QB

frostycane

Junior
Ok, I don’t recall ever finding out exactly what happened to Emory’s non throwing arm? Did it break? Was it amputated?

I ask because in all the QB transfer threads all anyone talks about is “let’s see what JB does during the bowl game”.

Now getting someone in for next season is a must, no doubt. But when we look at our QBs long term, does no one think Emory can develop into a legit QB? I just thought he flashed at times. Showed a good arm. Good leadership, in an awkward time of coming in for a long time starter. We have Judd coming, and the Nickel kid for 25 ( assuming he sticks).

I think JB is gone and is using the bowl as his advertisement.

How do folks feel about Emory? Judd? Long term? Or do you think we need to bring in someone with more like a 2 year window?

Sorry if I’m beating a dead horse.

Advertisement
Ok, I don’t recall ever finding out exactly what happened to Emory’s non throwing arm? Did it break? Was it amputated?

I ask because in all the QB transfer threads all anyone talks about is “let’s see what JB does during the bowl game”.

Now getting someone in for next season is a must, no doubt. But when we look at our QBs long term, does no one think Emory can develop into a legit QB? I just thought he flashed at times. Showed a good arm. Good leadership, in an awkward time of coming in for a long time starter. We have Judd coming, and the Nickel kid for 25 ( assuming he sticks).

How do folks feel about Emory? Judd? Long term? Or do you think we need to bring in someone with more like a 2 year window?

jfc

Emory is done till the spring. IDK, broken fractured. Something like that.

People are hopefully yet cautiously pessimistic about the future Emory or Judd. We all respect and thank Emory for his service.

Jacurri is super talented and we don't know what to think. We all hope he spent his redshirt year learning to put the ball near his target.

We all think we need to get someone who can do the job.

Last edited:

Don't start trolling now...

If you can't answer the question you're posing, you're either:

A.) Trolling

or

B.) doing your best hydro66 impersonation and doing a terrible job at it.

Compound (thru skin) fracture w/surgery that was preformed the following week. He's rehabbing now and not available till next year.

Advertisement

Fractured his left (non throwing) arm pretty seriously. But apparently no joint issues so that is good. Should be OK for Spring Ball and there will be a battle to see who is the #2 between Emory, JB (if he decides to stay) and Judd. Need to bring in an EXPERIENCED portal QB to lead the offense in 2024 ... it is too critical a season with 10 Win or better potential to risk it for breaking in (OJT) a green QB. THEN in 2025 you have Nickel arriving ... who is elite.

1000002309.gif

We need a guy for one year, give Emory time to heal and compete. I'm not so sure that JB is that guy. Potentially? Sure...but we cannot afford to have a guy that cannot manage a game and get us wins. Turning the ball over simply cannot happen.

MC is building a monster in south Florida, and with a decent QB were a sure contender for the ACC crown at minimum. I would fully expect a 10 win season with the current roster. However, we cannot afford to take a step backwards.

The recruiting momentum will fall off if we don't get this one position right.

Same surgery as former World Series winner Henry Rowengartner, will be throwing missiles once the cast comes off.

Advertisement

Go ahead and google the term “compound fracture” and see what you learn. He had a compound fracture in his non throwing arm.

Emory’s injury was bad. I hope he comes back and competes. I do see a decent qb there, but getting an excellent transfer could make this team very good. I'm hoping JB has a breakout game in the bowl game. I guess we'll all know something soon.

Compound fracture. Right, so he’s going to play again, correct? Cause the way he’s being written off you’d think that thing was cut off at the shoulder.
The current staff likes him (Emory) so much they told JB to redshirt the year, even going back to a mentally broken TVD instead of JB.
So this narrative of “let’s see what JB has in the bowl game” is actually crazy talk. Because if he has all the talent people think he has, I’d think our staff might see it too and have played him before almost playing no one….
It’s not trolling, to question why everyone is saying we need both a developmental transfer and a starter. When we will have both Judd and Emory back next yr to learn under the starting transfer we will get. I just don’t understand the complete overlooking of Emory, I thought he showed potential and was growing before our eyes until he broke.

That is all.

Compound fracture. Right, so he’s going to play again, correct? Cause the way he’s being written off you’d think that thing was cut off at the shoulder.
The current staff likes him (Emory) so much they told JB to redshirt the year, even going back to a mentally broken TVD instead of JB.
So this narrative of “let’s see what JB has in the bowl game” is actually crazy talk. Because if he has all the talent people think he has, I’d think our staff might see it too and have played him before almost playing no one….
It’s not trolling, to question why everyone is saying we need both a developmental transfer and a starter. When we will have both Judd and Emory back next yr to learn under the starting transfer we will get. I just don’t understand the complete overlooking of Emory, I thought he showed potential and was growing before our eyes until he broke.

That is all.
Emory didn't look that great when he played. There's a reason coaches are looking for a plug in play starter at QB.

Advertisement
Emory needs to work on his throwing motion. Doesn’t mean he can’t be good. But he needs to develop

We need an experienced/proven guy for 2024 at QB

Emory didn't look that great when he played. There's a reason coaches are looking for a plug in play starter at QB.
He played against Clemson and a top 5 FSU team on the road…

He looked like a true freshmen against Clemson yet still pulled off a win… he had us on a game winning drive to beat said Top 5 ranked FSU in Doak till his injury leaving it all on the line for a first down…

Sorry he didn’t look like Johnny Football or cam newton as a true freshmen…

He played against Clemson and a top 5 FSU team on the road…

He looked like a true freshmen against Clemson yet still pulled off a win… he had us on a game winning drive to beat said Top 5 ranked FSU in Doak till his injury leaving it all on the line for a first down…

Sorry he didn’t look like Johnny Football or cam newton as a true freshmen…
Just saying he didn't prove that he deserves to be the starter next year.

Advertisement

I expect emory Williams to start at QB for UM.
1 Season of a transfer
1-2 seasons of Emory
Luke Nickel wins a Natty

I expect emory Williams to start at QB for UM.
1 Season of a transfer
1-2 seasons of Emory
Luke Nickel wins a Natty
Emory has skills… As a true freshman he went against two of the better defenses in the country. He did well enough for us to win both.

He will be competing for a starting spot if he can get healthy and put muscle on quickly but nothing is guaranteed with injuries.

Hopefully he isn’t shook by a portal QB. We need him to develop and push our starter and hopefully be the guy between a “Ward” then “Nickel” otherwise we end up playing the portal game at QB the next 3 years.

Expecting Nickel to come in and ball out as a freshman would be nice… but unrealistic.

We won’t know anything about JB until the bowl game and if he decides to stay.

Advertisement
Back