QB play for our next game

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Yes, Diaz is dead man walking, so this isn't about saving his job - let's get that out of the way.

I want to discuss who will take snaps and what the strategy will/should be.

Both seem promising and I know a lot of people are all about Garcia, but we really don't have a body of evidence to determine that TVD isn't the guy.

Here's what I think should happen: Start TVD, give him the 1st quarter, or a turnover caused by him (INT or fumble) to see if he is operating the team well. If he is operating the offense well, if we're putting up points, if he isn't tuning the ball over, etc., then you keep him in until it becomes a blow out and then you yank him and get Garcia reps.

If TVD isn't operating well, if he isn't moving the ball efficiently, if he isn't making good decisions, if we aren't putting up points, if he turns the ball over even once, then you yank him and see what Jake can do and you do that early.

Since it appears that King is out for the year, we can/should use this as the "King of the Hill Drill" and whoever wins it during this game, gets the nod against UVA. I could give a rats tail about playing TVD just because he's been here longer.

Here's what I think will happen: I think Diaz will start TVD and will only yank him out after at least 2 turnovers and complete inefficiency late in the 3rd quarter when the boo birds are out.

Having said all that, if Lashlee/Diaz believe we have a better shot starting with Garcia, I'm totally good with that too and the same rules for TVD I mentioned above, should apply to Jake. This isn't Rocket science, but the Diaz staff tries make simple matters seem that way so we stupid fans will stop questioning and still spend money on the Canes.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
So you start with taking Manny out of it and end with Manny….

Both will play. TVD will start. Garcia will get drives. They both need to be ready. One’s the starter, the other’s the backup. For the foreseeable future.

They both get reps.

Yes, Diaz is dead man walking, so this isn't about saving his job - let's get that out of the way.

Both seem promising and I know a lot of people are all about Garcia, but we really don't have a body of evidence to determine that TVD isn't the guy.

Here's what I think should happen: Start TVD, give him the 1st quarter, or a turnover caused by him (INT or fumble) to see if he is operating the team well. If he is operating the offense well, if we're putting up points, if he isn't tuning the ball over, etc., then you keep him in until it becomes a blow out and then you yank him and get Garcia reps.

If TVD isn't operating well, if he isn't moving the ball efficiently, if he isn't making good decisions, if we aren't putting up points, if he turns the ball over even once, then you yank him and see what Jake can do and you do that early.

Since it appears that King is out for the year, we can/should use this as the "King of the Hill Drill" and whoever wins it during this game, gets the nod against UVA. I could give a rats tail about playing TVD just because he's been here longer.

Here's what I think will happen: I think Diaz will start TVD and will only yank him out after at least 2 turnovers and complete inefficiency late in the 3rd quarter when the boo birds are out.

Having said all that, if Lashlee/Diaz believe we have a better shot starting with Garcia, I'm totally good with that too and the same rules for TVD I mentioned above, should apply to Jake. This isn't Rocket science, but the Diaz staff tries make simple matters seem that way so we stupid fans will stop questioning and still spend money on the Canes.

Thoughts?

I think Mario Cristobal or Lane Kiffin will have a championship-caliber QB on the roster.

Advertisement
What I would do,:

Start TVD or Garcia with a plan to give him the first three possessions. He can earn a fourth by executing the offense well, i.e. scoring, plus given a grace of one posession if there is a turnover not his fault or a possession stalls due to penalities not his responsibility. A missed FG counts a scoring for this purpose.

Then put in the other QB with the same provisions.

Repeat.

Give Mocha (or whatever his name is) some 4th quarter PT as well.

I want to see these players do EVERYTHING that THEY can to win this conference. I understand it may be unrealistic due to who is coaching them but i want to see if King rubbed off on them in terms of intangibles.

Thoughts?
IF King is really out.

Who is taking snaps at practiCe practiSing their skills?

Advertisement
I say this knowing Rhett has been bad this year and I risk looking like a fool, but I expect the offense to look a lot better with TVD and/or Garcia.

They are purer passers in the same vein as N’Kosi, and we saw how the O opened up with N’Kosi in.

It’ll be a lot more than bubble screens and dropped slants to Harley (I hope).

I think both should have reps with the ones. In other words, don't play one most game and then when its a blowout put the other in. Let both go through live bullets with the ones, although not sure if you can call Central Conn's first team "one's" but then again look where we're at. Maybe give TVD 1 & 3rd quarters and Jake 2 & 4th quarters... just so they both get some looks with the first teams. Obviously, you have to get a feel for the game and adjust accordingly.

The thing is you could trot me out for tomorrow’s game and we would win by 40+

Central CT is awful and this game is meaningless, it would have been better to do a live scrimmage against each other than play this ****bag team which is why it’s meaningless the TF play if Manny is just going to play the seniors again for the UVA game

Central CT is awful and this game is meaningless, it would have been better to do a live scrimmage against each other than play this ****bag team which is why it’s meaningless the TF play if Manny is just going to play the seniors again for the UVA game
Vegas has you only at +18.5

Advertisement
I think it's pretty much a given that TVD will get the start. I think Lashlee will let him go for a few possessions to let him settle in, no matter what he does. If he doesn't seem to take control, I think you'll see Garcia right away.

If TVD plays really well, maybe he'll give him the first half and then see what Garcia does. Same process for Jake.

Using two QBs is never easy... No one on this board has seen them since last spring...

I’m gonna say there’s no way we win by 40 tomorrow.Would love to see it for the simple fact it would mean our offense is actually operating effectively,albeit again a trash team,and the defense had actually tackled someone again against a trash team….just don’t think it happens.

Advertisement
I’d rotate them every 2 series. Give both opportunity to play with same line and skill players. Only way to find out whose got a better handle.

forget any QBs .... just line up in a Wildcat and give Cam 60+ carries

Miami will win anyway and the ****** Cavaliers DC won't have any good film to review.

Two courses of action:

1. Lashlee calls a better, spread out offense and gives these guys the opportunity to sling it downfield and the offense look more like the Lashlee SMU offense.

2. Lashlee keeps the same offense he has been calling. Harris (and Browns 15 appeasement snaps) gets nowhere on the delayed handoffs. Less mobile QBs get annihilated by the ineffective blocking scheme and the defenses stacked box.

We don't know yet but the next two games will reveal the truth.

I’m gonna say there’s no way we win by 40 tomorrow.Would love to see it for the simple fact it would mean our offense is actually operating effectively,albeit again a trash team,and the defense had actually tackled someone again against a trash team….just don’t think it happens.

They are awful

Advertisement
Back