QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Advertisement
Who’s talking about me or my life? We were talking about a good day for the Miami Hurricanes football program.
What is the problem with adding a kid that has had a tone of success in college in the room. A kid joining the team is a good thing. Because YOU don’t like him doesn’t make it a bad day. Especially with the uncertainty in that room. It’s clear he isn’t the only QB they will bring in.

“Your apart of the problem” is rich coming from someone on message boards complaining about who is and isnt good enough to be on roster

What is the problem with adding a kid that has had a tone of success in college in the room. A kid joining the team is a good thing. Because YOU don’t like him doesn’t make it a bad day. Especially with the uncertainty in that room. It’s clear he isn’t the only QB they will bring in.
I just don’t think it is that clear that they will bring a real QB1 after taking him.

Why bring him in if we are, allegedly, tight with the spots on roster with others holes to fill such as CB, S, WR?

If they are THAT sure they will get QB1 later or in the spring, why not just simply wait and then roll with Jacurri/Emory as backups?

If I’m wrong, great, I will gladly eat crow but how can anyone be satisfied with Cristobal QB recruiting (portal or HS) right now? ****, the most bright football minds in the sport always said you need to bring a starter caliber QB at every cycle, we are three cycles in and Mario has yet to land ONE of them.

The clout chasers, fake insiders, and shameless gossipers on Twitter will hype up the UAlbany kid with their usual delusion. They’ll claim he’s a diamond in the rough, boast about his highlights (because they don’t include any of his lowlights), deflect criticism by saying Jared Verse came from Albany, etc.

The same people who have reacted to the commitments of QB’s in recent years such as Evan Shirrefs, Cade Weldon, Emory, and Judd by screaming about how underrated they are will recycle their familiar rhetoric about Poffenbarger.

Meanwhile, anyone with a brain who doesn’t wave pompoms in the face of our coach’s historically incompetent “talent” acquisition at the most important position in the sport will be branded a mope.

You do know there's a middle ground between your two extremes but you're far too dim to comprehend that

Advertisement
As long as we can get Taulia too it's a savvy move for insurance against Jacurri bouncing or an injury setback to Emory. But if no Taulia then we're gonna be rightfully trolled hard.
It's 2 fold. Add an arm just in case Tagovailoa doesn't get approved because you need another QB to take reps during practice to push JB and EW. He is essentially an insurance policy just in case.

Nobody is "happy" for **** sure ... BUT just to be able to run quality practice we need 4 scholarship QB's on the roster. Roster depth and more experienced competition for JB / EW / JA ... while everybody crosses their fingers that Taulina gets a waiver. Sucks to be landing top 5 classes and not be able to land an elite QB. Sure hop that Nickel holds firm on his commit.
the "experience" part is important. We don't know if Emory will be available 100% for spring. Judd's a freshman.

I have no problem letting him compete and being the insurance policy in case either JB or Emory isn't healthy or bounces

I just don’t think it is that clear that they will bring a real QB1 after taking him.

Why bring him in if we are, allegedly, tight with the spots on roster with others holes to fill such as CB, S, WR?

If they are THAT sure they will get QB1 later or in the spring, why not just simply wait and the roll with Jacurri/Emory as backups?

If I’m wrong, great, I will gladly eat crow but how can anyone be satisfied with Cristobal QB recruiting (portal or HS) right now? ****, the most bright football minds in the sports always said you need to bring a starter caliber QB at every cycle, we are three cycles in and Mario has to land ONE of them.
Are you certain JB sticks around? Is EW ready for spring? If only JB and Judd are the spring QBs you NEED another arm. There’s too much uncertainty. Why would you not add another QB to the roster while you figure out the QB1 situation?

The staff struck out. They wanted Ward and did everything they could. NIL and effort wise. Howard didn’t want to be here either. It is what it is. They missed. Complaining on here for weeks does nothing.

They are pivoting. If that next step is to bring him in to compete with the goal of still bringing in a 1 year guy, that’s what you do. Jayden Daniels transfered in February. Between Taulia and potential spring options, something will be there. If that’s the route we take, that’s what you do. I just don’t understand *****ing for weeks on end about it.

If they are THAT sure they will get QB1 later or in the spring, why not just simply wait and the roll with Jacurri/Emory as backups?

If I’m wrong, great, I will gladly eat crow but how can anyone be satisfied with Cristobal QB recruiting (portal or HS) right now? ****, the most bright football minds in the sport always said you need to bring a starter caliber QB at every cycle, we are three cycles in and Mario has yet to land ONE of them.
Based on what?

Advertisement
You do know there's a middle ground between your two extremes but you're too stupid to comprehend that
Where’s the middle ground… I wanna be on that middle ground. Cause right now I’m leaning towards being with dude up there 😂 so show me the way to the middle ground. Brother I wanna there with you

The clout chasers, fake insiders, and shameless gossipers on Twitter will hype up the UAlbany kid with their usual delusion. They’ll claim he’s a diamond in the rough, boast about his highlights (because they don’t include any of his lowlights), deflect criticism by saying Jared Verse came from Albany, etc.

The same people who have reacted to the commitments of QB’s in recent years such as Evan Shirrefs, Cade Weldon, Emory, and Judd by screaming about how underrated they are will recycle their familiar rhetoric about Poffenbarger.

Meanwhile, anyone with a brain who doesn’t wave pompoms in the face of our coach’s historically incompetent “talent” acquisition at the most important position in the sport will be branded a mope.

All while the idiot fans don't realize he is an insurance policy if Tagovailoa doesn't get approved to take reps and push EW and JB to get better. Our #1 QB is Tagovailoa if he gets approved. Do you guys think it is a good idea to go to camp with 2 QB's if Tag doesn't get approved? It is essential depth in case they have to roll with EW or JB as the starters next year if if if Tag doesn't get approved. You need a certain amount of arms at practice and 3 isn't it when Judd arrives. You still need 4 total.

Last edited:
Are you certain JB sticks around? Is EW ready for spring? If only JB and Judd are the spring QBs you NEED another arm. There’s too much uncertainty. Why would you not add another QB to the roster while you figure out the QB1 situation?

The staff struck out. They wanted Ward and did everything they could. NIL and effort wise. Howard didn’t want to be here either. It is what it is. They missed. Complaining on here for weeks does nothing.

They are pivoting. If that next step is to bring him in to compete with the goal of still bringing in a 1 year guy, that’s what you do. Jayden Daniels transfered in February. Between Taulia and potential spring options, something will be there. If that’s the route we take, that’s what you do. I just don’t understand *****ing for weeks on end about it.
They struck out because they didn’t have the humility to prepare a plan B, they were sure to get Ward and now they are improvising.

Why so sure they’ll know what to do in the spring transfer window?

Advertisement
Where’s the middle ground… I wanna be on that middle ground. Cause right now I’m leaning towards being with dude up there 😂 so show me the way to the middle ground. Brother I wanna there with you
The middle ground is logically inferring that they are adding depth at the position with a high upside kid ahead of also pursuing a true QB1

You do know there's a middle ground between your two extremes but you're too stupid to comprehend that

You’re the same poster who recently told someone else to get cancer, doubled down on that, and then complained about being made fun of for mental health stuff.

You’ve also played the victim and whined to mods about a personal attack when you yourself were the first one to hurl insults.

You’re a gem.

They struck out because they didn’t have the humility to prepare a plan B, they were sure to get Ward and now they are improvising.

Didn't they have two QB's visiting? They were never completely all-in on Ward and Howard had the green light to commit. They 100% had a plan B but whiffed on both.

Advertisement
You’re the same poster who recently told someone else to get cancer, doubled down on that, and then complained about being made fun of for mental health stuff.

You’ve also played the victim and whined to mods about a personal attack when you yourself were the first one to hurl insults.

You’re a gem.
Yea that's not how it went down but nice try

All while the idiot fans don't realize he is an insurance policy if Tagovailoa doesn't get approved to take reps and push EW and JB to get better. Do you guys think it is a good idea to go to camp with 2 QB's if Tag doesn't get approved? It is essential depth in case they have to roll with EW or JB as the starters next year if if if Tag doesn't get approved.
Ok fine. We were supposed to get the top QB in the portal and now are balls are tied to the ******* NCAA waiver process and a guy coming from FCS.

Who’s responsible for that? Do you think it is a result of a good and well-thought strategy?

IMO Spring is a more important transfer window. Coaching changes happen. You get a much better read on your roster especially with Frshman now sophomores and the freshman you bring in. Much better understanding of what’s needed.

Lot of Guys transfer in the spring. Most of best transfers were spring guys in our roster.

At QB, There will be more names. It has been said it’s not Reese and then they are done.

Advertisement
Back