QB Waiver Wire

Official Cane Gang

Sophomore
Now that spring football is coming to an end for some schools, kids are starting to look around.

Couple that are looking

Jalen Whitlow, Kentucky (Would have to RS)
Max Wittek, USC
Tyler Matthews, TCU
Stephen Rivers, LSU

I feel like we should bring in a kid who has some experience, and will only be here for a year or two.

Any chance or any other names you guys have heard?

Advertisement
I highly doubt it. I'm pretty sure we're filled to the brim with schollies and I don't think we really have any interest in any of these anyways.

Gotta roll with what you got here. Two very highly rated kids, a guy in his third year in the program, and Rozier who Coley loves. This is the first chance we get to look at this staffs QB's. At some point, if **** keeps going wrong, there has to be accountability. The talent is there.

My gut tells me Kaaya emerges as the guy. But as long as somebody does, I'm happy. This is a chance to set up a dynasty, and sell people on our QB of the future.

I'd stick with the guys we got but when Brissett was transferring from UF that's who Golden should of gotten. He wanted to come here and golden was still butt hurt from when he picked UF out of High School. He would of had 2 years and when he was done it would of been a rs jr in Olsen and a rs sophmore in Kaaya.

Advertisement
I believe Kaaya wins out with special packages for Rosier but I would've loved to see Treon competing here as well. Still can't believe he went to u*** over a school three of his brothers played for and knowing his dad would be on staff

Advertisement
Facebook stalked, Wittek and Coley are recent friends.... lmao

273.jpg

A little different when you have Morris and a healthy Williams when having to decide to bring in Brissett for a 2nd chance.

UM

I'd stick with the guys we got but when Brissett was transferring from UF that's who Golden should of gotten. He wanted to come here and golden was still butt hurt from when he picked UF out of High School. He would of had 2 years and when he was done it would of been a rs jr in Olsen and a rs sophmore in Kaaya.

Except that you're assuming he was as promising as when he was a HS senior. There was actually film on him at the D1 level which gives you a lot more data to use to decide. Your assumption that Golden didn't take his transfer because he was "butthurt" is presumptuous. Was Kyle Wright worth 1/10th of his HS SR value after 2 years at UM? Would every school in America snapped him up the way they wanted to when he was in HS? No. The idea that the staff is so emotional that they would ****** the ability of the team to win is idiotic, and really just a reflection of the fan base making stupid assumptions.

Advertisement
Max Wittek is very good and very ready to start at the D-1 level. He would be a great addition imho.

Max Wittek is very good and very ready to start at the D-1 level. He would be a great addition imho.

I just don't see how it would be possible though.

It would create too much turmoil to sign a veteran QB now. Think of the extrapolations.

RW comes back healthy for Nebraska. Olsen still trying to develop. Here comes Kaaya...Now others are talking about Rozier.

Signing a potential starter right now is inviting AIDS.

A little different when you have Morris and a healthy Williams when having to decide to bring in Brissett for a 2nd chance.

UM

BS

He wasn't eligible to play until this year and Morris is gone. Also, he made the decision to transfer in January of 2013 and Williams looked like **** the previous spring...

Advertisement

Except that you're assuming he was as promising as when he was a HS senior. There was actually film on him at the D1 level which gives you a lot more data to use to decide. Your assumption that Golden didn't take his transfer because he was "butthurt" is presumptuous. Was Kyle Wright worth 1/10th of his HS SR value after 2 years at UM? Would every school in America snapped him up the way they wanted to when he was in HS? No. The idea that the staff is so emotional that they would ****** the ability of the team to win is idiotic, and really just a reflection of the fan base making stupid assumptions.

He is making a whole lot of assumptions there. Was it even a possibility to transfer to Miami? Would FL release him at the time? Butt hurt? Jesus Christ, Golden may be a lot of things people don't like, but he is not some high school girl crying about the one that got away and then not taking his calls. This Brissett guy, is he the one who couldn't beat out Driskell?

He is making a whole lot of assumptions there. Was it even a possibility to transfer to Miami? Would FL release him at the time? Butt hurt? Jesus Christ, Golden may be a lot of things people don't like, but he is not some high school girl crying about the one that got away and then not taking his calls. This Brissett guy, is he the one who couldn't beat out Driskell?

Miami feels so good about quarterback that it quietly rejected recent overtures from the Gators' 2012 opening day starter. West Palm Beach Dwyer coach Jack Daniels said UM was the "top choice" of Jacoby Brissett, who is transferring from UF, but the Hurricanes informed him "they don't have room for him" because they have five quarterbacks on scholarship and a sixth (Kevin Olsen) arriving this summer. Brissett, rated the third-best duel purpose QB and 75th player overall in the 2011 class, completed 23 of 35 passes for 249 yards in 2012. He started the season opener against Bowling Green but was replaced after a quarter, replaced an injured Jeff Driskel and helped rally UF to avoid an upset loss against Louisiana-Lafayette, then started against Jacksonville State and threw for just 154 yards. He then lost the job to Driskel, decided to transfer, and likely will pick between North Carolina State and West Virginia, Daniels said.

Miami Herald

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/361830-miami-rejects-florida-qbs-transfer

UM

BS

He wasn't eligible to play until this year and Morris is gone. Also, he made the decision to transfer in January of 2013 and Williams looked like **** the previous spring...

Not an accurate assessment.

Debatable- I wasn't the only person with that opinion. Even Williams and Golden were being as diplomatic as possible about
it.
http://beta.sportingnews.com/article/2253456-miami-hurricanes-spring-football-2012-ryan-williams-qb-battle-stephen-morris

Advertisement
Back