Quan Lee, '22 WR (deCOMMITS)

I am puzzled why, if this guy is such a hidden gem, that his offer list feels so “group of five”.......I think you must trust your staff to get the very best guys they can. But,does anyone here really think he is anywhere near top ten or top twenty talent?

And if Manny is playing the “you looking, we looking game”, why is this guy going to visit Coastal Carolina and West Va.?
Since when is Nebraska, GT and WVA g5?

Advertisement
I’m not a talent evaluator and I’m not going to pretend to have the ability to project what this kid is capable of.

I’ll say this though, this kid has an edge to him. Call it a chip on his shoulder, an attitude, call him a dog...whatever cliche you want to use. It’s pretty clear to see and I for one welcome that to a WR room with some kids that can only be described as soft (6&8 specifically).

Advertisement
I’ll say this though, this kid has an edge to him. Call it a chip on his shoulder, an attitude, call him a dog...whatever cliche you want to use. It’s pretty clear to see and I for one welcome that to a WR room with some kids that can only be described as soft (6&8 specifically).

That's what I saw. He had great speed and balance. No idea about his hands and his short burst. But he's going to maul people. He's a bully like Brashard.

This tweet says it all. Give me tough and competitive WRs. This is a position where intangibles matter:

You can’t help but think he’s throwing some shade at “certain guys we all know” in a tweet like that. He could’ve chosen anything to say about Lee...speed, production, etc. Yet he hashtags toughness.

He has a lot of film showing what a receiver should be doing. He makes it look simple and maybe that's why I'm not blown away. YAC, difficult catches, good in space, and not an easy kid to bring down who has some speed. We've been missing all of that with our current group by and large. I guess it's just that he makes it look easy, that's gotta be it.

Welcome to Miami kid.

Advertisement
He has a lot of film showing what a receiver should be doing. He makes it look simple and maybe that's why I'm not blown away. YAC, difficult catches, good in space, and not an easy kid to bring down who has some speed. We've been missing all of that with our current group by and large. I guess it's just that he makes it look easy, that's gotta be it.

Welcome to Miami kid.

I remember watching Vince Young run thinking he was slow, yet somehow everyone else on the field was slower. He was such a long strider he made it look easy.

No expert, but I've learned to focus on the key elements of good receiver. This kid doesn't blow me away like Sammy Watkins', Duke Johnson's or Jeudy's highlights. But he he's deceptively fast, slips behind his defender, wins the contested balls. and blows through tacklers. And he has that attitude. It's a good package. Miami kid. Deejay Dallas type who just makes it happen.

I’m not a talent evaluator and I’m not going to pretend to have the ability to project what this kid is capable of.

He’s got that TrumpyCane attitude

No F’s given

Advertisement
I remember watching Vince Young run thinking he was slow, yet somehow everyone else on the field was slower. He was such a long strider he made it look easy.

No expert, but I've learned to focus on the key elements of good receiver. This kid doesn't blow me away like Sammy Watkins', Duke Johnson's or Jeudy's highlights. But he he's deceptively fast, slips behind his defender, wins the contested balls. and blows through tacklers. And he has that attitude. It's a good package. Miami kid. Deejay Dallas type who just makes it happen.
That game Vince Young had against USC in the title game is the type of performance.. I want King to have against Alabama this season.. take what the defense gives you and then beat them with your feet..gotta keep Alabama off balance will be a tuff task??

Advertisement
Welcome to the U Quan!!! Folks we have a real pit bull of a WR there and he’s only going to get better. I think there’s no nonsense with his recruitment either. He’ll stick and produce, in droves, for the Orange and green. Very pleased with the announcement today!!!

Anyone know if he is a born and bred Gainesville kid or a transplant? On MaxPreps, he doesn't show up on the Buchholz Varsity or JV squad rosters 2 years ago. Gator WR Whittemore's father is the Buchholz coach and OL coach Hevesy has a kid on the team. Would be great to hear they're interested and he told them to suck it.

Advertisement
Back