QB's at the Top for 2022

RedSquare

Freshman
I know we haven't locked in 2021 yet, but if it were me:

I'd have one of my GA's camping outside Preston Howard's house in Baltimore and not moving off the lawn until the kid agreed to sign with Miami. And I'd be doing the same thing with Cade Klubnik in Texas, just to make sure we could get one of those kids.

There's others I really like for 2022, such as AJ Duffy in California.

But if I'm Lashlee, Preston Howard is no. 1 on my board ... and Klubnik is 1(a) .... and I'm not letting up until they get a restraining order against me.

Advertisement
Nationally:
Braedyn Locke
Cade Klubnik
AJ Duffy
Conner Weigman
Garret Rangel
Cardell Williams
Adryan Lara
Jack Benson

Locally:
Carson Haggard
Zo'Marion Harper (from Glades Central, lit up PBC for 431yds, emerging QB prospect)
Fernando Mendoza (big 6'4 210+ kid from Columbus who played great in their playoff game vs North Miami)

Wouldn't touch Zion Turner with a 10ft pole.

Advertisement
Nationally:
Braedyn Locke
Cade Klubnik
AJ Duffy
Conner Weigman
Garret Rangel
Cardell Williams
Adryan Lara
Jack Benson

Locally:
Carson Haggard
Zo'Marion Harper (from Glades Central, lit up PBC for 431yds, emerging QB prospect)
Fernando Mendoza (big 6'4 210+ kid from Columbus who played great in their playoff game vs North Miami)

I like Locke as well. Kid can play. and AJ Duffy. One other name I'm liking is the Steve Angeli who plays at Bergen Catholic in NJ.

But right now, as a junior in high school Preston Howard is clocking in at almost 6-5 and almost 225 lbs, and probably is a good enough athlete to play hoops in college if he wanted. that's cam newton type ***** right there.

that being said, i think some of the other names on your list are more likely than Howard.

I like Locke as well. Kid can play. and AJ Duffy. One other name I'm liking is the Steve Angeli who plays at Bergen Catholic in NJ.

But right now, as a junior in high school Preston Howard is clocking in at almost 6-5 and almost 225 lbs, and probably is a good enough athlete to play hoops in college if he wanted. that's cam newton type ***** right there.

that being said, i think some of the other names on your list are more likely than Howard.
I watched Howard's tape & I agree he's a very good QB prospect with impressive arm talent.

I just doubt we'd have much of a shot with him, he strikes me as a kid that will stay home & commit to Maryland or commit to another B1G school. We should still offer him but Idk how interested he'd be.

I didn't mention any of the Georgia QB's either because I just highly doubt that any of them would come here either, top tier GA kids seem to play games with Miami, we get a few every now & then, but they mostly just wait until a SEC school comes calling then bail on us.

I like AJ Duffy's arm talent a lot, he's got a fully loaded pistol & I like the fact he's a Coach's son, but again those Southern Cali QB's tend to stay out West in Pac-12 country. But AJ did visit us during the season about 2 months ago, so that's good, he's at least interested.

To me, it's all about TX & AZ, Hawaii is producing great QB's annually as well & there's a couple of them that will be available in the 22 class, but distance there always is a huge factor to overcome.

Locke & Klubnik are the top 2 (that we have a realistic shot with) IMO.

If we're taking 2 QB's for the 22 class, then some of the upcoming local South FL QB's should get a look at that spot.

Nationally:
Braedyn Locke
Cade Klubnik
AJ Duffy
Conner Weigman
Garret Rangel
Cardell Williams
Adryan Lara
Jack Benson

Locally:
Carson Haggard

Haggard is too small to play at a P5 school but he’s a good QB.

Zo’marion is a heavy kid that is throwing go routes and posts to an ultra talented Glades Central team.....nothing special

Mendoza is interesting, physically he looks the part and has played well this season.

I’m not a fan of Zion either....

Advertisement
Would love for Miami to go after Preston Howard from MD. Huge guy 6’6 220ish that’s gotten offers from all over the country.

Not an expert but from everything I've read give me Jacurri Brown and Zion Turner for depth (if we don't get one in 2020).

Advertisement
Nationally:
Braedyn Locke
Cade Klubnik
AJ Duffy
Conner Weigman
Garret Rangel
Cardell Williams
Adryan Lara
Jack Benson

Locally:
Carson Haggard

no issues with his size (6’) being pro-style QB at college level? I have not seen the tape. He must be the goods

Advertisement
Oh.

He's listed as a "Pro style" because he plays in a Texas Air Raid offense & doesn't have to run much, but he's not a Pro style in that he's immobile & can't move.

He's got fantastic arm talent, he threw for 4305yds 52TD's & 11INT's last year & was 2nd in the nation in passing yards for HS QB's. He's a classic TX gunslinger.

Oh.

He's listed as a "Pro style" because he plays in a Texas Air Raid offense & doesn't have to run much, but he's not a Pro style in that he's immobile & can't move.

He's got fantastic arm talent, he threw for 4305yds 52TD's & 11INT's last year & was 2nd in the nation in passing yards for HS QB's. He's a classic TX gunslinger.

that explains it. Thank you!

I watched Howard's tape & I agree he's a very good QB prospect with impressive arm talent.

I just doubt we'd have much of a shot with him, he strikes me as a kid that will stay home & commit to Maryland or commit to another B1G school. We should still offer him but Idk how interested he'd be.

I didn't mention any of the Georgia QB's either because I just highly doubt that any of them would come here either, top tier GA kids seem to play games with Miami, we get a few every now & then, but they mostly just wait until a SEC school comes calling then bail on us.

I like AJ Duffy's arm talent a lot, he's got a fully loaded pistol & I like the fact he's a Coach's son, but again those Southern Cali QB's tend to stay out West in Pac-12 country. But AJ did visit us during the season about 2 months ago, so that's good, he's at least interested.

To me, it's all about TX & AZ, Hawaii is producing great QB's annually as well & there's a couple of them that will be available in the 22 class, but distance there always is a huge factor to overcome.

Locke & Klubnik are the top 2 (that we have a realistic shot with) IMO.

If we're taking 2 QB's for the 22 class, then some of the upcoming local South FL QB's should get a look at that spot.

roger all of that. but let me add that a kid like Angeli needs a very long look.

we have historically been good with the kids from the northeast. NY/NJ/CT have all been places where we can pull kids. East coast, big city, major metro areas, multi-sport athletes that often play the two best cross training sports for football: hoops and lacrosse.
I agree the TX and AZ QB's should be on our radar, always. But, so should the northeast kids like Agneli.

Witness last year and landing TVD. If we went up to NJ or CT to land another TVD this year, we'd all be pretty pleased with ourselves, no?

Advertisement
Back