Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
Can't give out NIL's based off of production and availability.
Surprised GIF by ION

Am I the only one who has a problem with unproven high school kids getting paid more money in 2 - 4 years than 95% of the population will earn in their lifetimes?

$13,000,000.00??? There are guys in the NFL who aren't making that kind of money. Somebody please tell me that deals like that are heavily backloaded, with multiple NIL company options in case a kid turns out to be a bench-riding bust.
It's probably more money than about 99.3% of the population will earn. There are 56 million (or so) millionaires on the planet out of 8 billion people.

Still, the solution for people who are appalled by the numbers is very simple - stop pocket watching.

The people with the money make the decisions. If they (or "the market") decide that it takes 13 million over 4 years to acquire (or keep a rival from acquiring) necessary talent, so be it. It's just simple supply and demand - only difference here is that the cartel on the demand side had a 100-year-old scheme aimed at ensuring that the supply side was devalued. That scheme is dead (mostly).

Was simply replying to the comment you made which was not 100% accurate.

And then people wonder why I have to (eventually) type much longer responses...

Nobody goes to JuCo for a semester. It's just not done. There are many historical and practical reasons. Nearly every student-athlete who ever goes to JuCo stays for a 2-year degree.

I could also go into exhaustive detail as to why a 2-year degree allows you to "lose" fewer transfer credits than you would if you just randomly transferred schols without a degree. That might take some time, though.

But, yes, I should have gone into far more detail to address the microscopic percentage of exceptions.

I'll be more careful in the future.

Advertisement
So much for Rashada flipping on Miami because of a poor season. He’s already a bust and a locker room disease.

Yeah, I was never a fan of spending big money for a HS QB. That first bone jarring sack from a blind-side DE turns many a 5 star into a JAG.

Go find one in the portal that has faced college competition successfully while you develop the high 3 or 4 star kids out of high school on the cheap. The beta for college QBs has always been too high to justify the investment on the 5 stars, IMHO.

The 5 star I could see making an exception for is Dante Moore. He may have been worth a solid NIL contract. Another possible good ROI guy was Avery Johnson. He would have been a lot cheaper and I think he turns out decent. I liked Iamaleava but not for the money being reported. Rashada to me was a huge gamble, and the clown show that followed should make him a black ball for Miami.

p.s., I don't know a lot of the other 4-stars and 3-stars ahead of Emory Williams. But I think we got our money's worth with him. He couldn't have commanded a significant NIL contract.

While I'm all for NIL, geez, these numbers are pretty insane. Hope we have some cartel money 💰 sitting away somewhere 😉

Advertisement
Am I the only one who has a problem with unproven high school kids getting paid more money in 2 - 4 years than 95% of the population will earn in their lifetimes?

$13,000,000.00??? There are guys in the NFL who aren't making that kind of money. Somebody please tell me that deals like that are heavily backloaded, with multiple NIL company options in case a kid turns out to be a bench-riding bust.

A couple of things.

First, the $13 million is a max, and is certainly not guaranteed. While it is NOT "technically" pay-for-play, there are plenty of "play-adjacent" reasons why a non-starter bust would not come close to earning the max amount.

Second, you could also analyze this from a "risk" standpoint. Meaning, if a kid is preparing for a career in which millions of dollars can be earned in only a few years (average length of an NFL career), and then are being asked to risk that future on an UNPAID THREE OR FOUR YEARS during which the NCAA, the colleges, and the TV broadcasters make MASSIVE amounts of money off of unpaid labor...wouldn't THAT be worth something to the most highly talented kids coming out of high school?

After all, high-school-aged soccer players can make money. Tennis players. Golfers. ****, you can probably make more "official" money playing Pickleball than you can playing COLLEGE Football.

Regarding Rashada, even though on a scale of 1-10 I’m at a 1 as far as wanting him back, the only reason it’s a 1 is there’s a small part of me that would love nothing more than to take him back just to eff with the Turds’ in Gainesville. Mario and Ruiz are already living rent-free in their heads, they might as well set up shop permanently.

Is that worth his potential toxicity and drama in the program? Not to mention the message it sends to the class that []__[] embrace a someone who quit on them...

Advertisement
Ya dumb af if ya actually believe those numbers reported that the kids are getting lol. Even if they were true oh well, stop counting the next man pockets and the market will adjust itself anyway.

It's not all guaranteed.

But I can assure you of this, Jaden Rashada was promised that he could earn a maximum amount of compensation in the low 8-figures.

If private individuals wanna spend 13 mill on a high school QB go right ahead. I dont care, it does need better guidelines and parameters. Like i said the schools need to be the one paying the money, whether salary laws or whatever and then they are contracted. All yall talking bout yall dont want high school kids getn paid. Get over it, its been happening. Do u want rules or a free for all is your choices. They gonna get paid.

Advertisement
Word. I was about to ask if anyone knew. I wonder if it is guaranteed money or dependent on production and availability.

It's not all guaranteed. There is some guaranteed money and some additional money that depends on how much "NIL-ing" you do.

Now, Nico's deal was a bit different, because he signed over the right to exploit his NIL to the Tennessee collective. So they promised him a guaranteed 8 mill (not all at once), but then Tennessee can use him as much as possible. Meaning, if the kid has an amazing career and wins the Heisman, etc., it might be possible for the Tennessee collective to turn a profit (i.e., they bring in more than 8 mill of revenue off of Nico).

Advertisement
Back