Quan Lee, '22 WR (deCOMMITS)

Regardless, the question was “when did it start.” That was Rumph. He planted the seeds from the jump...and Surtain was on staff, iirc, when that happened.
Al Golden / Dorito told Carter Jacobs, Michael Deeb, T-Mac (rising junior at the time) and Isaiah Mckenzie to come to the Al Golden camp and that all would be offered a scholarship for Miami. This is when Miami led for Sony. After they came to the camp and all left without offers, needless to say Rumph was upset.

and more upset than Rumph was the players and an anti-Miami sentiment spread. Sony thought he and joystick would go to Miami together

Last edited:
Advertisement
Imo it’s a big difference. Hence why I’ve never singed up for Twitter , Facebook or any other social media in my life. It’s a super toxic environment thats negatives heavily out weigh the positives. There’s actually a good amount of data that shows it’s not good for your mental health. But nobody wants to talk about that.
Agreed. That’s why I’m on this site.

Absolute boon for my mental health.

I don’t know why “if you’re looking, we’re looking” is so hard for people to understand. No need for anyone to get butthurt, it’s just business.

Quan is a talented receiver and we took his commitment for a reason. But he has every right to go on visits and look around if he wants….and also, Miami has every right to keep recruiting other players so we don’t get left at the alter with nothing to show.

We don’t want to be left with having to take another Nigel Bethel last minute….which is a good thing. How many times have people complained about us not having a plan B?

Advertisement
I don’t know why “if you’re looking, we’re looking” is so hard for people to understand. No need for anyone to get butthurt, it’s just business.

Quan is a talented receiver and we took his commitment for a reason. But he has every right to go on visits and look around if he wants….and also, Miami has every right to keep recruiting other players so we don’t get left at the alter with nothing to show.

We don’t want to be left with having to take another Nigel Bethel last minute….which is a good thing. How many times have people complained about us not having a plan B?

This. Earl's fake outrage is misplaced. Schools have been doing this for the longest.

I can’t believe a 17 year old would accept a free trip after he has already committed to a UM. Dude coulda used that time to train to make himself a 5 ⭐️ so that the team recruiting ranking can go up. Manny needs to be full savage and just drop any kid that even reads mail from another school. Gah these kids don’t understand how easy this decision is.

Never get stuck with another Nigel bethel. That is what the portal is for

Advertisement
So this feels like this situation has cooled down a bit... what's the latest? Is he still taking visits or did he get the message? I'm good either way if he ends up with us or without.

So this feels like this situation has cooled down a bit... what's the latest? Is he still taking visits or did he get the message? I'm good either way if he ends up with us or without.
According to CaneSport (I know, it's CaneSport):
"Committed to Miami since late May, Lee took a weekend visit to UCF but the chatter is the Gainesville (Fla.) Buchholz three-star receiver is not thinking at all about flipping his pledge. That is especially important because new coach Gus Malzahn and his staff have been getting some big-time prospects to visit and Lee is one of them but for now he’s completely solid with his Miami decision."
https://miami.rivals.com/news/recruiting-rumor-mill-sooners-make-impression-with-champu-bbq-event

According to CaneSport (I know, it's CaneSport):
"Committed to Miami since late May, Lee took a weekend visit to UCF but the chatter is the Gainesville (Fla.) Buchholz three-star receiver is not thinking at all about flipping his pledge. That is especially important because new coach Gus Malzahn and his staff have been getting some big-time prospects to visit and Lee is one of them but for now he’s completely solid with his Miami decision."
https://miami.rivals.com/news/recruiting-rumor-mill-sooners-make-impression-with-champu-bbq-event
Cool, hope it blows over

He just put his pictures from a UF visit up…. Must have been there today. Not a word about him on the UF 247 site

Advertisement
Advertisement
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Advertisement
Back