QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Advertisement
Sluka Me Timbers, cmon man
@Manfred_Cane Goddamit

Organized Crime Car GIF by Law & Order

Take some time off brother. You’re stressed with this lack of a QB situation.

@WaterburyCane we may need to start hiring soon these jokers are out in full force

What do you think it looks like no matter what is going on.If this kid comes he’s going to be under so much scrutiny and probably undue expectations but that what comes with 2M+ and the way this has gone..jmo
Right or wrong hopefully Mario takes the brunt of the scrutiny. He has been here long enough to not have us in this position. Seems like we either get Ward or we choose which QB sucks the least. Pause. Either way even if we do get Ward and if he bombs it that will be a wrap for the Cristobal Era and good luck with getting any QB to suit up in Miami while he's here.

Advertisement
Makes sense. Where do you think his biggest hold up is? Is it all about maximizing the 💰 or is this dude really that torn between what to do? Like what more is there to decide at this point. I'm sure he's heard from the nfl about what his draft position looks like. He's heard from Miami on what his NIL would look like...
Miami would be dumb to sit around and wait for Ward to change his mind. We need a qb asap. I hope to god we have other guys on campus and get this rapped up soon

Miami would be dumb to sit around and wait for Ward to change his mind. We need a qb asap. I hope to god we have other guys on campus and get this rapped up soon
With KJ and Howard basically off the board I don't see anyone currently in the portal worth chasing at this moment unless Salter wants to come in for a visit. I don't see any issue to continue pressing ward until it's 100% guaranteed his mind is made up. Would hate for miami to panic and grab somebody just to have a warm body. Not sure any of the other guys are much better than emory or JB. Maybe miami can back channel another better option

Advertisement
With KJ and Howard basically off the board I don't see anyone currently in the portal worth chasing at this moment unless Salter wants to come in for a visit. I don't see any issue to continue pressing ward until it's 100% guaranteed his mind is made up. Would hate for miami to panic and grab somebody just to have a warm body. Not sure any of the other guys are much better than emory or JB. Maybe miami can back channel another better option
There are some solid options out there that could come in a compete with our current qbs. We need serious depth at this position. It would be a waste of two weeks when Ward is likely just going to stick with his decision

Work him into the gameplan like his FR year. I think with one more season he can be good. Once he stops thinking and just play, could a be a late bloom gem
Hopefully he sticks around if miami gets a 1 yr rental at QB and that ends up being his role. Wouldn't mind 2025 to be a comp between jacurri emory and Nickel...

Advertisement
I hate that Cam Ward is a topic again. We have already been burned once, if it happens again we are going to look like fools.

Public perception wise, I'd say we're way past looking foolish. Even if he does end up here he's shown future portal recruits the blueprint. Master class in maximizing your leverage against a myopic, desperate coach.

I hate that Cam Ward is a topic again. We have already been burned once, if it happens again we are going to look like fools.
Public perception wise, I'd say we're way past looking foolish. Even if he does end up here he's shown future portal recruits the blueprint. Master class in maximizing your leverage against a myopic, desperate coach.
Can you imagine if this drags on until February or whenever he has to opt out of the draft and we don't give anyone else the Green light while we continue to wait. I envy Oregon so much, every major search they have been apart of since Mario left has been quick and easy. Lanning gets hired and then right away they hire Dillingham. Dillingham gets a HC gig and boom they hire Will Stein to replace him. They need a QB in the portal and within a week or two they land Dante Moore and Dillon Gabriel. It's never easy with Mario, everything has to drag out and take forever.

Advertisement
One reason I‘ve heard was to get his name in early to have a spot in the pre draft all star games. Since he’ll need a good performance there to improve stock. Kinda like saving a spot in line. If he does pull out no big deal. Oh and it doesn’t hurt leverage if somebody misses on a portal qb. It’s kinda smart.
One reason I‘ve heard was to get his name in early to have a spot in the pre draft all star games. Since he’ll need a good performance there to improve stock. Kinda like saving a spot in line. If he does pull out no big deal. Oh and it doesn’t hurt leverage if somebody misses on a portal qb. It’s kinda smar

One reason I‘ve heard was to get his name in early to have a spot in the pre draft all star games. Since he’ll need a good performance there to improve stock. Kinda like saving a spot in line. If he does pull out no big deal. Oh and it doesn’t hurt leverage if somebody misses on a portal qb. It’s kinda smart.
The all star games aren’t until February, correct? With him being a grad transfer, there’s also no enrollment period for him when classes have a deadline of January 24th or something like that as well, I believe.

So, is it safe to say that this could continue on into late February/early March?

Advertisement
Back