2025 QB Luke Nickel, Alpharetta, GA

Advertisement
Way to go Mario!!!! beat out Boston College and East Carolina for a stud 2025 QB.
Kobe Bryant GIF

ā€œā€¦ā€¦from now on nothing goes down unless Iā€™m involvedā€¦.A Nickel bag gets sold in the park I want inā€¦ā€¦ā€¦itā€™s my turnā€

Frank White

Advertisement
A few thoughts.

- Tougher than he is fast on the ground.
- Curious if his accuracy on the run is even close to what he showed on tape. A few clips donā€™t tell the whole season, but what we see is impressive.
- His receivers did not create a lot of separation, but the ball placement was still precise.
- Not a lot of floaters or balls behind his man.
- Arm strength not an issue. Even on the run.
- I canā€™t reconcile the accuracy on the tape with the 58% completion. Not bad for a soph, but Iā€™d like to watch a few games, see where the issues are.
- Quick release. Evident right away that he generates a lot of power without a big wind up. Probably because he is actually strong, not trying to be strong.

I like him. Probably the best tape weā€™ve had in awhile from a commit. If he progresses (and hopefully grows a little), could be a mid 4* kid. Maybe higher, but he doesnā€™t need to be to be a value add.

Advertisement
A few thoughts.

- Tougher than he is fast on the ground.
- Curious if his accuracy on the run is even close to what he showed on tape. A few clips donā€™t tell the whole season, but what we see is impressive.
- His receivers did not create a lot of separation, but the ball placement was still precise.
- Not a lot of floaters or balls behind his man.
- Arm strength not an issue. Even on the run.
- I canā€™t reconcile the accuracy on the tape with the 58% completion. Not bad for a soph, but Iā€™d like to watch a few games, see where the issues are.
- Quick release. Evident right away that he generates a lot of power without a big wind up. Probably because he is actually strong, not trying to be strong.

I like him. Probably the best tape weā€™ve had in awhile from a commit. If he progresses (and hopefully grows a little), could be a mid 4* kid. Maybe higher, but he doesnā€™t need to be to be a value add.
šŸŽÆ , spot on critique, Luke will let the ā€œ force ā€œ to continue to grow with in him .
Heā€™s very patient a tremendous attribute in a QB not rattled easily at all he ignores it .
In the huddle his teammates notice this an calms them knowing the force is flowing in Luke.

From what we see and about to see in the coming year from Luke .

We got the right one baby , heā€™ll be a top 5 QB in the country no doubt about it.

GOCANES

Advertisement
šŸŽÆ , spot on critique, Luke will let the ā€œ force ā€œ to continue to grow with in him .
Heā€™s very patient a tremendous attribute in a QB not rattled easily at all he ignores it .
In the huddle his teammates notice this an calms them knowing the force is flowing in Luke.

From what we see and about to see in the coming year from Luke .

We got the right one baby , heā€™ll be a top 5 QB in the country no doubt about it.
Top 10 minimum. The U bias tax gotta factor that in.
GOCANES

This signals multiple good things to me.

1. Dawson is here for a little while and is already planning his future roster.

2. This is a really good evaluation by the staff this early on and with the recruiting calendar so sped up itā€™s a good job getting a QB in the boat for 25.

3. Georgia has produced some top talent I want to keep making in-roads in that state and this will help.

Advertisement

Given his apparent size from that photo, does it create concerns about skill position and offensive line players departing? At over 200 feet in height, there really isnā€™t much need for him to throw. He can merely step into the end zone.

Center to quarterback snaps could be a challenge, given the evident height differential.

watching his sophomore highlights last year. if he was just a sophomore doing that in the highest classification in GA, I dont know who the **** is making the rankings. This kid looks like a 4 star to me.
I expect for this to change. Even if it doesnā€™t, I donā€™t care. This kid is the truth.

Advertisement
Back