QB JT Daniels in transfer portal

DB4

Freshman

Would it be worth it for Miami to throw out a feeler for him? Assuming this season happens, he sits out 2020, can compete for the starting job after D'Eriq King.

Advertisement
Two things here:

Doesn't seem like USC wants him to leave and are keeping the door open. Supposedly he is looking because the belief is the NCAA will rule in favor of a one time transfer with no sitting.

2. this actually may make the USC QB room more appealing for MIller Moss. Don't necessarily think it helps us or anyone OS

Advertisement
Kedon Slovis basically took his job from him.

He was another hi ranked 5-star "Elite" QB from the Mater Dei program that threw for over 12,000yds & 152TD's in HS, but struggled immensely his True Freshman season, then got hurt last year as a Sophomore.

He has more arm talent than Martell, but Idk if he has the mental toughness to be a successful QB.

Obviously because of his injury you can't really judge him on last year & his TF season was bad, but his first year as a starter that can be expected. But even with that said, it's difficult to know if he has it upstairs to be a big time QB, could be another case of an overrated kid who peaked in HS. I'm NOT saying that's the case as of now, I'm just saying it's trending in that direction. However, we'll have to see how it ends up when he transfers to a new team & see what happens there.

If Lash wants him I would be good with it, but on eye test, I think we can hold out for a different QB in the Portal, or stick with TVD, Matocha & whoever we sign in the 21 class.

Basically, I personally wouldn't want him, but if Lash did I would trust his judgement.

Advertisement
He's got pinpoint accuracy but forces waaaaay too many throws into traffic. I would say it's worth a tire kick but I'm not crazy about going all in on him.

1587066890480.png

No thanks

He was another hi ranked 5-star "Elite" QB from the Mater Dei program that threw for over 12,000yds & 152TD's in HS, but struggled immensely his True Freshman season, then got hurt last year as a Sophomore.

He has more arm talent than Martell, but Idk if he has the mental toughness to be a successful QB.

Obviously because of his injury you can't really judge him on last year & his TF season was bad, but his first year as a starter that can be expected. But even with that said, it's difficult to know if he has it upstairs to be a big time QB, could be another case of an overrated kid who peaked in HS. I'm NOT saying that's the case as of now, I'm just saying it's trending in that direction. However, we'll have to see how it ends up when he transfers to a new team & see what happens there.

If Lash wants him I would be good with it, but on eye test, I think we can hold out for a different QB in the Portal, or stick with TVD, Matocha & whoever we sign in the 21 class.

Basically, I personally wouldn't want him, but if Lash did I would trust his judgement.

The mental part is interesting because he enrolled a year early and was getting spring reps when he was 17.

I think he will be fine but not the 1st round pick people projected he would be in high school.

Advertisement
I think the discussion is moot, since we only have one token left to use in this class, and that's currently allocated to Moise.

Advertisement
The mental part is interesting because he enrolled a year early and was getting spring reps when he was 17.

I think he will be fine but not the 1st round pick people projected he would be in high school.
Probably a cautionary tale. A lot of parents of QBs look to keep them back at some point to be more mature. He was a boy who won the starting job at USC and was thrown out there with grown men. I think that speaks to his talent. He beat out Slovis for the job too before his injury. I think he could still have a promising career in the right situation.

And Kedon Slovis is another Arizona QB who lit it up as a Freshman.

Like I always be telling yall... Go to TX & AZ for the QB's, they hit the ground the running.

Slovis is different than other AZ QBs bc he was coached by Kurt Warner. Most AZ kids don't get that level of coaching.

I liked Slovis more than JT though, so i can understand him looking around.

this

Advertisement
Back