QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

So it has gone from Ward "not taking any visits until next week", to "Ward will be visiting UM this weekend"? Art of the deal if true. Offer the two QBs you really want and the first one that wants in is in. Things might be quiet in Coral Gables, but it isnt becasue the machine isn't moving. There doesnt appear to be any fighting in the war room.

Advertisement
You all realize that part of this with a savvy team, and GM type behind it is to help drum up interest in other people, so that they get FOMO, and potentially overspend on somebody that that helps you down the road and not having to overspend for somebody else that you might actually share a common interest In.

transfer portal era and situations like this with ward and howard are EXACTLY why Zo is here

make it happen, either one and we're cookin' next year

truly think we might be safer with howard and might even be "better" with his rushing ability

but cam ward would bring a much needed excitement to the program, more so than anytime in a long *** time and that would be equally amazing

Advertisement
my sauces tell me if we get ward, we have cristobal to thank

loUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU cristobal

Advertisement
You all realize that part of this with a savvy team, and GM type behind it is to help drum up interest in other people, so that they get FOMO, and potentially overspend on somebody that that helps you down the road and not having to overspend for somebody else that you might actually share a common interest In.
Think About It GIF by Identity

my best guess is here:

but i ain't payin for that ****

Washington State QB Cam Ward

Intel: The Washington State transfer is ranked as the No. 2 player available in the transfer portal, according to On3’s rankings. As On3 reported earlier this week, Florida State, Miami, Ohio State, Oregon, Washington, Wisconsin and USC emerged as names to watch throughout Cam Ward’s recruitment. As of Wednesday night, On3 can confirm that the Buckeyes and Ward have not had a formal conversation. There has been contact with Wisconsin. And another source told On3 that plans are in the works for a possible visit to Miami this weekend.

Advertisement

Washington State QB Cam Ward

Intel: The Washington State transfer is ranked as the No. 2 player available in the transfer portal, according to On3’s rankings. As On3 reported earlier this week, Florida State, Miami, Ohio State, Oregon, Washington, Wisconsin and USC emerged as names to watch throughout Cam Ward’s recruitment. As of Wednesday night, On3 can confirm that the Buckeyes and Ward have not had a formal conversation. There has been contact with Wisconsin. And another source told On3 that plans are in the works for a possible visit to Miami this weekend.
FIFY.

Advertisement
So it has gone from Ward "not taking any visits until next week", to "Ward will be visiting UM this weekend"? Art of the deal if true. Offer the two QBs you really want and the first one that wants in is in. Things might be quiet in Coral Gables, but it isnt becasue the machine isn't moving. There doesnt appear to be any fighting in the war room.

He said he wouldn’t take visits until next week? If true and he visits us this weekend….. that’s a pretty good sign imo.

I’ve done more research on a few of the guys and what I’ve found is there’s not a huge difference in them. Ward is the flashier option but he’s careless with the ball. Howard has a lower ceiling but he also has a higher floor. I like the power run aspect of his game , plus he’s a great leader and tough as nails. He fits Mario the best imo. At this point I’d be ok with either. All things considered I think he’s an upgrade over last year. The run option would be nice.
Howard vs Texas was an incredible display of leadership, skill and tenacity. If we can get that week in and week out with next years schedule, I like our chances for a major junp

He said he wouldn’t take visits until next week? If true and he visits us this weekend….. that’s a pretty good sign imo.

That was the scuttlebutt the last day or so up until this report. I have no idea how true that was, but it was being reported that Ward's visits would not start until next week. And he was being linked to OSU, but now it is being reported they havnet had formal discussions.

Advertisement
Back