QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Advertisement
I thought someone recently posted the updated draft grading scale. Isn’t it something like ‘first round potential, second round potential, or get your *** back to school’?

I obviously know he doesn’t have an agent yet, at least not publicly. I just don’t see him playing college football. Wish I could be as hopeful as ya’ll

Publicly?

You realize you have to file that with the NFL, right, since the agent would be entitled to a percentage of any contract.

Please, please, I implore you, quit while you are behind.

Using context clues today:

1. Gabys fish comment

2. Cribbys favorite Grindr filter (hence his eyeballs emoji)

3. Transfer Portal deadlines

Clearly it's Michigan's Alex Orgy.

Lock thread.

From what I read you have to declare intentions by 1/5. Between then and 1/15 you can go back if you don’t sign an agent. 1/15 is the date of no return.

I doubt he comes here. But it would make sense to declare and see a better sense of your stock and possible all star game roster possibilities if you are seriously torn between turning pro and staying a year.

This makes some sense. If he’s waiting to see a better grade or if he’s invited to an all star game he’d have to declare to even receive an invite. And the OP clarified true junior means third year player.

Only thing I'll add because you worded it a little confusing. The hard date is actually February 2nd. The January 15th date is just to enter draft.

Advertisement
wedding crashers comedy GIF

I'm going to keep making the same joke until it's no longer accurate and/or relevant.

thank you, appreciate you sharing. guess it would be equally as important to understand the nfl grading system. do these players or nfl teams hold some type of workout for grades to improve? just some thoughts, maybe not worth much discussion really since i seem to understand very little of this process.
I believe every team gets 30 visits from players, then you have the games, combine and pro days. All of those happen after the 15th.

If he goes back to college regardless if it’s here or somewhere else, I’d say the 9th would be the best day to know a definitive answer. I think what game selects him would be a big factor, considering his grade is probably not high enough to warrant leaving the potential NIL money on the table. And it’s unlikely it would change between now and the 15th.

Advertisement
Actually...

Just like with the Portal, there is a date to DECLARE (January 15th) and there is a later date to EXIT (February 2).

View attachment 276760

Please note, one comes before UM's enrollment deadline of January 24th, one comes after.

Just trying to be friendly and accurate.
Reading while I’m supposed to be working and took the 15th as the end all date.

I believe every team gets 30 visits from players, then you have the games, combine and pro days. All of those happen after the 15th.

If he goes back to college regardless if it’s here or somewhere else, I’d say the 9th would be the best day to know a definitive answer. I think what game selects him would be a big factor, considering his grade is probably not high enough to warrant leaving the potential NIL money on the table. And it’s unlikely it would change between now and the 15th.
interesting. thanks for that!

edit: thanks all for sharing all relevant dates and related info.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back