Quan Lee, '22 WR (deCOMMITS)

Advertisement
I hear ya, but there are little things like "NCAA rules", and the Cookout IS an "unofficial visit".

****, I'd be happy to drive up to Hogtown to give the kid a lift. Except I'm a "booster", by definition.
I know the rules, we’ve had plenty of kids come to camps who didn’t have the money. The SEC camp circuit is basically a cash cow for 7-7 coaches.

UM could get him there. Maybe it isn’t necessary or he isn’t deemed worth the risk, but it’s a very normal thing to do.

he also said that he has heard from a few coaches that it's close between the canes and WVA. It isn't JUST Lee's social media.
Believe whatever you want. What few coaches did Ivins talk to that would all say that? If he said he spoke with one of his coaches I MIGHT buy that. If he said “ a few” he’s definitely lying.

Advertisement
Why do you think he has a car? Fam is definitely not well-off financially.

Turnpike ain't cheap.
I was thinking your car. You pick me up, grab some of those sandwiches I haven’t tried yet, swing by and he drives down to Miami.

Not exactly logistically sound, but it may work

I know the rules, we’ve had plenty of kids come to camps who didn’t have the money. The SEC camp circuit is basically a cash cow for 7-7 coaches.

UM could get him there. Maybe it isn’t necessary or he isn’t deemed worth the risk, but it’s a very normal thing to do.

Again, you are completely right about camps, and often-times the local "Pop Warner" coaching community can do some fund-raising to send a kid to a camp.

But the Cookout is just an unofficial social visit with no camp component. I'm not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE to get him there, I'm just stating the reason why he is not able to come down for the Cookout at this point.

If some of the Gainesville Canes want to put a couple hundred in his pocket to make the trip, don't let me stop you. I'm just the messenger here.

I was thinking your car. You pick me up, grab some of those sandwiches I haven’t tried yet, swing by and he drives down to Miami.

Stasio's? I only need a flimsy excuse to make that trip.

Stasio's is going to team up with Pig Floyd's and open a combo Italian/BBQ joint in September called Piggza on Mills Avenue.

Just speculation but don’t y’all think there’s a slim possibility we told him “thanks but not right now” so now he’s no longer coming.

Sometimes the most serious of questions have the simplest of answers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lee talked to Canesport a couple of days ago and the headline was he moved up his commitment date to secure a spot. Anything can happen and I actually have to believe those guys have correct information but WVU isn't gonna get a Florida kid with Lee's options to commit early just to secure his spot.

Advertisement
Lee talked to Canesport a couple of days ago and the headline was he moved up his commitment date to secure a spot. Anything can happen and I actually have to believe those guys have correct information but WVU isn't gonna get a Florida kid with Lee's options to commit early just to secure his spot.
No suspense here Lee stated he was moving up his commitment date to secure a spot because there were going to be a lot of commitments in June. It's obvious he was speaking in reference to Miami and not WV. There would be no impetus for him to move up his date to commit early to WV. Ironically, he even knows about the commitment boom in June for Miami.

I hear ya, but there are little things like "NCAA rules", and the Cookout IS an "unofficial visit".

****, I'd be happy to drive up to Hogtown to give the kid a lift. Except I'm a "booster", by definition.
We don’t NEED any more “boosters” my brother(sorry just finished watching The U 2)!!!

Advertisement
Back