QB talk via Matt Porter(Now with more sauces)

fincane

Senior
N’Kosi Perry working on poise; Ahmmon Richards on QBs; Thomas Brown on offense, RBs, WRs, TEs | Canes Watch

N’Kosi Perry has type of talent that leads to fans thinking he’ll be The Next Big Thing.

UM offensive coordinator Thomas Brown has a long list of big things for Perry to work on.

Asked how the true freshman has performed so far this week, Brown said Perry is just trying to stabilize his emotions, trying to perform at a high level while riding the ebb and flow of his first fall camp.

“The biggest thing with him and most young quarterbacks are the poise that he has,” Brown said. “Make sure that guys don’t get too frustrated, and also don’t get too high. [Don’t] throw a great touchdown pass and linger on for four periods. Move on, whether it’s a good play or a bad play. He’s done a really good job of keeping poised and being consistent for the most part, but there’s still a lot of ways to improve.”

When Perry is running the first unit — as all Miami’s quarterback contenders have been given a chance to this fall — what is Brown seeing?

“I think all four of the guys who are getting reps right now are being pretty consistent and working their butts off,” he said. “There’s still a ways to go in the competition. We’ll see what happens.”

Brown isn’t the only UM staffer or player being ultra-careful in their quarterback comments, as the program continues to determine who the starter will be. Sources who have watched practice have said Perry has an outstanding throwing arm and mobility in the pocket, and he certainly seems to be the overwhelming fan favorite. But Malik Rosier has had a strong showing so far, according to sources, and Evan Shirreffs has been consistent. Cade Weldon appears to be the No. 4.

Advertisement
Sources say Perry has a strong arm and moves well. Who are the sources? Every sighted person in the world?

From the outside, Brown seems like a tool. Might just be tough talk. Underwhelming thus far IMO.

Advertisement
Every outlet is packaging the exact same interviews in their own slightly different but basically the same way. You can see and/or hear them all asking and listening to the same questions at every interview. Nothing new or different coming from Porter. Same things we already read everywhere else.

Advertisement
Richt gonna be da source when he talks to media after the scrimmage. Even with coach speak it should shed some light on the situation.

"Brown isn’t the only UM staffer or player being ultra-careful in their quarterback comments..."

Translation: Brown has yet to anoint N'Kosi Perry the Second Coming, and this ****es off reporters who have been over-hyping him for over a year now.

Brown said everything that needed to be said for anybody who really wanted to hear the answer to the question he was asked; Basically, "what more do we need to see from N'Kosi before he's the starter?"

Coach Brown said, "A lot more. A LOT MORE. We haven't even started the situational stuff yet; 3rd downs, red zone, we haven't even played a scrimmage."

The problem is that this isn't the answer people want to hear.

Advertisement
**** of an update

LOL for some reason Pete does not like Matt. I enjoy reading most of his stuff.

There are reasons not to like him. I find him to be a smug, smarmy wannabe hipster with a very punchable face.

Doesn't work that hard at his job, throws shade it people that do, and thinks he's above it all.

But that's just me.

**** of an update

LOL for some reason Pete does not like Matt. I enjoy reading most of his stuff.

There are reasons not to like him. I find him to be a smug, smarmy wannabe hipster with a very punchable face.

Doesn't work that hard at his job, throws shade it people that do, and thinks he's above it all.

But that's just me.

You forgot that he doesn't know the difference between punt coverage and punt return units.

Advertisement
Back