QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Advertisement
I've been saying it since day 1. We'll end up with a QB who has a much lower ceiling than TVD..that is inevitable at this point.

Mario would have been much better served taking all his energy and applying it towards salvaging things with TVD and learning what makes him tick and what makes him perform his best and giving him everything he can to get him and keep him there for one more year.

TVD was ELITE when he was at his best. He had some incredible lows (but so did everybody else on the team..especially Mario) but Mario would have been better off figuring out how to avoid those and keep him from getting in that position rather than letting him walk and planning to replace him. Short leash and lots of competition would have helped TVD a lot. Mario NEEDS to rebuild his reputation with QBs and doing it with TVD would have done much more for his career than any other player.
No matter what the outcome it was in TVD best interest to leave. A mentally broken QB. Nobody is perfect and the first INT he had, would of gotten him booed out the stadium and broke him again. He needed a fresh start badly.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Does anyone actually think the NCAA is going to grant Taulia a waiver? Like on what basis based on their rules? I’d think he’d need to go to court.

I don't think ncaa will grant it. I assume the NCAA will say too bad, our rule says 4 games, you played in 5. I do think chances are pretty good the court will rule in his favor. A fed judge already smacked down the one-time transfer rule and said it violated anti trust laws and it was an unfair restriction on trade.

It's equally silly for the ncaa to say you can play 4 complete games and take every snap and keep a redshirt, but if you take one snap in 5 separate games, that counts against the 5 yr rule. Why 4? Why not 7? It's a totally arbitrary number.

It's especially dumb because a player has little control over his own college eligibility. A player may want to take a RS, but if a vindictive coach wants to ***** him over and makes him go on the field for one snap to burn his redshirt, there is nothing the player can do. I think odds are very good a fed judge will also say the 5 yr rule is an unreasonable restraint on trade. Taulia is a great example. He's likely not going to get drafted in the NFL, but a college team might be willing to pay him millions to play another season. A fed judge is going to laugh at the ncaa for claiming that 2 snaps should keep Taulia from potentially making millions while also furthering his education (which is what universities are supposed to encourage).

On second thought, the ncaa might grant Taulias waiver because it will want to avoid taking another L in court and losing what little is left of its power.

Last edited:
Advertisement
IMG_7173.png

Does anyone actually think the NCAA is going to grant Taulia a waiver? Like on what basis based on their rules? I’d think he’d need to go to court.
I think they will because they don’t want this to go to court. Not with the way the courts have been deciding cases involving NCAA rules, and especially not in an instance with a high profile kid with a family with the means to really fight this if they want to. At some point somebody is going to challenge the four game redshirt rule and I don’t think the NCAA wants to risk that fight against this particular athlete and his family.

It’s also been reported that he’s already met with the NCAA and that Bama and Maryland have been supportive. I don’t think he bothers entering the portal if the conversations he’s had with the NCAA weren’t positive.

Advertisement
Soon as he entered the portal i said i like Will Rogers. Got negged to death, you know cause man were waiting on all these 1st round picks. Then i said KJ, negged again. These 2 man threw a million passes in the conference with the best athletes on 2 of the teams with the least athletes and did pretty good. We needed an experience player who seen bad times, who can weather the storm and not just clam up when stuff went bad.

Yall been focus on talent, but when was the last time we had a alpha leader at QB? Was that Cam Ward? Im not so sure with how he has handled himself. How is Tua in that regard? I like the character of JB and Emory, but they need skill development.

Who is left out there?

At this point with the best guys gone, we should just wait for the next portal window. I’ll ride with Emory and Jacurri before I see us waste time and money on the guys out the. The Albany kid will NOT beat out the guys we have. I’m not sold little Tua is an upgrade either. Both our guys showed enough promise.
I’d much prefer to see us start working some of the other positions available in the portal. It’s not like we only need a qb.
But I don’t have $8 mil a year on it either.

Advertisement
Back