Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
I'm sure Colorado has money, but boosters going to have fund rashada, CM, the transfer guys, and primes salary. Seems unlikely to me they have all that figured out in short order. Could see some checks bounce.

You know, Cormani needs to think this through.

UiF is the Flagship University in the third largest state in the country, it's a Top 10 public school, and it has a massive alumni base. AND THEY STILL HAD A 15 MILLION DOLLAR DONOR REFUSE TO PAY UP AND THE CHECK BOUNCED.

So...I don't know...why does anyone think that Colorado is the gold-standard of "we've got enough money to pay everyone Coach Prima Donna is recruiting and we would NEVER bounce a check"?

If it could happen at Florida...it could DEFINITELY happen at Colorado...

Henceforth, “Rashadaing ” will be shorthand for F’ing around and Finding Out.
Left millions on NIL table by flipping to flagship.

780hic.jpg

Advertisement
Regarding Rashada, even though on a scale of 1-10 I’m at a 1 as far as wanting him back, the only reason it’s a 1 is there’s a small part of me that would love nothing more than to take him back just to eff with the Turds’ in Gainesville. Mario and Ruiz are already living rent-free in their heads, they might as well set up shop permanently.

Generally agree but the likelihood everyone who avoided this kid, one way or another, dodged a bullet is steadily increasing.

Regarding juco, unless things have changed, earning a 2 year degree is not a requirement if you were a full academic qualifier coming out of high school.

There are additional requirements. The "earned a 2-year degree" wipes out all the limiting factors and other hoops to jump through. The core of it is that the NCAA does not allow a brief trip to JuCo to allow anyone to skip out on the GPA/SAT requirements coming out of high school.

There would be risks with trying to go JuCo, instead of prepping, if the intent is only to go for one semester. If you try to pull a JuCo one (semester) and done, you have to pull a 2.5 GPA in at least 12 TRANSFERABLE credit hours (not including PE), so it's a risky path to take if you do not know which 4-year university you will be attending yet. If you fail on any criterion, you have to sit out the one year. Also, that move from JuCo to 4-year school would count as your "one free transfer", while a person with a 2-year degree is not transferring in the same way. That would be more like a grad-transfer.

I realize that this might seem like a difference without a distinction, but I think that there are valid considerations why nobody goes to JuCo over prep school just to get out of an LOI. One reason, specifically, is that prep school doesn't start the eligibility clock, while JuCo does.

1674133947424.png

1674134023630.png

That’s because NFL scouts primarily look at your physical characteristics such as height, arm strength, speed, etc. instead of the intangibles(poise, leadership, mental toughness) which I believe are just as important, if not more, for QB’s. When Brady and Manning came out of college there was nothing that blew you away about either athletically, but they’re two of the GOATS. Look at Ken Dorsey and Stetson Bennett in college, same thing.
Ken didnt succeed in the NFL as a QB bc he also didnt have the talent. you need that stuff the NFL values as well. Bennett likely wont do **** in the league either. Brady was really the only exception for a guy drafted that late to have his career. Manning was a top 2 pick

Advertisement
Am I the only one who has a problem with unproven high school kids getting paid more money in 2 - 4 years than 95% of the population will earn in their lifetimes?

$13,000,000.00??? There are guys in the NFL who aren't making that kind of money. Somebody please tell me that deals like that are heavily backloaded, with multiple NIL company options in case a kid turns out to be a bench-riding bust.
Is it crazy? Yes. Is there a free market? Yes. Will it likely correct itself over time? Yes.

Evaluating QBs is very hard, alot of nfl scouts get them wrong too. The most important part of the evaluation imo is off the field stuff…Thats why i like the emory pickup
I agree with you. The intangibles is my #1 trait I look for in a qb. Work ethic, leadership, IQ, etc.

The rocket arm is nice but I've seen enough football to know alone doesn't carry a career past HS.

Advertisement
There are additional requirements. The "earned a 2-year degree" wipes out all the limiting factors and other hoops to jump through. The core of it is that the NCAA does not allow a brief trip to JuCo to allow anyone to skip out on the GPA/SAT requirements coming out of high school.

There would be risks with trying to go JuCo, instead of prepping, if the intent is only to go for one semester. If you try to pull a JuCo one (semester) and done, you have to pull a 2.5 GPA in at least 12 TRANSFERABLE credit hours (not including PE), so it's a risky path to take if you do not know which 4-year university you will be attending yet. If you fail on any criterion, you have to sit out the one year. Also, that move from JuCo to 4-year school would count as your "one free transfer", while a person with a 2-year degree is not transferring in the same way. That would be more like a grad-transfer.

I realize that this might seem like a difference without a distinction, but I think that there are valid considerations why nobody goes to JuCo over prep school just to get out of an LOI. One reason, specifically, is that prep school doesn't start the eligibility clock, while JuCo does.

View attachment 225655
View attachment 225656

Was simply replying to the comment you made which was not 100% accurate.

Am I the only one who has a problem with unproven high school kids getting paid more money in 2 - 4 years than 95% of the population will earn in their lifetimes?

$13,000,000.00??? There are guys in the NFL who aren't making that kind of money. Somebody please tell me that deals like that are heavily backloaded, with multiple NIL company options in case a kid turns out to be a bench-riding bust.
Nope the way the college football world makes this a unique job…

They have been recruited and are followed by no less than 3 recruiting company’s who make money reporting on every little word, visit, and commitment they make. There are shows that have been out out like “QB1” which was a multi season Netflix show that followed 3 of them their senior year.

I’m sorry you don’t want these kids to earn their share of the pie. I’m guessing you just want even more bloated coaches salaries, TV networks and of course the NCAA to take all the money

Advertisement
Is it crazy? Yes. Is there a free market? Yes. Will it likely correct itself over time? Yes.
Additionally, no one got paid 13M. UF did not live up to their end of the promise.

I am unsure of any other multimillion deals out there. Exceptions like Arch Manning would be a unique case since his family name gives him an added level of intrigue. I doubt his deals will reach 8 figures without tremendous accomplishments.
I would guess Malachi Nelson or Nico I. for Tenn were the top two earners outside of that.

Additionally, no one got paid 13M to my knowledge. Maybe Malachi Nelson for USC. UF did not live up to their end of the promise.

I am unsure of any other multimillion deals out there. Exceptions like Arch Manning would be a unique case since his family name gives him an added level of intrigue. I doubt his deals will reach 8 figures without tremendous accomplishments.

Nico at Tenn got 8 mil.

Advertisement
Back