Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
Im glad this is blowing up because there needs to be some regulations in place on BOTH sides. For a program to basically offer a kid a huge NIL deal knowing full **** well they dont have the money is about as low as you can get. Do I feel bad for Rashada? **** no. But NCAA needs to find some way to nip this in the bud because this absolutely could happen alot more often. Rashada was savvy enough not to enroll until the check came. Some kids live off the "honor system" and would have enrolled and never seen the agreed upon money.

1674064366057.gif

Yup.

Keep in mind, the Rashadas fired the GOOD agent who was honest about the Gaytor Collective being a sham.

And they hired some guy who took a bunch of IOUs as "payment".

I realize that all this NIL stuff is new, and I'll maintain a portion of empathy/sympathy for what is happening...but for the most part, the Rashadas have no one to blame but themselves and their greed.

And I'm not against "getting the best deal". But they had the best REAL deal signed and in their pocket. And they continued to shop it, even after signing it, right from the day that they signed it.

So they traded the bird-in-hand for two in the bush, which promptly flew away...

I think it’s fairly logical to say that they’re going to end up with less than they would’ve had just sticking with Miami. That’s what happens with inexperienced people, they end up ******* around, and in a worse position than before they meddled.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I actually hope the biggest fallout from this is D.J. Lagway starts questioning his commitment to UF and hopefully we hire a stud OC who can help convince him to flip to us in ‘24.
Lagway I feel is all in on the Gators mainly because he wants to play baseball

I thought the whole "deal" with NIL was that the player was being compensated by a third party for work he ostensibly did/would do for a business, e.g., Life Wallet or whatever.

The school itself was NOT supposed to be the party making any monetary offers. Has that whole phony pretense now just been totally dropped?

Advertisement
Was that NIL deal in writing? Was it contractual? Not sure how that works. Sounds to me that wherever he lands he will always be a portal threat for the right price.

I thought the whole "deal" with NIL was that the player was being compensated by a third party for work he ostensibly did/would do for a business, e.g., Life Wallet or whatever.

The school itself was NOT supposed to be the party making any monetary offers. Has that whole phony pretense now just been totally dropped?
That’s what it is, the school itself didn’t make the offer. Its just that gator collective is a sham 3rd party “company”, all they do it “pay” UF players/ recruits

Advertisement
Both are bad looks but Rashada is worse Imo but there’s more to that story. Which is why UM said no thanks when his rep reached back out leading up to Esd.
Did rep call ask to match the UiF offer or for the original Cane offer?

Advertisement
Back