QB Room & 12 Frosh 1st Team depth...Making a case..

m-vac

Recruit
Obviously TVD is playing well and proving he can lead on the field, with offense putting up good numbers. Garcia, who I personally like as he pushes the ball down field and is very accurate. Top level mechanics, and then add in Jacurri Brown next year, who is an extreme athlete, great build, long arms & legs, and can throw it & run it, unlike many athletic type QB's. The QB room hasn't been this good in forever, since the 80's. This is due to Lashlee. So I have said Manny isn't the guy in games, but has done everything else right and the kids love him and fight for him. Why are we so eager to boot him, which would also include the staff, especially when there are no great alternatives??

Add that to the fact we have 12 frosh on the first team depth chart. Project what that D line, O line, secondary, RB's & WR's, TE's will look like? LB has been an issue but Steed has really come on, and we have some length on the depth that with each year gives the potential to improve the position, if not through the portal. Get back some of the key players from injury as well. LT, JHH, Harvey, Chantz, Roberts & depth behind them could be an excellent D line. Obviously the secondary with both Williams, kitchens, TS, T'cory, the incoming frosh & depth on the team like Balom will be excellent. Same thing on the offensive side of the ball, which will all be about the O line, and I think they will continue to improve as they have this year. The point is, this could be a battle tested young team next year, or it may not be if we pull the plug.

Things got worse before getting better, and we need to ride with Manny one more year, on a relative short leash....Weigh this out and tell me realistically, what's a better alternative??

Advertisement
No great alternatives?!?!? Please tell me you are trolling................this is a better alternative than Manny
https://image.shutterstock.com/image-photo/****-isolated-on-white-background-260nw-692572072.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
200.gif

Advertisement
No great alternatives?!?!? Please tell me you are trolling................this is a better alternative than Manny
https://image.shutterstock.com/image-photo/****-isolated-on-white-background-260nw-692572072.jpg
not at all...so you tell everyone what the better alternatives are then?? That's the problem, uneducated, unrealistic fans.

Like I said, I don't have the confidence in Manny as a tactician in game coach, but being surrounded by great people/staff can offset that.

Best QB room since the 80's - fact
Done a great job building the program and culture. The kids are fighting and haven't quit and support manny. they trust him. That's huge - Fact
Signed two 5 stars in the same class in 8-10 years, and both have already proven to be ballers. - fact
Has pulled in NFL level talent through the portal maybe better than anyone, despite some **** years record wise. - fact
Has improved the talent level on the O line, and the best is yet to come for what's on the roster - fact
Has been flexible, identified weaknesses and addressed them continuously - fact
Brought on Ed reed & opened the program back up to utilizing its alumni base - fact

Next year sets up to be and should be a top 6 finish in the country, and if he falters then get rid of him, but doing it prematurely is just stupid for a program who has rinsed and repeat for two decades.

So what are the alternatives???? Anyone can throw out names, like Nick saban lol. Lane kiffin, really???? I do think Stoops is a potential, but its a step backwards if staying with his offense, and it fully matters what his staff would be. Cristobal isn't leaving. He will be Miami's coach at some point, but no next year. I state facts, you state ****, literally.

not at all...so you tell everyone what the better alternatives are then?? That's the problem, uneducated, unrealistic fans.

Like I said, I don't have the confidence in Manny as a tactician in game coach, but being surrounded by great people/staff can offset that.

Done a great job building the program and culture. The kids are fighting and haven't quit and support manny. they trust him. That's huge - Fact
Signed two 5 stars in the same class in 8-10 years, and both have already proven to be ballers. - fact
Has pulled in NFL level talent through the portal maybe better than anyone, despite some **** years record wise. - fact
Has improved the talent level on the O line, and the best is yet to come for what's on the roster - fact
Brought on Ed reed & opened the program back up to utilizing its alumni base - fact

Next year sets up to be and should be a top 6 finish in the country, and if he falters then get rid of him, but doing it prematurely is just stupid for a program who has rinsed and repeat for two decades.

So what are the alternatives???? Anyone can throw out names, like Nick saban lol. Lane kiffin, really???? I do think Stoops is a potential, but its a step backwards if staying with his offense, and it fully matters what his staff would be. Cristobal isn't leaving. He will be Miami's coach at some point, but no next year. I state facts, you state ****, literally.
Thank you, I am dying laughing!

OP the problem is that Manny Diaz does not know what he is doing. He simply cannot coach. He accepted mediocrity from the beginning of his tenure (dropped passes, missed assignments, poor blocking, unwarranted mistakes) and the resulting message is just the good ole try is good enough. And defensively its clear that --because he has relied on gimmicks rather than the basics-- he does not really know how to teach the fundamentals of defense including tackling, taking the right pursuit angles, gap integrity. And add to that the lack of discipline and overall toughness. Manny cannot get his players attention well enough to make those things happen. I don't understand your post, it is obvious to just about everybody that he just does not know what he is doing and because of that he cannot improve. SMH

Advertisement

Most of your “facts” are opinions. Best qb room? You’re projecting how good you think a rs freshman, true freshman and Hs senior are going to be.
And you have zero credibility if you think we will be top 6 next year…

Advertisement
Oh the kids love manny? Huh didn’t know that. Let’s see how many portal their way outta town if he is retained

Advertisement
I'm amazed how many people are publicly drooling over Manny after his illustrious victory over the mighty Wolfpack. Its almost like we haven't lost to every other FBS school we played this year.

Obviously TVD is playing well and proving he can lead on the field, with offense putting up good numbers. Garcia, who I personally like as he pushes the ball down field and is very accurate. Top level mechanics, and then add in Jacurri Brown next year, who is an extreme athlete, great build, long arms & legs, and can throw it & run it, unlike many athletic type QB's. The QB room hasn't been this good in forever, since the 80's. This is due to Lashlee. So I have said Manny isn't the guy in games, but has done everything else right and the kids love him and fight for him. Why are we so eager to boot him, which would also include the staff, especially when there are no great alternatives??

Add that to the fact we have 12 frosh on the first team depth chart. Project what that D line, O line, secondary, RB's & WR's, TE's will look like? LB has been an issue but Steed has really come on, and we have some length on the depth that with each year gives the potential to improve the position, if not through the portal. Get back some of the key players from injury as well. LT, JHH, Harvey, Chantz, Roberts & depth behind them could be an excellent D line. Obviously the secondary with both Williams, kitchens, TS, T'cory, the incoming frosh & depth on the team like Balom will be excellent. Same thing on the offensive side of the ball, which will all be about the O line, and I think they will continue to improve as they have this year. The point is, this could be a battle tested young team next year, or it may not be if we pull the plug.

Things got worse before getting better, and we need to ride with Manny one more year, on a relative short leash....Weigh this out and tell me realistically, what's a better alternative??
Manny is the reason we are in this predicament... and don't want another freshman loaded team next year and the following years... these bums can't develop or control players.

They created the problem by continuing to play upper classmen instead basing it on performance.

Bye Manny!

Advertisement
Back