Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

They put their best offer on the table and he walked away.

iu

Advertisement
Tbh u can find an unknown QB who's a gem same like the TE position. If u ain't getting the Bryce Young's go find a duel threat that everyone's sleeping on and that's undervalued. Can someone who can move

I agree. But this is the difference between Canes and Gaytors.

We can actually identify a guy like Emory and take his verbal BEFORE we even get a commit from Jaden Rashada.

They cry like babies about the star-ratings and the class ranks. They tell you how bad a non-Top-100 QB will be before he ever moves to Hogtown.

So much for Rashada flipping on Miami because of a poor season. He’s already a bust and a locker room disease.
Yeah, the poor season was a nonsensical excuse. The gators managed only one more win than we did, despite our historically bad performance, rebuild mode, and extensive injury issues. No one was choosing the gators because they performed "better"

And then people wonder why I have to (eventually) type much longer responses...

Nobody goes to JuCo for a semester. It's just not done. There are many historical and practical reasons. Nearly every student-athlete who ever goes to JuCo stays for a 2-year degree.

I could also go into exhaustive detail as to why a 2-year degree allows you to "lose" fewer transfer credits than you would if you just randomly transferred schols without a degree. That might take some time, though.

But, yes, I should have gone into far more detail to address the microscopic percentage of exceptions.

I'll be more careful in the future.
Again, I was only referencing your statement. And I'll end with this. Go talk to Jeremy Shockey. In fact, the name escapes me now, but we were literally recruiting a juco kid a couple of years back that was eligible to transfer after one year because he was eligible out of high school. I'm sure recruitniks will remember the name.

My comment wasn't an attack on you or anything personal. You simply stated something that wasn't correct and I commented on it. If you would have said "most times" or something else I would have kept scrolling. You don't have to be more careful or go into far more detail or any other smart-*** comment that you'd like to make. Amazing that you have an issue with someone correcting what you said. I don't think I've ever interacted with you before on this board, and all of a sudden you're typing like we've been arguing back and forth for decades. ****. Chill out man.

Advertisement
Again, I was only referencing your statement. And I'll end with this. Go talk to Jeremy Shockey. In fact, the name escapes me now, but we were literally recruiting a juco kid a couple of years back that was eligible to transfer after one year because he was eligible out of high school. I'm sure recruitniks will remember the name.

My comment wasn't an attack on you or anything personal. You simply stated something that wasn't correct and I commented on it. If you would have said "most times" or something else I would have kept scrolling. You don't have to be more careful or go into far more detail or any other smart-*** comment that you'd like to make. Amazing that you have an issue with someone correcting what you said. I don't think I've ever interacted with you before on this board, and all of a sudden you're typing like we've been arguing back and forth for decades. ****. Chill out man.
If you have a passing SAT/ACT score and go to a JUCO you can transfer to a 4 year school after one year. In most cases, JUCO players are grade challenged and will require an AA to move to a 4 year school. Stetson Bennett went to a JUCO for one year and transferred back to Georgia!

Relax. I wasn't singling you out.

This is about Rashada not enrolling at UF, and pursuing a release from his LOI. A release from his LOI means he doesn't have to enroll, he doesn't have to transfer, etc. And he'd be able to use his "one free transfer" in the future, as well as to grad-transfer. Thus...full NIL leverage.

I mentioned prep school, which would also not start his eligiblity clock, NOT constitute a transfer, and would not pose any other barriers to college enrollment.

But JuCo, as an option for RASHADA, doesn't work as an easy bypass. Shockey was different, he didn't have Division 1-A scholarship offers out of HS, he didn't sign an LOI. So for Shockey, it was like anyone else in the world, you start at a 2-year school, but you can transfer later without any NCAA implications. There was no NIL back then, Shockey never chose to transfer a 2nd time, so all of that worked for Shockey and wouldn't work for Rashada.

****, I could even go back to Dan Sileo, who was enrolled as a part time student at a branch campus (not the main College Park campus) of University of Maryland in 1982-1983 when he did NOT EVEN play football. So, yeah, there are some weird fact patterns for athletes who are not recruited by Divsion I-A and who do not sign LOIs.

If you have a passing SAT/ACT score and go to a JUCO you can transfer to a 4 year school after one year. In most cases, JUCO players are grade challenged and will require an AA to move to a 4 year school. Stetson Bennett went to a JUCO for one year and transferred back to Georgia!

Absolutely. It's more complex since NIL, and if you are a Top 100 recruit with a 7 or 8 figure NIL deal, it's just not a viable option.

Relax. I wasn't singling you out.

This is about Rashada not enrolling at UF, and pursuing a release from his LOI. A release from his LOI means he doesn't have to enroll, he doesn't have to transfer, etc. And he'd be able to use his "one free transfer" in the future, as well as to grad-transfer. Thus...full NIL leverage.

I mentioned prep school, which would also not start his eligiblity clock, NOT constitute a transfer, and would not pose any other barriers to college enrollment.

But JuCo, as an option for RASHADA, doesn't work as an easy bypass. Shockey was different, he didn't have Division 1-A scholarship offers out of HS, he didn't sign an LOI. So for Shockey, it was like anyone else in the world, you start at a 2-year school, but you can transfer later without any NCAA implications. There was no NIL back then, Shockey never chose to transfer a 2nd time, so all of that worked for Shockey and wouldn't work for Rashada.

****, I could even go back to Dan Sileo, who was enrolled as a part time student at a branch campus (not the main College Park campus) of University of Maryland in 1982-1983 when he did NOT EVEN play football. So, yeah, there are some weird fact patterns for athletes who are not recruited by Divsion I-A and who do not sign LOIs.

I guess I took offense to the comment about you being more careful and whatnot. I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't trying to attack you or anything.

Advertisement
I know.

I guess I took offense to the comment about you being more careful and whatnot. I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't trying to attack you or anything.

Naw, man, it's nothing personal. Just a weariness, I guess. Nothing against you or anyone else, I just got a bit too sarcastic back there.

I try very hard to be factually accurate, and would hate to give the incorrect impression on any of this Rashada nonsense. I was trying to describe why "prep school" is the far better option than "JuCo" for Rashada, but you are 100% right on the NCAA rules generally.

All good. Honestly. I've probably posted about Rashada over 1,000 times in dozens of threads, so it's my fault for not realizing that "where I'm at" in the conversation may be different from someone else who may have missed part of the conversation that was on a separate thread.

I agree. But this is the difference between Canes and Gaytors.

We can actually identify a guy like Emory and take his verbal BEFORE we even get a commit from Jaden Rashada.

They cry like babies about the star-ratings and the class ranks. They tell you how bad a non-Top-100 QB will be before he ever moves to Hogtown.
I'm cool with under rated qbs that can move. If it's a statue I'm not on board. Statues are a dead breed

These numbers are just absurd and not true. I would say 95% of the nonsense thrown out there is false and is a spin job by some butt hurt fan base/"insiders"
Most likely, but I still think it's a bit out of control right now. I think the market will probably correct itself at some point.

Advertisement
am I wrong in thinking that it kinda worked out for him if he ends up at Washington? honestly as of RIGHT NOW (not in the future when we know the new OC and QBC), thats the best current offensive coaching he'd get.

School-wise? Sure.

Money-wise? I have no idea. I do know that he would have received all of the money LifeWallet promised to him at UM.

I'm not sure what Washington or any other Pac 12 school will promise him.

School-wise? Sure.

Money-wise? I have no idea. I do know that he would have received all of the money LifeWallet promised to him at UM.

I'm not sure what Washington or any other Pac 12 school will promise him.
meant school wise. NIL is diff and hes now dollar store shopping unless the demand is crazy for him. only reason I odnt have any ill will towards him is bc mike Ryan reported that he returned all the money he got or may have gotten (bc who knows what was exchanged) once he flipped

Advertisement
It's not all guaranteed. There is some guaranteed money and some additional money that depends on how much "NIL-ing" you do.

Now, Nico's deal was a bit different, because he signed over the right to exploit his NIL to the Tennessee collective. So they promised him a guaranteed 8 mill (not all at once), but then Tennessee can use him as much as possible. Meaning, if the kid has an amazing career and wins the Heisman, etc., it might be possible for the Tennessee collective to turn a profit (i.e., they bring in more than 8 mill of revenue off of Nico).
Appreciate the response!

It's not all guaranteed. There is some guaranteed money and some additional money that depends on how much "NIL-ing" you do.

Now, Nico's deal was a bit different, because he signed over the right to exploit his NIL to the Tennessee collective. So they promised him a guaranteed 8 mill (not all at once), but then Tennessee can use him as much as possible. Meaning, if the kid has an amazing career and wins the Heisman, etc., it might be possible for the Tennessee collective to turn a profit (i.e., they bring in more than 8 mill of revenue off of Nico).
Could they overuse him? I.e., Nico, you have to be at 30 autograph signings per month, for five hours a day?

Advertisement
Back