QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Can you imagine if this drags on until February or whenever he has to opt out of the draft and we don't give anyone else the Green light while we continue to wait. I envy Oregon so much, every major search they have been apart of since Mario left has been quick and easy. Lanning gets hired and then right away they hire Dillingham. Dillingham gets a HC gig and boom they hire Will Stein to replace him. They need a QB in the portal and within a week or two they land Dante Moore and Dillon Gabriel. It's never easy with Mario, everything has to drag out and take forever.
Mario is an overpaid Neanderthal who is a horrible game day coach, horrible program CEO and he doesn't understand statistics or even math. I'm not sure if he has a strong sense of self awareness to see his own flaws.

That said, he is a relentless single minded laser focused elite recruiter and the program has resources, location, history and playing time to sell.

Still not sure if his strength, which is a huge one, is enough to overcome his many weaknesses. Normally talent wins out eventually ...

Advertisement
No idea how I replied to that 3 times 🤣
Jimmy 2x
Jimmy Two Times Goodfellas GIF

Can you imagine if this drags on until February or whenever he has to opt out of the draft and we don't give anyone else the Green light while we continue to wait. I envy Oregon so much, every major search they have been apart of since Mario left has been quick and easy. Lanning gets hired and then right away they hire Dillingham. Dillingham gets a HC gig and boom they hire Will Stein to replace him. They need a QB in the portal and within a week or two they land Dante Moore and Dillon Gabriel. It's never easy with Mario, everything has to drag out and take forever.

Mario suffers from paralysis by analysis. I have zero doubt that he truly cares, but he ends up over thinking everything. His fear of making mistakes has seemingly caused him to make quite a few, like hiring Gattis and now with the whole QB thing. We just have to start signing top tier HS qb's (like Nickel although I'm scared that he's right in the middle of SEC country and he could pull a Riley on us).

Maybe Mario can give Manny a call and ask him to give him instructions on how to get a QB to come play for him…Mario been ******** around with Ward forever and Manny picked up a pretty good QB 15 minutes after he took over at DUKE….Duke can get a QB but we can’t….let that marinate

Advertisement
Because as I said before, Mario is not as intelligent as he thinks he is. When he first got here, he took an unusually long time to put together a staff that went a whopping 5-7. He doesn't strike me as a big time planner or strategist. He's a grunt. Everything is based on toughness and physicality and brute force. I don't think preparation is his strong suit either or contingency plans when a simple plan fails. He is essentially a recruiter who needs to be hand held. Oregon fans tried to tell us, and I laughed at them as bitter. I was wrong.

Maybe Mario can give Manny a call and ask him to give him instructions on how to get a QB to come play for him…Mario been ******** around with Ward forever and Manny picked up a pretty good QB 15 minutes after he took over at DUKE….Duke can get a QB but we can’t….let that marinate
Are we sure Maalik Murphy is pretty good?

And the fact that, with so many QB-needy teams all over the country, Murphy chose between Duke and Baylor what does it tell us?

Let that marinate.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back