QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

I remember when some posters tried spinning our disastrous QB recruiting as a blessing because investing in premier, blue-chip QBs coming out of high school is a "waste of resources" in this new age of the transfer portal.

Fast forward to now and we're apparently hoping a waiver is granted for a mid QB who has thrown 30 INT's over the last 3 years and has zero NFL future or someone from UAlbany who threw even more INT's than TVD last season.

This place is special. Cue the "we can win 10 games with him" posts no matter which one we settle for.

Advertisement
I remember when some posters tried spinning our disastrous QB recruiting as a blessing because investing in premier, blue-chip QBs coming out of high school is a "waste of resources" in this new age of the transfer portal.

Fast forward to now and we're apparently hoping a waiver is granted for a mid QB who has thrown 30 INT's over the last 3 years and has zero NFL future or someone from UAlbany who threw even more INT's than TVD last season.

This place is special. Cue the "we can win 10 games with him" posts no matter which one we settle for.
Mid tier? Tagovailola vs Ward. Taulia more Int’s, Ward more fumbles.
IMG_2583.png
IMG_2582.png

Serious question as I don't know the NCAA rules on this stuff....What's stopping Taulia from enrolling as a grad student, independent of anything football related? And, can he participate in the off-season program if he's not officially on the roster? Technically it's no different (other than eligibility) than a walk-on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
so as of right now its 1 ward till he officially enters draft 2. Tua 3. Hamburger ? Id assume right

Yeah it’s surprising for sure. I know each QB situation is different, but it’s odd that none of these QBs have a desire to come here and be successful. Eventually for our sanity, MC will have to land one.
I’m dumbfounded as well. It’s like no one has showed these guys how many yards X and George had this year

Advertisement
So what’s the story here?

Wasn’t this dude supposed to be the best QB in his HS class? Is this just a case of bad recruiting service evals?

I’ve always thought he was a tad overrated. More 4* vs. 5, especially when I saw him play top comp.

Plus, he’s dealing w/ some injury issues. Sometimes kids enter the portal w/ little guidance; go from a P5 program to a G5, FCS, or worst yet, not picked up at all.

On3 mentioned having to possibly re-evaluate their metrics after guys enter the portal despite their HS rankings

Advertisement
I’ve always thought he was a tad overrated. More 4* vs. 5, especially when I saw him play top comp.

Plus, he’s dealing w/ some injury issues. Sometimes kids enter the portal w/ little guidance; go from a P5 program to a G5, FCS, or worst yet, not picked up at all.

On3 mentioned having to possibly re-evaluate their metrics after guys enter the portal despite their HS rankings
Good on On3 to constantly be evaluating their process.

Advertisement
Back