Quan Lee, '22 WR (deCOMMITS)

That is surprising. I’d always take a bigger guy running a 4.4 than a smaller guy who runs a 4.7 in Bond. That being said, Bond is no slouch. He was a huge pickup. I know nothing about Lee other than his highlight tapes. Is UF his dream school, etc?
Are you saying bond runs a 4.7???

Advertisement
That is surprising. I’d always take a bigger guy running a 4.4 than a smaller guy who runs a 4.7 in Bond. That being said, Bond is no slouch. He was a huge pickup. I know nothing about Lee other than his highlight tapes. Is UF his dream school, etc?
That 4.7 from bond was before the growth spurt tho lol
Elite competitor, big-time production and verified 4.40 forty. I'm in.
Been a fan since page 1 when I saw the highlights. Based on the OVs set up, looks like the staff wants to pair him with 1, or both, of Gibson/Horton while they slow play Marcus Peterson. I'd imagine the confidence based on communication with Quan is the reason guys like Landon Ibieta and Devaughn Mortimier are not priorities.

He looks like a 1-gear buildup speed guy on his highlights but he consistently runs by people and has the 4.4 time. I think his play speed is really good even if he doesn't look dynamic. My favorite thing about him is his ball tracking as he makes it look really easy. He has a nice strong build as well.

I don't see a lot of route versatility from him right now and his hands could improve (claps the ball and lets it into his chest too much). I think his traits project better at DB and if he was in the '21 class as a DB I'd be excited about it. As a WR I could see him developing like Harley but the guys in the '21 class have higher ceilings imo.
I waa told by somebody that Lee makes highlight catches look ao easy nobody is even surprised when he does if. From diving, full extension catches and contested jump balls over multiple guys. It’s pretty ridiculous.

He could be a safety or cb prospect if he wanted too and put the effort in but wr is his money spot. Btw that’s coming from a guy who’s watched ball around here for decades.

He has a thick frame so he’s physical and will break tackles , once he does that it’s a house call with his speed. He’s the definition of a “ football player”.

Last edited:
I'll take Ricky Williams word for it. Dude is a mad Bama fan and trolled Duasso unmercifully on twitter after his team beat Immortals, but he has watched alot of HS football players over the last decade. He absolutely loves this kid.

Advertisement

I couldn’t tell you because there’s nothing out there Florida Gator interest related by the staff or beat writers who cover the team. Our board, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, at WR at the moment is Evan Stewart, Jayden Gibson, Jay Fair, and Chandler (CJ) Smith. Idk how yall WR board is but i’m surprised UM haven’t kicked the tires on CJ Smith. He looks pretty good to me.

Advertisement
Man this young man can pick'em up and put'em down with the quickness. I don't know if anybody has referenced it yet, but this is the type of speed and explosiveness Miami use to have when they were winning championships.

I tried telling y’all he’s a beast , now people catching on

It's the reason I watched his film. A kid from Gainesville didn't seem worth it. But the Gatta F'ed up and didn't prioritize him. And you guys were all over Lee. After Brashard blew up on this board a year ago, I had to take a look. I do like what I see. He has excellent balance and breaks tackles in stride. But I'm not sure that short shuttle twitch to break ankles is there like a Berrios or Knighton type.

Elite competitor, big-time production and verified 4.40 forty. I'm in.

Slightly slower Dorsett with better ball handling and balance. Much bigger than Harley coming out of H.S..

He looks like a 1-gear buildup speed guy on his highlights but he consistently runs by people and has the 4.4 time. I think his play speed is really good even if he doesn't look dynamic. My favorite thing about him is his ball tracking as he makes it look really easy. He has a nice strong build as well.

I don't see a lot of route versatility from him right now and his hands could improve (claps the ball and lets it into his chest too much). I think his traits project better at DB and if he was in the '21 class as a DB I'd be excited about it. As a WR I could see him developing like Harley but the guys in the '21 class have higher ceilings imo.

100% this is where I'm at except I think he's an upgrade to Harley overall, though admittedly with less short burst. Closer to Dorsett or a blend of the two. I actually like his DB potential more than his WR potential. also. But if he makes plays, bring him in and figure it out.

I'm super high on the 2021 kids. Hope they prove me right. Lee falls a little below them in my opinion. But he's a Miami kid.

It's the reason I watched his film. A kid from Gainesville didn't seem worth it. But the Gatta F'ed up and didn't prioritize him. And you guys were all over Lee. After Brashard blew up on this board a year ago, I had to take a look. I do like what I see. He has excellent balance and breaks tackles in stride. But I'm not sure that short shuttle twitch to break ankles is there like a Berrios or Knighton type.

Slightly slower Dorsett with better ball handling and balance. Much bigger than Harley coming out of H.S..

100% this is where I'm at except I think he's an upgrade to Harley overall, though admittedly with less short burst. Closer to Dorsett or a blend of the two. I actually like his DB potential more than his WR potential. also. But if he makes plays, bring him in and figure it out.

I'm super high on the 2021 kids. Hope they prove me right. Lee falls a little below them in my opinion. But he's a Miami kid.
I see a blend of Harley and Jamarr Chase. He runs routes hard and fast without nuance or changing speeds similar to Harley, he has the build and highpoint skills of Chase, but his run after catch is more like Harley (straight line, tackled easily). Again I see more route potential in the '21 WRs but no question Lee is a scheme fit as a vertical axis 1on1 X receiver just like Bond was. And yeah his ceiling/value is higher at DB imo, he could be TRob's new Jaycee Horn.

I see a blend of Harley and Jamarr Chase. He runs routes hard and fast without nuance or changing speeds similar to Harley, he has the build and highpoint skills of Chase, but his run after catch is more like Harley (straight line, tackled easily). Again I see more route potential in the '21 WRs but no question Lee is a scheme fit as a vertical axis 1on1 X receiver just like Bond was. And yeah his ceiling/value is higher at DB imo, he could be TRob's new Jaycee Horn.

No argument with you. But on his HUDL highlights at least, he uses his larger frame and better balance to break tackles better than Harley.

Advertisement
Dude I think you need to go check out how fast bond is. If he is running a 10.5 100 meter he is running significantly faster than 4.7 fyi
I’m posting his verified time. He looks plenty fast. Lee has one of the fastest times in the country and is significantly bigger than Bond. No knock on the kid. A 10.5 is really fast. Whitfield won states running close to 10 flat in his day and still ran a 4.44 at the combine. It doesn’t always translate but yes, the 4.7 was likely pre-growth spurt as another poster mentioned. I still doubt he’s running Lee’s 4.4 flat though.

Advertisement
I’m posting his verified time. He looks plenty fast. Lee has one of the fastest times in the country and is significantly bigger than Bond. No knock on the kid. A 10.5 is really fast. Whitfield won states running close to 10 flat in his day and still ran a 4.44 at the combine. It doesn’t always translate but yes, the 4.7 was likely pre-growth spurt as another poster mentioned. I still doubt he’s running Lee’s 4.4 flat though.
Again buddy, he has VERIFIED 100 meter times of 10.5

Advertisement
Back