Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
Realistically how much did this kid lose out on by playing the game? Not that anyone knows the number but in the NIL era with a recruit of his “caliber”

Hard to say. Even the "max" of what he could earn at Miami or Florida might never have been fully earned. And maybe he's better off in the Pac 12 compared to the SEC or ACC.

But assuming he would do well wherever he went...he has definitely lost millions, plural.

Advertisement
Poor kid gonna end up at Arizona St because he chased the bag one too many times

Oooof
Sesame Street Reaction GIF by ProBit Global

One thing that should be considered outside of us having a good laugh at UF. I am hoping this reels kids in a bit in regards to NIL and Rashada is the poster child of the kid that flew too close to the sun and got burned.

Oh lord, not this again. We are talking about Heisman candidate Shedeur Sanders here?

Look, if Rashada doesn't enroll until summer, there's no way he'll be in position to be a starter this year. And if Shedeur has a decent year at Colorado, he'll go in the draft.
So was TVD and he played better competition. You don’t know how Sanders will look. I think he’s a good player I’m not crapping on him. But off the top of my head they are losing 5 games alone right now. The point is, Rashada doesn’t seem like he’s going to sit. But I could be wrong

Advertisement
What is your issue with that scenario? Ruiz (Life Wallet) constructed a contract that offered a payment over a 4 year period totaling $6 million dollars and also included a clause that stipulated if the recruit reneged on the executed agreement and signed with another NIL entity that Life Wallet had the right to sue THAT entity for damages up to the full value of the LW NIL contract. Sounds like a smart attorney executed an iron clad agreement that in the end created problems with the Gator Collective who apparently didn't advise the Gator Guard the full details of the $$ commitment until AFTER the Collective had executed THEIR NIL with the Rashadas. The Gators blew it ... not Ruiz.
The issue is that the entire post was void of common sense, legal realities, or how any contract would be written. There very well could have been offset language in the contract, and agreed it would be smart to do so, since a verbal commitment is worth toilet paper. But that would only apply to the amounts already paid out (ie the signing bonus). If he got $500k or something then sure maybe that portion. So unless you think Ruiz and LW have Rashada the full $6m on his non-binding verbal commitment, then no, there is a 0.0% chance this is true, nor does it make any common or business sense if you take a step back and think about it.

Setting up these NIL contracts to make it a breach to NOT commit to a certain school is considered illegal and inducement.

What most do have is in-person attendance and meeting guidelines that make it difficult for a college aged player to meet and fulfill from another institution.

If the kid is able to meet those obligations, then the NIL party has to continue to honor the agreement.

These idiots up north, I swear to Christ…

If he took money up front and performed services that are equal in value to the money, the NIL has no merit for lawsuit in most cases.

So let me get this straight
The gator nil ends up paying Ruiz the boogieman
And loses rashada bc they had no money left after paying back Ruiz
That’s a straight killer
Highly impressed bravo
He basically ***ed both of them for flipping
I wonder if Colorado and barstool gonna have to pay Ruiz back also

Advertisement
So let me get this straight
The gator nil ends up paying Ruiz the boogieman
And loses rashada bc they had no money left after paying back Ruiz
That’s a straight killer
Highly impressed bravo
He basically ***ed both of them for flipping
I wonder if Colorado and barstool gonna have to pay Ruiz back also

McClain couldn’t formally sign since the state does not allow high school kids to sign NIL.

That and he’s still high on Cornerback Jesus’ **** sweat.

Advertisement
So was TVD and he played better competition. You don’t know how Sanders will look. I think he’s a good player I’m not crapping on him. But off the top of my head they are losing 5 games alone right now. The point is, Rashada doesn’t seem like he’s going to sit. But I could be wrong

Without enrolling in the next 5 days, Rashada is guaranteed to sit for at least one year, barring injuries to guys ahead of him.

He needs to gain weight, he needs refinement, and it really doesn't matter what he wants, he is already imperiling HIS BEST CHANCE TO START AS A TRUE FRESHMAN (Florida) for more money. He had a wide-open depth chart in Hogtown.

That's all. Nothing personal. I just don't think Shedeur is some huge roadblock, at least the way that some people keep talking about it.

Sort of confirmation that the numbers being thrown out there for NIL aren't anywhere close to reality.

Confirmation that Mike Farrell is trash.

In his first paragraph, he acknowledges that he has a source that confirms the $13M ask AND he then concludes that it can't possibly be true (without citing any reason).

Just a terrible article.

Confirmation that Mike Farrell is trash.

In his first paragraph, he acknowledges that he has a source that confirms the $13M ask AND he then concludes that it can't possibly be true (without citing any reason).

Just a terrible article.
He intimated that his info was the Rashada's asked for $13M ... not that that amount was anywhere in the ballpark

Advertisement
Back