessing and a curse. The blessing is his natural ability to throw from seemingly any angle he wants to on the field. The Curse? He seems to be in flux sometimes on what mechanics to settle in on when he is in rhythm and has time. That is the part where I would say Webb needs to dial in a more repeatable delivery system. He's just a little too variable at the moment.

The good thing is, offensive coordinator Dan Enos is pretty good on teaching that sort of thing and the blessing is bigger than the curse. I really like Webb's ability to navigate the pocket and to create plays outside the pocket when necessary. I also like his ability to just adapt really quickly and get it out very quickly when he needs to. I see a big upside here if he continues to hone his craft.

I do get a Peyton Matocha feel here. A kid who is far from a flawless entity at the quarterback position but both have very promising upsides. Both can make plays when things go wrong and they have certain traits you just cant teach. Quarterbacks will have to learn to innately adapt, or not, when things go wrong. A Defense's job is to not let you stay in rhythm with your offense. In this area I think Webb can get outside the pocket, step up, have an awkward base, and literally throw a 3 quarter strike down field for a touchdown. That is exactly what he did on the first clip of his film. That was definitely more of a blessing. Roman Rank 3.5 stars

Advertisement
Tee Webb is a 6'4" 185 dual sport athlete who leads the offense for Cartersville High School in Cartersville, Georgia. As a Junior, Webb netted 35 passing touchdowns vs. 10 interceptions while amassing over 2700 yards passing. Listed as a pro style quarterback, Webb also shows the ability to factor in the run game albeit he only had 49 carries which netted four rushing touchdowns. How will the signal caller measure Let's pull out our driver and tee it up to find out.

Footwork/Rhythm. Quick feet and adjustment premise noted. Faster twitch noted within the pocket and does not limit his receiver with deliberate feet. Not flawless with footwork and will need to improve at the next level. Webb has the capability to throw on time and shows in rhythm prowess but also shows a propensity to be a tad late on balls.

Accuracy. .586 completion % his junior year and shows some really good ball placement at times. Deep field throws were in ideal catch radius and led his receivers. Arm Strength. Would classify him with above average to good arm strength. Has good trajectory on throws and can put it on a receiver when he needs to. With a college strength and condition program I see the ability to improve here. Arm Mechanics. Varied. His baseball background is on full display and Webb is very comfortable throwing from many different angles instinctively. Would not classify him as a repeatable deliverer of the football. Noted over the top, 3/4 and side arm delivery angles on film.

Mobility. He has the ability to factor in the run game and is Zone read capable. He can tuck the ball and run for a first with no issues. Has an ideal frame to factor in QB power concepts if necessary. Has great feel in the pocket and knows how to naturally find throwing lanes. He also is very comfortable and formidable throwing on the run.

Clips.

https://twitter.com/romancane/status/1100589012518137858

Roman Rank.
Watching Webb I immediately knew this kid plays baseball. In this case I think it is both a blessing and a curse. The blessing is his natural ability to throw from seemingly any angle he wants to on the field. The Curse? He seems to be in flux sometimes on what mechanics to settle in on when he is in rhythm and has time. That is the part where I would say Webb needs to dial in a more repeatable delivery system. He's just a little too variable at the moment.

The good thing is, offensive coordinator Dan Enos is pretty good on teaching that sort of thing and the blessing is bigger than the curse. I really like Webb's ability to navigate the pocket and to create plays outside the pocket when necessary. I also like his ability to just adapt really quickly and get it out very quickly when he needs to. I see a big upside here if he continues to hone his craft.

I do get a Peyton Matocha feel here. A kid who is far from a flawless entity at the quarterback position but both have very promising upsides. Both can make plays when things go wrong and they have certain traits you just cant teach. Quarterbacks will have to learn to innately adapt, or not, when things go wrong. A Defense's job is to not let you stay in rhythm with your offense. In this area I think Webb can get outside the pocket, step up, have an awkward base, and literally throw a 3 quarter strike down field for a touchdown. That is exactly what he did on the first clip of his film. That was definitely more of a blessing. Roman Rank 3.5 stars

Excellent review Roman! Thanks for your input! Kid is definitely worth considering.

"I do get a Peyton Matocha feel here"
Does he have a sister like this also
rs=w:182,m,cg:true
?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Brandon Allen was a 3 star. Having his production would be incredible.

If your interested in comparing our recruits to Allen's high school film.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back