Quarterback Day! Media availablility Tuesday 4/6

Advertisement
I’ve seen Zach McCloud play football for 4 years. He’s not good at football. Miss me with this “ pleasant surprise” ****..
I saw Tervaris Johnson(name from the past) never do a **** thing in three years at Miami. He got moved to fullback and started then signed with an NFL team. After that happened I'll never believe a player can't turn it around

I saw Tervaris Johnson(name from the past) never do a **** thing in three years at Miami. He got moved to fullback and started then signed with an NFL team. After that happened I'll never believe a player can't turn it around
Lol alright I’ll give 53 3 snaps vs Bama to determine if I change my tune on him. But nah I hope he does have some success, I just don’t see it.

Advertisement
mcloud has been impressive in camp. he has exceeded what I thought he would do at his new position. I would not be surprised if he at least gets 5 sacks. you should be rooting for him. we no longer have to dwell and cringe over him playing lb except maybe in an emergency. moving from linebacker will be good for us and him. he may very well stink it up once the season starts. I have never been a mccloud fan but I like what I have seen during this Spring season so I am rooting for him to be a solid backup. this is his last chance and he has nothing to lose.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I am willing to give McCloud a chance. It is a different position after all. That said, I'm going to mope about it if he isn't exceptional. Between Harvey, Chantz, Cam Williams, Deandre Johnson, Elijah, etc., there are a lot of guys that I'd personally like to see play before McCloud. But bless him for coming back and hopefully adding maturity and leadership to the defense and the team as a whole.

Advertisement

This one would be bittersweet...
A two-loss Miami team isn't making the playoffs (and you can't get to 15 games played without making the playoffs), so the only way this is even remotely possible: (1) 12-0 regular season. (2) Lose a very close game to an undefeated Clemson in the ACCCG (12-1). We make the playoffs anyway and win our first game (13-1). But we lose in the NC (13-2).
Or: (1) 11-1 regular season (with a close loss to Bama, who goes undefeated the rest of the season). (2) Beat an undefeated Clemson handedly in the ACCCG (12-1). We make the playoffs anyway and win our first game (13-1). But we lose in the NC (13-2).

Harsh. Couldn't really be mad with either season, but **** that would hurt.

Sounds like Jake has passed TVD.

can’t say I’m mad at it

I don’t see it. You haven’t seen any of them throw one pass other than in a few seconds highlights, and you’re saying this. You’re jumping the gun. He sounds impressive, and he may end up passing him, but it hasn’t happened yet.

I'd have to rewatch, but i thought McCloud was effective in the bowl game. I don't believe he got a sack, but i seem to remember he was applying pressure. I think he had the most pressures of our DE's that game.

Advertisement
Back