Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 3.04.41 PM.png

Advertisement

Wish we'd landed Moore at QB. And Bama landing EIGHT 5 stars? Wow. One would think that Texas or ATM would have picked off a few of those. I assume the Texas schools have more money than Bama, so seems that money isn't the only reason the top players pick a particular school. Makes me wonder - if Cristobal had managed to win more than 5 games, could we have landed a couple more 5 stars?

Last edited:
Alabama’s class is far and away number 1.

They have 8 (!) five-stars.

19 4-stars.

Out of a class of 28 they have only one 3-star.

Saban sees UGA nudging ahead the last couple of years (2 NCs) and what does he do, he goes back to what he knows is the tried-and-true method of winning, which is stack chips, stock that roster with talent, up and down the two and three deep.

It’s not complicated. It’s what Mario is trying to do, he saw firsthand how it was done. Obviously, he’s not quite there, yet, but with infrastructure and financial commitment that we have now, and with getting to that second tier of talent and recruiting, now we just need to bust up to that first tier over the next few cycles.

But in the meantime, we need to see that improvement on the field. It’s still going to take a couple more classes though. Don’t kid yourselves, we’re not close to being there yet.

Nope the way the college football world makes this a unique job…

They have been recruited and are followed by no less than 3 recruiting company’s who make money reporting on every little word, visit, and commitment they make. There are shows that have been out out like “QB1” which was a multi season Netflix show that followed 3 of them their senior year.

I’m sorry you don’t want these kids to earn their share of the pie. I’m guessing you just want even more bloated coaches salaries, TV networks and of course the NCAA to take all the money
Here we go with the knee-jerk overreactions. 🙄 I have no problem with college athletes getting paid. But NIL as it currently exists has nothing to do with that. These kids aren't being paid based on their CFB popularity. They haven't played a down. It's being used as a recruiting tool. Let's be real.

I'm guessing you're an agent who only cares about the 0.5% of kids you can scrape your 2% fee off the top off.

Wish we'd landed Moore at QB. And Bama landing EIGHT 5 stars? Wow. One would think that Texas or ATM would have picked off a few of those. I assume the Texas schools have more money than Bama, so seems that money isn't the only reason the top players pick a particular school. Makes me wonder - if Cristobal had managed to win more than 5 games, could we have landed a couple more 5 stars?
Bama and Ohio Taint with one 3 star. Lol. Unbelievable.

Advertisement
"By the way, just to put these amounts into sobering context, Brock Purdy who is undefeated as the starting QB for the San Francisco 49ers is on a rookie contract valued at $3.7 million over four years. Let that marinate." crazy chit with what's going on in college football.
Yeah; but he probably has some loser agent like Lee Steinberg or Drew Rosenhaus representing him, while Jaden is being represented by Harlan Rashada, Esquire!

Regardless of what's really true or not the whole situation is a mess..... Florida screwed themselves and there's no way around it....
In some regards something like this needed to happen to shake things up..... NIL needs to be reeled in to some extent.. I'm glad it's here and Athletes can get paid but we're seeing there's things that need fixing to protect everyone involved....

Advertisement
Bama and Ohio Taint with one 3 star. Lol. Unbelievable.
Some of that is also the bias in the rankings services that if Bama or OSU is recruiting a kid, he must be at least a 4 star. I’m not saying anyone is wrong, service or college, but the services simply trust Bama and OSU’s evals more than other school so when they learn 1 of those 2 has offered a kid, there is an implicit bias to watch the kid more and be ready to make him a 4 star.

Regardless of what's really true or not the whole situation is a mess..... Florida screwed themselves and there's no way around it....
In some regards something like this needed to happen to shake things up..... NIL needs to be reeled in to some extent.. I'm glad it's here and Athletes can get paid but we're seeing there's things that need fixing to protect everyone involved....
They desperately need to find a narrative to clear their name here, otherwise they are ****ed in recruiting. Expect to see all type of crazy and desperate theories moving forward to relieve some of the blame that in all actuality is 100% all their to bear.

Alabama’s class is far and away number 1.

They have 8 (!) five-stars.

19 4-stars.

Out of a class of 28 they have only one 3-star.

Saban sees UGA nudging ahead the last couple of years (2 NCs) and what does he do, he goes back to what he knows is the tried-and-true method of winning, which is stack chips, stock that roster with talent, up and down the two and three deep.

It’s not complicated. It’s what Mario is trying to do, he saw firsthand how it was done. Obviously, he’s not quite there, yet, but with infrastructure and financial commitment that we have now, and with getting to that second tier of talent and recruiting, now we just need to bust up to that first tier over the next few cycles.

But in the meantime, we need to see that improvement on the field. It’s still going to take a couple more classes though. Don’t kid yourselves, we’re not close to being there yet.
Bama's 3 star is a punter. Punters max out at 3 stars.
Oh No Lol GIF by Lifetime

Advertisement
Im sure the family is ****ed because it cost them some serious coin but this whole episode is the best thing that could have happened to Jaden. Washington has a really nice offense, probably better fit than Florida or Miami for that matter. On top of that, some of the pressure is off. He can now be more of a normal college football player and develop with a little less scrutiny out in the Pacific Northwest.

You know, Cormani needs to think this through.

UiF is the Flagship University in the third largest state in the country, it's a Top 10 public school, and it has a massive alumni base. AND THEY STILL HAD A 15 MILLION DOLLAR DONOR REFUSE TO PAY UP AND THE CHECK BOUNCED.

So...I don't know...why does anyone think that Colorado is the gold-standard of "we've got enough money to pay everyone Coach Prima Donna is recruiting and we would NEVER bounce a check"?

If it could happen at Florida...it could DEFINITELY happen at Colorado...
It's already happened twice at Colorado...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back