Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
If they refuse to release him from his LOI and he doesn't report to campus, is it like an NFL contract (ala a player holdout) where he does not accumulate years until reporting in?
he could immediately transfer (happened before where a guy signs an NLI, EEs, then transfers (didnt bru McCoy do this and steele?)

Advertisement
If they refuse to release him from his LOI and he doesn't report to campus, is it like an NFL contract (ala a player holdout) where he does not accumulate years until reporting in?

Eligibility clock starts upon enrollment.

And given that this is mid-year, it probably doesn't really matter, as his "normal" start date (ignoring football practice calendars) should have been August 2023 anyhow.

Rashada could JUCO for a year. My Laney College Eagles could use him in Oakland!

If you go JuCo, you have to earn a 2 year degree to transfer back out to a 4 year school and get an athletic scholarship.

Prep school is different, he could prep for a semester or two.

I wonder if an NIL could have incentives. For example there’s a base of 50k if you throw 10tds you get another 10k, thrown for 2,000 another 10k etc… Don’t know if that’s legal

Advertisement
I thought the whole "deal" with NIL was that the player was being compensated by a third party for work he ostensibly did/would do for a business, e.g., Life Wallet or whatever.

The school itself was NOT supposed to be the party making any monetary offers. Has that whole phony pretense now just been totally dropped?
It wasn’t the school. It was the Gator Collective - totally independent entity.

Advertisement
Where are they getting the money from? Last we heard they couldn't even afford Sanders' contract.

Also I'm clearly out of touch with young African American men as I've zero idea what hold Sanders has over them. He's a complete fraud.
They have collectives. CM’s offer from CU is right there with UM’s so they have funds with NIL.

Did rep call ask to match the UiF offer or for the original Cane offer?
Jalen Rose Sport GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Advertisement
he could immediately transfer (happened before where a guy signs an NLI, EEs, then transfers (didnt bru McCoy do this and steele?)
Bru McCoy was a mess! Committed early January and enrolled at USC, late January flipped to Texas, enrolled, signed his LOI, during the summer, transferred to USC. Only to end up at Tennessee this past year.

Advertisement
Back