Quan Lee, '22 WR (deCOMMITS)

Advertisement
Nobody's going to agree with this but why is it cool for the college sophomore to do this to the HS kid? I like X but you met him, you know you can DM him or get his number and then you do this but the HS kid gets criticism? Makes sense
I love how porsters think he needs to go because its too much drama. It’s the summer. Let the kids have their fun.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm playing, I'm playing..... But I swear to whatever God y'all believe in, if that kid is a gaytor or noles fan, I'm definitely not giving a Fvck!

We’re still in June, the recruiting board may look completely different in January. I’m pretty sure we’re going to have a top 10-15 type class anyway, may be better. So I don’t sweat any of it.

Earl Sr. isn't wrong though.

It's this kids life, he's gotta live with his decisions, and if he wants to visit wherever it shouldn't be a big deal. We sure as **** shouldn't be giving him crap for it. I don't have to like how kids these days handle things, but I realize they're kids and prone to impulse decisions.

Now if our stance, the stance of those that matter as in the coaches, that he shuts it down or we're looking, that's fine too. That's our coaches prerogative. They have to do what they've gotta do and it's business, just like this kid is searching for the best fit, it's business.

I think the reason fans are reacting negatively is that Lee said he was shutting everything down himself, talked a big game to FSU fans publicly as a Cane commit, then a week later wants to official to UCF. Just looks childish (which he is, of course, just as all 17/18 years olds are).

Restrepo should just have stayed out of it. This escalated when it could all have been handled privately, and Earl Little goes and pours gasoline on the fire just like Chad Wilson used to do. Just unnecessary and a bad look all around.

Advertisement
Call me crazy but if we can get better prospects Lee is an easy drop, and if we can't, it's an easy decision to keep him... And if the commit is taking visits we should absolutely be looking at other hopefully better prospects (while still trying to keep that kid committed if we really like him). This isn't complicated.

Advertisement
Don't kill me but if he makes it though NSD and makes it to campus and him & X got a little beef going on I'd like to see that competition daily on Greentree LOL
Kermit The Frog Weed GIF

I mean they'll either compete or fight each other and we'll ship him off to Timbuktu :ROFLMAO:
This kid doesn't want to beef with X. X is a dam dog..

This is just outta hand. Because a kid took a visit? Who gives a f*ck? Some of y'all absolutely sh*tting on this kid makes no sense, just let things play out. Many of us have been following recruiting for a while...this ain't that bad.

How f*cked would it be if 5 months down the road we have some WRs that we end up wanting more than Quan and decide to drop him? Obviously a hypothetical but kids have been dropped in the past because teams go in a different direction. This happens every year. He's got limited options so it makes sense to at least have a backup option.

If he played himself and misled the staff and Manny/staff decide to drop him for it then great. We move on, not a big deal.
If he's still all in and reaffirms his commitment to the team then who gives a f*ck that he took one visit to one school.

Advertisement
Earl Sr. isn't wrong though.

It's this kids life, he's gotta live with his decisions, and if he wants to visit wherever it shouldn't be a big deal. We sure as **** shouldn't be giving him crap for it. I don't have to like how kids these days handle things, but I realize they're kids and prone to impulse decisions.

Now if our stance, the stance of those that matter as in the coaches, that he shuts it down or we're looking, that's fine too. That's our coaches prerogative. They have to do what they've gotta do and it's business, just like this kid is searching for the best fit, it's business.

what he is saying might not be wrong but if it was Alabama fans doing the same thing he wouldn’t say anything.

This is just outta hand. Because a kid took a visit? Who gives a f*ck? Some of y'all absolutely sh*tting on this kid makes no sense, just let things play out. Many of us have been following recruiting for a while...this ain't that bad.

How f*cked would it be if 5 months down the road we have some WRs that we end up wanting more than Quan and decide to drop him? Obviously a hypothetical but kids have been dropped in the past because teams go in a different direction. This happens every year. He's got limited options so it makes sense to at least have a backup option.

If he played himself and misled the staff and Manny/staff decide to drop him for it then great. We move on, not a big deal.
If he's still all in and reaffirms his commitment to the team then who gives a f*ck that he took one visit to one school.

Agree NOW it is out of hand, but kid did bring it on himself. He is right, its his life, he can do what he wants. BUT you can't chirp our rivals, say you are 100% committed, say you are shutting down your recruitment, then start to pop off about your other visits. Regardless of what the staff is doing in recruiting or what they are telling kids, that is a bad look no matter how you look at it.

No one is saying he can’t take visits lol I encourage him to do so. But when your word doesn’t mean anything you become less valuable and that’s for any man. No one forced him to shut down. He chose that and backtracked. I’m just on the side of X addressing it. A cane has the right to do so

No one is saying he can’t take visits lol I encourage him to do so. But when your word doesn’t mean anything you become less valuable and that’s for any man. No one forced him to shut down. He chose that and backtracked. I’m just on the side of X addressing it. A cane has the right to do so
Completely agree. Feel like most of the fanbase is forgetting the key part of him shutting it down just a couple of days before going to ucf

Advertisement
Back