QB Waiver Wire

I'd stick with the guys we got but when Brissett was transferring from UF that's who Golden should of gotten. He wanted to come here and golden was still butt hurt from when he picked UF out of High School. He would of had 2 years and when he was done it would of been a rs jr in Olsen and a rs sophmore in Kaaya.

Except that you're assuming he was as promising as when he was a HS senior. There was actually film on him at the D1 level which gives you a lot more data to use to decide. Your assumption that Golden didn't take his transfer because he was "butthurt" is presumptuous. Was Kyle Wright worth 1/10th of his HS SR value after 2 years at UM? Would every school in America snapped him up the way they wanted to when he was in HS? No. The idea that the staff is so emotional that they would ****** the ability of the team to win is idiotic, and really just a reflection of the fan base making stupid assumptions.

He is making a whole lot of assumptions there. Was it even a possibility to transfer to Miami? Would FL release him at the time? Butt hurt? Jesus Christ, Golden may be a lot of things people don't like, but he is not some high school girl crying about the one that got away and then not taking his calls. This Brissett guy, is he the one who couldn't beat out Driskell?

Miami feels so good about quarterback that it quietly rejected recent overtures from the Gators' 2012 opening day starter. West Palm Beach Dwyer coach Jack Daniels said UM was the "top choice" of Jacoby Brissett, who is transferring from UF, but the Hurricanes informed him "they don't have room for him" because they have five quarterbacks on scholarship and a sixth (Kevin Olsen) arriving this summer. Brissett, rated the third-best duel purpose QB and 75th player overall in the 2011 class, completed 23 of 35 passes for 249 yards in 2012. He started the season opener against Bowling Green but was replaced after a quarter, replaced an injured Jeff Driskel and helped rally UF to avoid an upset loss against Louisiana-Lafayette, then started against Jacksonville State and threw for just 154 yards. He then lost the job to Driskel, decided to transfer, and likely will pick between North Carolina State and West Virginia, Daniels said.

Miami Herald

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/361830-miami-rejects-florida-qbs-transfer

Thanks. Where in there does it say Golden is butt hurt or that FL would release him to Miami?

Advertisement
I am not sure why we would get on the waiver wire for a QB. The transfer QB may have some college experience but more then likely they were a clip board holder for 4 years any way. Kaaya already has the playbook and is actively working with a QB coach to help him understand the playbook...A transfer would be just as if not more behind then Kaaya. I think we are fine if anything I would get another DT or LB.

Max Wittek is very good and very ready to start at the D-1 level. He would be a great addition imho.

Um, no. In his last start, 14-of-37 for 107 yards with 1 TD and 3 INTs. He looked totally inept and like a deer in headlights against GT in the Sun Bowl, then couldn't beat out Kessler last year. He's not very good and better left alone.

Max Wittek is very good and very ready to start at the D-1 level. He would be a great addition imho.

Um, no. In his last start, 14-of-37 for 107 yards with 1 TD and 3 INTs. He looked totally inept and like a deer in headlights against GT in the Sun Bowl, then couldn't beat out Kessler last year. He's not very good and better left alone.
um, no. when he starts for Texas this season you can smile because you haven't paid attention to his development.

"Wittek is a greedy quarterback that is always pressuring the defensive backfield. He has tremendous vision and always wants to make the big play before checking down to his shorter routes. He has a quick release and a strong arm. He struggles with accuracy at times, but shows poise under pressure and a willingness to hang in the pocket and take a hit. A gun-slinger mentality, Wittek likes the high risk, high reward throws - Scott Kennedy"

Sound like anyone?

283.jpg

Advertisement
"Wittek is a greedy quarterback that is always pressuring the defensive backfield. He has tremendous vision and always wants to make the big play before checking down to his shorter routes. He has a quick release and a strong arm. He struggles with accuracy at times, but shows poise under pressure and a willingness to hang in the pocket and take a hit. A gun-slinger mentality, Wittek likes the high risk, high reward throws - Scott Kennedy"

Sound like anyone?

283.jpg
yeah your correct. He's SM… "what was i thinking?" i should have cut and pasted a paragraph off the internet and put it with a picture of Morris looking silly. He doesn't have what it takes. He never progressed. He is bad. Not even worth a look. Thank you so much.
247.gif

Last edited:
I'd stick with the guys we got but when Brissett was transferring from UF that's who Golden should of gotten. He wanted to come here and golden was still butt hurt from when he picked UF out of High School. He would of had 2 years and when he was done it would of been a rs jr in Olsen and a rs sophmore in Kaaya.

Except that you're assuming he was as promising as when he was a HS senior. There was actually film on him at the D1 level which gives you a lot more data to use to decide. Your assumption that Golden didn't take his transfer because he was "butthurt" is presumptuous. Was Kyle Wright worth 1/10th of his HS SR value after 2 years at UM? Would every school in America snapped him up the way they wanted to when he was in HS? No. The idea that the staff is so emotional that they would ****** the ability of the team to win is idiotic, and really just a reflection of the fan base making stupid assumptions.

He is making a whole lot of assumptions there. Was it even a possibility to transfer to Miami? Would FL release him at the time? Butt hurt? Jesus Christ, Golden may be a lot of things people don't like, but he is not some high school girl crying about the one that got away and then not taking his calls. This Brissett guy, is he the one who couldn't beat out Driskell?

Miami feels so good about quarterback that it quietly rejected recent overtures from the Gators' 2012 opening day starter. West Palm Beach Dwyer coach Jack Daniels said UM was the "top choice" of Jacoby Brissett, who is transferring from UF, but the Hurricanes informed him "they don't have room for him" because they have five quarterbacks on scholarship and a sixth (Kevin Olsen) arriving this summer. Brissett, rated the third-best duel purpose QB and 75th player overall in the 2011 class, completed 23 of 35 passes for 249 yards in 2012. He started the season opener against Bowling Green but was replaced after a quarter, replaced an injured Jeff Driskel and helped rally UF to avoid an upset loss against Louisiana-Lafayette, then started against Jacksonville State and threw for just 154 yards. He then lost the job to Driskel, decided to transfer, and likely will pick between North Carolina State and West Virginia, Daniels said.

Miami Herald

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/361830-miami-rejects-florida-qbs-transfer

I don't follow swampball, so I di not realize how badly he stunk it up when he got his chance. I'm guessing Al said no because the kid proved he stunk and is still a diva anyway. Plus the source is that smuck Daniels being quoted in the Herald -- that is like believing what a politician says.

Sound like anyone?

283.jpg
yeah your correct. He's SM… "what was i thinking?" i should have cut and pasted a paragraph off the internet and put it with a picture of Morris looking silly. He doesn't have what it takes. He never progressed. He is bad. Not even worth a look. Thank you so much.
247.gif

257.gif

Sound like anyone?

283.jpg
247.gif

257.gif

didn't mean to like.

Advertisement

um, no. when he starts for Texas this season you can smile because you haven't paid attention to his development.

He looked awful the times I watched him at USC ,probably why he's transferring .

Last edited:

Miami Herald

So you read quotes from his Gator loving HS coach on "Fan Nation" that Miami (no names) told JB that we didn't have room for him, and you think that actually means that Miami:

A) Actually had the opportunity to add him
B) Not only rejected him, but that it was surely because we didn't have room, and it had nothing to do with his talent?

When you were in HS and the girl you liked told you that she valued your friendship too much to date you... you believed her, didn't you?:)

Miami Herald

So you read quotes from his Gator loving HS coach on "Fan Nation" that Miami (no names) told JB that we didn't have room for him, and you think that actually means that Miami:

A) Actually had the opportunity to add him
B) Not only rejected him, but that it was surely because we didn't have room, and it had nothing to do with his talent?

When you were in HS and the girl you liked told you that she valued your friendship too much to date you... you believed her, didn't you?:)
You were saying........

Advertisement

****, didn't realize Brisset is on pace for 3,200+ yards, 31 TDs, and 2 INTs.

Advertisement
****, didn't realize Brisset is on pace for 3,200+ yards, 31 TDs, and 2 INTs.

The idea that the staff is so emotional that they would ****** the ability of the team to win is idiotic, and really just a reflection of you making stupid assumptions.

Didn't really get why we didn't take him at the time, I guess it seems like piling on now. Not entirely sure he would be as good here as he is under Doeren, that's a pretty good system fit. Would rather have him on our roster than someone else's I guess is my point.

Oh well. Kaaya is a stud, and long term I like him better. Not entirely sure Kaaya would be here if we had taken Briseett AND Olsen in the class ahead of him.

boom

Advertisement
Back