Qb spin cycle

A1cane

Junior
With king coming of an acl tear question for u guys seeing as he will probably be cleared a month before the game for full speed play do you guys think we should play van dyke,Garcia,matocha first game as the odds king is 100 is low. I know we lower our low odds but could save king for rest of the season

Advertisement
With king coming of an acl tear question for u guys seeing as he will probably be cleared a month before the game for full speed play do you guys think we should play van dyke,Garcia,matocha first game as the odds king is 100 is low. I know we lower our low odds but could save king for rest of the season
"U play the game to WIN"

The coaching and medical staff are preparing as of King will be 100% before week 1

Here we go again CIS. What the heck happen with all the N'Kosi coming back talk? "Goodness gracious"

Advertisement
While he won't be ready to play full contact football that approximate timeline, my guess he will be allowed to at least throw in 7v7 type scenarios as well as 1v1 or skelly, which is what is mostly needed.
Needs to get his passing timing and deep shots calculated better.

You go ahead and practice like if King left for the draft. When king gets back you get him in football shape and if he outshines the QB that has been practicing since January you put King in. End of story.
Isn't that going to happen by default with spring ball and summer workouts? He will either be cleared for fall practice or he won't. Until then the 3 will be get the reps.

Advertisement
You go ahead and practice like if King left for the draft. When king gets back you get him in football shape and if he outshines the QB that has been practicing since January you put King in. End of story.
I see a QB controversy in the near future. TVD tears it up all spring and summer, then King gets the starting nod against Bama.

I don't care who wins the job, but I want our O to look better than last year. If that's with King, great. If the O works better with someone else, I am fine with that as well. I can't lie, I was underwhelmed by our O this past season. I was hoping King would have a full offseason, then he got injured. I felt the entire O needed an offseason to improve together.

Let's just hope one of the three other guys steps up and is a solid option moving forward. ****, I hope all three step up and show they can run the O while King is sidelined. There's a good chance we'll need a backup or two this year.

If King is ready obviously he's the guy. I hope he is 100% by game one including mentally, but that will definitely be a challenge.

The ACL analyses crack me up. I tore my ACL three years ago at the age of 30 and was back playing soccer at full speed (and confidence) and without a brace within 8 months. There is literally a week by week instruction book to follow through recovery. I’m not a D1 athlete (arguably not an athlete at all), but I can follow directions and go to the gym. I have no doubts King can do the same. He will miss spring ball and be no contact for most of summer ball.

Not worried.

Advertisement
Why does this keep getting brought up? For one, there's no way it would be Garcia. Even if he is the highest rated qb recruit we've had for a long while, that doens't mean a true freshman can come in during a pandemic and have spring and a fall camp only and immediately start against the reigning national champs. Like what?
Right now the coaches are game planning for King being back. If something happens I'm sure they will have a backup plan and it would probably be Van Dyke.

Advertisement
Back