2025 QB Luke Nickel, Alpharetta, GA

A few thoughts.

- Tougher than he is fast on the ground.
- Curious if his accuracy on the run is even close to what he showed on tape. A few clips don’t tell the whole season, but what we see is impressive.
- His receivers did not create a lot of separation, but the ball placement was still precise.
- Not a lot of floaters or balls behind his man.
- Arm strength not an issue. Even on the run.
- I can’t reconcile the accuracy on the tape with the 58% completion. Not bad for a soph, but I’d like to watch a few games, see where the issues are.
- Quick release. Evident right away that he generates a lot of power without a big wind up. Probably because he is actually strong, not trying to be strong.

I like him. Probably the best tape we’ve had in awhile from a commit. If he progresses (and hopefully grows a little), could be a mid 4* kid. Maybe higher, but he doesn’t need to be to be a value add.

You had me at tough…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hopefully not a kid who has an SEC offer in mind and will stay locked in down the road as those offers will come his way. Seems like a smart kid based on the interview

Advertisement
We seem to like Jawjuh QB's these days.
If we pull JuJu Smith in the 26 cycle, that would be 4 straight years of GA QBs and I might even shed a tear. However, the odds of that are remote (hopefully, someone will throw this quote back in my face a couple years from now about it not aging well).

If we pull JuJu Smith in the 26 cycle, that would be 4 straight years of GA QBs and I might even shed a tear. However, the odds of that are remote (hopefully, someone will throw this quote back in my face a couple years from now about it not aging well).
He didn't list us in his top 5

Advertisement
He’s going to reclassify and end up a 25 kid

Advertisement
A few thoughts.

- Tougher than he is fast on the ground.
- Curious if his accuracy on the run is even close to what he showed on tape. A few clips don’t tell the whole season, but what we see is impressive.
- His receivers did not create a lot of separation, but the ball placement was still precise.
- Not a lot of floaters or balls behind his man.
- Arm strength not an issue. Even on the run.
- I can’t reconcile the accuracy on the tape with the 58% completion. Not bad for a soph, but I’d like to watch a few games, see where the issues are.
- Quick release. Evident right away that he generates a lot of power without a big wind up. Probably because he is actually strong, not trying to be strong.

I like him. Probably the best tape we’ve had in awhile from a commit. If he progresses (and hopefully grows a little), could be a mid 4* kid. Maybe higher, but he doesn’t need to be to be a value add.

Perfect post. I agree with it all but I'm most interested in the bolded. Ball placement looks **** near elite for someone his age but we're only getting the highlights so I take it with a grain of salt. And I'm always concerned when the completion % isn't where I want it but with not watching full games of his, I can't really ascertain the issue.

Hopefully not a kid who has an SEC offer in mind and will stay locked in down the road as those offers will come his way. Seems like a smart kid based on the interview
I like the fact, for UM, that he mentioned in his interview listening to Lil Baby. Some of the metro Atlanta kids are more the UGA type, and some are more the UM type. This young man strikes me as more the UM type. A little more city, a little less country.

Advertisement
Back