Quan Lee, '22 WR (deCOMMITS)

Advertisement
Manny let him go

So he's out? Or Manny let him go on the visit after "shutting it down"?

I have heard hes still in. The staff likes him. I have to verify this. I think the board might be jumping the gun on this.
Manny is recruiting different this year though

Wait, he's still in? Did I misunderstand your first statement? If not, how is the board jumping the gun if your statement was that Manny "let him go"?

ok, im hearing about lee went on the sneak. still will try to verify more.

So I gather you're implying the staff encouraged Quan to shut it down, which he agreed to do - thus "the sneak"?
What did you mean by the 'Manny let him go' statement? Because either way I interpret your statement there seems to be contradicting information.

Last edited:
So he's out?

Wait, he's still in? Did I misunderstand your first statement? How is the board jumping the gun if your statement was that Manny dropped him?

So I gather you're implying the staff would only hold his spot if he shut it down - which he said publically he would do. Then publically announced the UCF visit, and tweeted photos of his visit. So "on the sneak" would be taking a visit without the staff's blessing?
I meant manny let him go because I know he lets others have visits. Apparently he didn’t know he went

I meant manny let him go because I know he lets others have visits. Apparently he didn’t know he went

Just edited my post to try to express myself more clearly. But if Manny let him go, why would you categorize it as "on the sneak"?

Why are Miami fans so concerned about size at WR? The best WRs in the college game aren't big WRs. The top 3 guys drafted in 2021 had real heights of 6' and below. Our best WRs the last 25 years besides Dre have all been 5'11" to 6'1" and smaller in some cases. There is one team eating with big guys and thats Clemson and those guys are top 20-50 players. Bama and Ohio State most productive guys aren't big guys. All listed in that same 5'11" to 6'1" range. Just go find ballers.

If they like Quan alot his size being similar to Ibieta shouldn't be a hinderance. His apparent wishy washy nature should be a bigger deal than his size

The top three will be Rambo, Harley and likely Smith. Aint one dude over 6'1" and none being heavier than 185-190. I question those heights too when they have Pope listed at 6'1"

Praise The Lord Applause GIF

Hallelujah!!!

Advertisement
which really makes you wonder about Quan's head; if you're going to take a "quiet" visit, why post it all over social media? And advertise you are doing it on your social media BEFoRE you go?

Advertisement
If we are truly recruiting differently this year and not allowing commits to visit elsewhere (which I’m all for), then we need to make an example
Well, there is this too. I believe they've been upfront with kids that if you commit, shut it down. If you want to visit other places hold off on committing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
From Rivals - his coaches words:

After his Miami Hurricanes official visit two weekends ago, Gainesville (Fla.) Buchholz High School WR and Cane commitment
Quan Lee initially told CaneSport he wanted to take some other visits for fun.

But Lee said without other programs recruiting him he wasn’t sure it would happen. And a few hours later he sent out a tweet that he was shutting his recruitment down.

But then UCF came along and offered him an official visit this past weekend.
And Lee took it.
So where do things stand here?
For the answer to that we reached out to his mentor/WR coach, Xavier Amerson.
“My understanding is this is the only other visit he’s going to take,” Amerson told CaneSport. “This will be it as far as I know.”

So where does UCF fit in?

“This was a fairly new (recruitment by UCF),” Amerson said. “I wouldn’t read too deeply into it. He’s not going anywhere else but Miami.”

As for why Lee took the UCF visit, Amerson said, “Because he’s 17, had nothing else to do, and they like attention so they want to see all these different places. But in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t mean anything.”

Quan reached out to Rivals on Sunday night to tell them his commitment is intact.

From Rivals - his coaches words:

After his Miami Hurricanes official visit two weekends ago, Gainesville (Fla.) Buchholz High School WR and Cane commitment
Quan Lee initially told CaneSport he wanted to take some other visits for fun.

But Lee said without other programs recruiting him he wasn’t sure it would happen. And a few hours later he sent out a tweet that he was shutting his recruitment down.

But then UCF came along and offered him an official visit this past weekend.
And Lee took it.
So where do things stand here?
For the answer to that we reached out to his mentor/WR coach, Xavier Amerson.
“My understanding is this is the only other visit he’s going to take,” Amerson told CaneSport. “This will be it as far as I know.”

So where does UCF fit in?

“This was a fairly new (recruitment by UCF),” Amerson said. “I wouldn’t read too deeply into it. He’s not going anywhere else but Miami.”

As for why Lee took the UCF visit, Amerson said, “Because he’s 17, had nothing else to do, and they like attention so they want to see all these different places. But in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t mean anything.”

Quan reached out to Rivals on Sunday night to tell them his commitment is intact.

I've told my kids 1000 times that the most important factor in securing a happy life is good judgment. They still act like kids act (i.e, don't use good judgment).

Advertisement
Back